autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    could a reviewer tell us if the foam is as soft as the foam the shmitt is made out of?? just from looking at the pictures of the new lake country mitt it looks like the foam is much more coarse than the shmitt foam which makes me kinda skeptical about the new mitt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bambo2888
    in all honesty, the foam feels of the exact same quality, just a different color.
    I am trying my best to stay out of this but for a technical question such as this I must interject. The foam is not near the same as the ShMiTT. The White foam used in the ShMiTT is the softest on the GLOBE at 110ppi. The red which we know for a fact because we make it for AutoGeek is a 60ppi. The Yellow bug scrubbing foam on the back of the ShMiTT is high quality open cell Polyester Urethane, the red unreticulated foam on the other mitt is very inexpensive lower quality foam that does not have the scrubbing characteristics of the ShMiTT.

Post Thanks / Like
    despite what the technical characteristics may or may not be, the foams FEEL the same. no matter their makeup, what they feel like will determine their performance.

granted i am not the designer or niether the schmitt nor LC mits, they both do an awesome job, but the new mit has made some improvements that are great.

in no way will my schmitt ever be tossed aside, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    The red which we know for a fact because we make it for AutoGeek is a 60ppi.
    so wait, edge makes the red LC mit?
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasTB

"If you don't stand behind our troops, then why don't you stand in front of them"

2003 Yamaha R6
    2000 Acura TL -- White Diamond Pearl
    1999 Honda CBR600 F4 - Midnight Black Pearl
    1996 Nissan Maxima -- Pebble Beige (RIP)

Post Thanks / Like
    I read that as they make the foam for AG, base material before it's cut up into mitts. I agree with your support of our military men and women, God bless each and every one and may they have a safe return home soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by bambo2888
    so wait, edge makes the red LC mit?
    No, We make buffing pads for AG from the same red foam as LC is using on that mitt.

Post Thanks / Like
    So this mitt should be made from the same red foam as the red ccs applicator sponge? If so who has one of the red applicator sponges and let us know how soft it is and how it compares to the white foam on the schmitt. Just curious and trying to get some feedback on the softness. The LC mitt looks like a good design and as does the schmitt too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 1 of the 6 1/2 inch CCS pads in red..and they are very soft...and I have some 4 inch ones also for the polish pal for applying sealants....

both will be good mitts..just pick what you like...once they are released for sale there will be reviews...

Al

Post Thanks / Like
    lol thanks for the torture autogeek! ive been checking daily to see when it is in stock. i just checked and the prices were there.... but no place to add to cart! this is torture!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123