autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Menzerna Chart

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Al-53
    there is also a newer polish in the 106 class called 106FA..which is not available now....which is 106FF with a better lube and better cut and finishes perfect....what was available is now sold out...should see it come fall or sooner....do not know about here...
    I'm looking forward on getting my hand on 106FA, my friend from Europe says it's much better then 106FF and it leaves an incredable look. What was available was supposed to have been the trial/samples though. Apperently they ran out of materials to complete the full package of 106FA and PO85RD3.02..well that's what I was told. As soon as they are available I'll be getting them both. The PO85RD3.02 should be available soon but the 106FA will probably take a little longer.

Well that's what I know about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    even when I bought over seas the SIP was cheaper....it may not be as refined in the abrasives as in the others.it does not finish out like them also...the SIP is white and the others are a gray ,,maybe since SIP is more for cut and the others are more for the cut and finished look....

the ones getting the clearest finish with SIP are using wool..with foam it still needs to be polished with a finer polish...

AL
    Good info, so you're saying there are guys with the talent to finish lsp ready with SIP/wool pad? Color me impressed.
    Justin's Auto Detailing
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nimble
    Good info, so you're saying there are guys with the talent to finish lsp ready with SIP/wool pad? Color me impressed.

Yes I was impressed..the pad they have been using is the LC wool foam pad from AG...its a combo of wool and foam...

AL

Post Thanks / Like
    hers the scoop on 106FF...85RD ...and 85Re5 and 83Q (Po85 3.0..3.01 and 3.02)..these are the ceramic polishes....they are milled finer and also they contain more abrasive content in the mix....they contain 7% were as the 87MC 85RU and the other polishes not in the ceramic catergory contain 3% abrasives...

the ceramics are milled finer with a harder abrasive...

the 87MC and 85U do not replace the ceramic nano polishes....106FF...85RD and 85Re5....

the others like 85U and 87MC are used for regular clearcaots and will work to an extent on very hard clears....hence the price difference...

I just got off the phone with the people in Europe I bought my Menz from and thats the info I was told....

there is also a newer polish in the 106 class called 106FA..which is not available now....which is 106FF with a better lube and better cut and finishes perfect....what was available is now sold out...should see it come fall or sooner....do not know about here...

Al..
    Al,
    What about that Italian gel polish that you had mentioned (elsewhere) that is supposed to be the cat's a$$ on top of Menz..have you heard anymore about that?

Post Thanks / Like
    not gelson I hope. thats full of fillers

On the aussie bottle of PO91, it states 1500 grit cutting power.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by richy
    Al,
    What about that Italian gel polish that you had mentioned (elsewhere) that is supposed to be the cat's a$$ on top of Menz..have you heard anymore about that?

No...I have not....some one on another forum was at the show in Germany where it was shown and said it was some real nice stuff....I had a link to the site in my email but must have deleted it...it explained the stuff....had to translate the page cause it was in Italian ....but there was just 2 products that did it all..and was pad dependent...just a cut product and a finish product...

AL

Post Thanks / Like

Final Polish II?

I have a bottle of "Final Polish II" at home. What is the the german code name for this (PO...) and how does it compare to the Final Polish now being sold on AG?

Post Thanks / Like

What Is Right For Bmw

i HAVE AN 06 BLACK 325I. i AM CONFUSED AS TO WHETHER I HAVE ONE OF THE SUPER HARD CLEAR COATS OR NOT.
    ALSO WHAT IS THE BEST PRODUCST TO USE FOR THAT FINISH.

I ALREADY AM USING THE INTENSIVE POLISH, FINAL POLISH AND GLAZE. .. ALL ARE VESIONS CARRIED AG.
    IS THE NANO OR MICRO RIGHT FOR ME ? ANY OTHERS ?

THANKS
    Last edited by Largebore; 06-17-2007 at 07:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Largebore
    i HAVE AN 06 BLACK 325I. i AM CONFUSED AS TO WHETHER I HAVE ONE OF THE SUPER HARD CLEAR COATS OR NOT.
    ALSO WHAT IS THE BEST PRODUCST TO USE FOR THAT FINISH.

I ALREADY AM USING THE INTENSIVE POLISH, FINAL POLISH AND GLAZE. .. ALL ARE VESIONS CARRIED AG.
    IS THE NANO OR MICRO RIGHT FOR ME ? ANY OTHERS ?

THANKS
    I'VE READ THAT SOME BLACK BMWS HAVE VERY HARD CLEAR COATS, SOME ARE OK. IF YOU ARE USING MENZERNA POLISHES, YOU SHOULD BE IN GOOD SHAPE.

WHAT PADS ARE YOU USING?

Post Thanks / Like
    The newer Bmw's all seem to have hard clear coats, we just might change from 3M to Menzerna. Gotta check it out after the holiday.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast