autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up *NEW* Lake Country THIN Wool Pads - Heavy Correction Made Possible with a DA!

Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads combine the proven durability and immense cut of the thicker style Lake Country Foamed Wool Pads in a new, 1/4 inch thickness. This makes the Thin Foamed Wool Pads a better choice for conventional dual action polishers that feature a free-floating spindle bearing assembly, like the Porter Cable 7424xp, Meguiars G110v2, Griot’s Garage 6 Inch Random Orbital DA and the Shurhold Dual Action Polisher. If your goal is to remove heavy swirls and water spots, Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads are for you!

The secret to the superb cutting and finishing ability of the Thin Foamed Wool Pads is a fusion of foam and wool known as nanofoam. Nanofoam particles encapsulate the base of the wool fibers to help prevent caking and matting. This enables Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads to cut like a wool pad but finish like a foam pad, giving you the benefits of both a foam and a wool pad – in one!

Short fibers
    The advantage of a shorter, ¼ in pile is less rotational mass. Conventional dual action polishers, like the Porter Cable 7424xp, are not designed to provide the power necessary to rotate a full-size wool pad. If the pad isn’t rotating, the swirls, water spots and scratches will not be removed. Thanks to the thin, ¼ inch pile of the Thin Foamed Wool Pads, you’ll be able to remove heavy swirls, water spots, oxidation and scratches with your dual action polisher.

Nanofoam particles
    Lake Country’s Foamed Wool is a patented process whereby microscopic polyfoam particles encapsulate the base of the wool pad. You can feel how the wool is tighter and denser than a regular wool pad. This enables the Thin Foamed Wool Pads to better withstand the stress of polishing with less caking and matting, providing more consistent results. The Foamed Wool encapsulation process locks the lambswool fibers in place to significantly reduce linting. The paint surface will stay cleaner as you work with less to clean up when you’re finished detailing.

Durability
    Lake Country Foamed Wool Pads have proven themselves as being one of the most durable buffing pads available. Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads are no different. These pads can be used, abused, washed and reused, making them one of the smartest investments in paint polishing material. If you’re a professional detailer that offers paint correction services, Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads will quickly become a staple in your arsenal of detailing supplies.

Versatility
    Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads can be used on paint systems with varying levels of hardness or softness. Whether you’re working on rock-hard German paint or super-soft Japanese paint, rest assured the Thin Foamed Wool Pad will cut out the defects without scouring or dulling the finish. What more could you ask for in a wool pad?

Available in 3 1/4 and 5 1/2 inch - sold in TWO packs.

Lake Country Thin Foamed Wool Pads

Post Thanks / Like

Re: *NEW* Lake Country THIN Wool Pads - Heavy Correction Made Possible with a DA!

Finally! Can't wait to test these out, Bout time a DA Friendly wool pad hit the market

Post Thanks / Like

Re: *NEW* Lake Country THIN Wool Pads - Heavy Correction Made Possible with a DA!

Looking forward to seeing reviews on these. Very interesting to see a DA friendly wool pad.

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, when would I choose these over a microfiber cutting pad, and vice versa?

Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Colinpd137 View Post

time a DA Friendly wool pad hit the market

I agree. Chalk up another first for LAKE COUNTRY Pad Manufacturing. Eric Dunn and team are very good at what they do.

I've only used these pads on oxidized gel-coats using a PC but they worked well for removing heavy oxidation using just about any chemical I tested. I'll see if I can dig up the pictures.

We could give these a try at the boat detailing class next week. I also have a swirled-out black 1979 Firechicken to buff out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Nick, when would I choose these over a microfiber cutting pad, and vice versa?
    Great question. These provide more cut, which would make them the ideal choice for heavy correction.

I've personally compared the Thin Wool Pads to (Lake Country) Ultra-Fiber pads and the additional cut provided by the Thin Wool Pads is noticeable right away. The Thin Wool Pads are virtually indestructible as well; you will not find a more durable pad.

Which one is better? That question cannot be answered as they both serve their own intended purpose. Asking which one is better is no different than asking if a 9 inch wool pad is better than a 5.5 inch foam jeweling pad.

Stock up on wool, microfiber, and foam pads so you're equipped to tackle anything that comes your way.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Great question. These provide more cut, which would make them the ideal choice for heavy correction.
    Thanks Nick, kinda what I figured!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Thanks Nick, kinda what I figured!
    These pads are sweet....

I've used them with SMAT and DAT polishes - all perform very well.

Post Thanks / Like

What are the risks of using these? Could paint be damaged by them like wool pads on a rotary?

How agressive are they compared to Microfiber on the agressiveness scale?

Finaly, how effective would those be are replacing wetsanding for RIDS? Could I spot compound them with a 3" GG DA using something like M101 instead of wetsanding?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    If I had to guess, I wouldn't think there would be much difference in cut between these and a Meg's MF cutting pad. I could be wrong..
    '03 Corvette Z06

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast