autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Menzerna Chart

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    Wonder if a sealant will bond to this Finishing Glaze.
    FMJ will, don't know about others.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by killrwheels@autogeek

Menzerna PowerGloss Compound - capable of removing 1000 grit sanding scratches, swirls, and oxidation with minimal loss of surface gloss. Also available in a gallon.

Menzerna Super Intensive Polish - removes 2000 grit sanding scratches, swirls, and other imperfections on scratch-resistant, ceramic clear coats and all other paint systems. Finishes with no haze on light colored paints.

Menzerna Intensive Polish - a concentrated one-step polish that removes 2000 grit sanding scratches on fresh OEM and repair paint systems. Works like a compound but finishes like a polish. Also available in a gallon.

Menzerna Final Polish - a high concentrate polish that removes 2500 grit sanding scratches and burnishes the paint to a brilliant gloss.

Menzerna Micro Polish - uses a finely milled abrasive powder to eliminate haze, very light swirls, and holograms on all types of paint. Use as a finishing polish or a prewax polish.

Menzerna Nano Polish - repair 2500 grit sanding scratches, haze, and swirls on scratch-resistant clear coats and all other types of paint with this ultra fine abrasive polish. Also available in a gallon.

Menzerna Finishing Glaze - adds a deeper, wetter gloss to the paint while hiding minor imperfections with micro fine fillers. Contains no wax.

just a couple questions.

1. what pads and machine(DA or ROTARY) was used to get these results?
    2. with the NANO(106ff) being pad dependent was the 2500 grit marks the worse that could be removed using an very aggressive pad?
    3.and with the NANO(106ff) being made for the scratch-resistant clear coats would i need anything stronger for softer clear coats?

i was thinking of getting 106ff(nano) to remove scratches then make a pass with 87mc(micro polish) to clean up what the 106ff(nano) left. if anything. then run the 115c(glaze) before applying the natty's.
    any suggestions on a sealant that will work with the 115c(glaze)?
    i was thinking of DG105 or 4star upp. would like to get a nice sealant that will replace to wax. only reason is customers cant be without their cars for an additional 12-24 hours for the sealant to cure before waxing it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cullen, Micro Polish (87MC= 85RD) has a gloss of 5.

Detailgod, I use 85RD (aka 87MC) and 106FF with a PC and white pad and sometimes go to an orange spot pad for 106 for tougher swirls. Basically, I try 85RD first since it has less cut, then 106FF as necessary. I do also use OC. I have used these polishes on conventional clears (Ford and GM) and hard clears (Corvettes).

As far as sealant cure times, you might look at some of CG's sealants which cure in 30 minutes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax
    Cullen, Micro Polish (87MC= 85RD) has a gloss of 5.

Detailgod, I use 85RD (aka 87MC) and 106FF with a PC and white pad and sometimes go to an orange spot pad for 106 for tougher swirls. Basically, I try 85RD first since it has less cut, then 106FF as necessary. I do also use OC. I have used these polishes on conventional clears (Ford and GM) and hard clears (Corvettes).

As far as sealant cure times, you might look at some of CG's sealants which cure in 30 minutes.

so you think that just getting 106ff,87mc(85rd) and 115c(glaze) will take care of atleast 80% of all paint correction?

Post Thanks / Like
    What would be the benefit of having Menzerna PowerGloss Compound S34A in my arsenal of products?
    They call me "Blue"

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailgod, Some finishes may be beyond these products, but in general I would say yes, 80%. In fact 106FF alone is very, very good. The glaze I have not used. Some others might want to comment on how 106FF and 87MC work on conventional clears, but I have had no issues on Ford and GM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax
    Detailgod, Some finishes may be beyond these products, but in general I would say yes, 80%. In fact 106FF alone is very, very good. The glaze I have not used. Some others might want to comment on how 106FF and 87MC work on conventional clears, but I have had no issues on Ford and GM.

thats cool. to take car of the other 20% i will just step upto IP or SIP. thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by detailgod
    just a couple questions.

1. what pads and machine(DA or ROTARY) was used to get these results?
    2. with the NANO(106ff) being pad dependent was the 2500 grit marks the worse that could be removed using an very aggressive pad?
    3.and with the NANO(106ff) being made for the scratch-resistant clear coats would i need anything stronger for softer clear coats?

i was thinking of getting 106ff(nano) to remove scratches then make a pass with 87mc(micro polish) to clean up what the 106ff(nano) left. if anything. then run the 115c(glaze) before applying the natty's.
    any suggestions on a sealant that will work with the 115c(glaze)?
    i was thinking of DG105 or 4star upp. would like to get a nice sealant that will replace to wax. only reason is customers cant be without their cars for an additional 12-24 hours for the sealant to cure before waxing it.
    PO106FF breaks down very well, and has a gloss level of 5 (max). You won't need to follow it up with 87mc.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    PO106FF breaks down very well, and has a gloss level of 5 (max). You won't need to follow it up with 87mc.

after removing scratches/swirls with 106ff i can go staright to glaze then lsp? glaze for added wetness of course

Post Thanks / Like
    You can go straight to lsp after 106. I have used 106 on about 100 different
    vehicles without any problems. You may want to purchase sip just in case.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast