autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

New Optimum Coatings (Opti-Lens, Opti-Glass) In Stock!

Every ten years or so Ferrari unveils a new super super car (yes, two "supers"). Each new flagship is met with great anticipation from automotive enthusiasts around the world. When Ferrari showed off the LaFerrari at the Geneva show a couple weeks ago, the automotive would was turned upside down. A high-revving (9250 RPM!!) naturally aspirated V12 paired with the most advanced hybrid system available?! Get out.

In the car care world, a new product unveiling from Optimum Polymer Technologies is just as significant. When Dr. David Ghodoussi - the man behind Optimum Polymer Technologies - unveils a new product, people perk up and pay attention. That's exactly what happened at last year's SEMA show when the doctor unveiled four all new products.

The first of four new offerings from Optimum to be released was No Rinse Wash & Wax.

Up Close & Personal: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax

Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax is yet another revolutionary product from Optimum Polymer Technologies. Dr. David Ghodoussi - the brains behind Optimum car care products - managed to fuse his award-winning No Rinse Wash & Shine with the patented UV inhibitors found in Optimum Car Wax to create an all-new product – Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax. The latest innovation from Optimum Polymer Technologies promises to deliver the convenience of a rinseless car wash with the cutting-edge protection of advanced UV inhibitors and high-grade carnauba wax.

The other three products, Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating, Opti-Glass Coating and Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate, officially went on sale last night. I've played around with all three and as expected, they're fantastic.

Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating

Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating is a resin-based coating designed to protect headlights against yellowing, fading and discoloration for the life of the vehicle. Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating forms a covalent bond with the headlight and cross-links to blanket the lens with a durable, protective film. Headlights coated with Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating will retain perfect clarity in any environment – forever!

Optimum Opti-Lens Headlight Coating is a highly modified version of Optimum’s first coating – Opti-Coat (once known as Opti-Guard). Polycarbonate headlight lenses require far more UV protection than paint does so Dr. David Ghodoussi – CEO and chemist behind Optimum Polymer Technologies – formulated Opti-Lens Headlight Coating with the highest amount of UV inhibitors available in a coating. The result is a headlight-specific coating that ensures your vehicle’s headlights retain optimum clarity throughout the lifespan of the vehicle.

Optimum Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating

Optimum Opti-Glass Coating

Optimum Opti-Glass Coating is the long awaited glass and windshield coating from Optimum Polymer Technologies, one of the leading innovators in surface care protection products. Optimum Opti-Glass Coating is a resin-based glass coating that forms a durable layer of protection against environmental contaminants, leaving your windshield and exterior glass clean and protected.

Optimum Opti-Glass Coating forms a durable, cross-linking bond to glass and other silica-based surfaces, providing the utmost in chip, scratch and mar resistance. Optimum Opti-Glass Coating creates such an immense amount of surface tension on glass surfaces that water will simply bead up and roll off at speeds above 35 mph, rendering your windshield wipers virtually useless at highway speeds!

Optimum Opti-Glass Coating

Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate

Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate is a hyper-concentrated glass cleaner that contains an advanced polymer designed clean glass while adding repellency to rain, sleet, snow and airborne contaminants. Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate can be used as a stand-alone glass sealant or as a booster to Optimum Opti-Glass Coating. As with other surface care protection products manufactured by Optimum Polymer Technologies, Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate is incredibly easy to use!

Not all glass cleaners are created equal! Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate is proof. Through countless hours of research, development and testing Optimum Polymer Technologies, led by Dr. David Ghodoussi, created what is arguably the best glass cleaner money can buy! Not only does Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate remove built-up dirt and road grime, it imparts a hydrophobic polymer coating that causes water to bead up and roll off. Regular application of Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate will keep your vehicle’s exterior glass clean and clear.

Don’t let its small size fool you; Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate is hyper-concentrated. A single 2 oz. bottle makes a gallon of ready-to-use glass cleaner!

Optimum Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate

We're so excited to have Optimum's newest offerings in stock that we're including a free bonus with each one (pictured)!

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Optimum Coatings (Opti-Lens, Opti-Glass) In Stock!

I found the Optimum stuff in the store, but I couldn't find the Ferrari Now all we need is good sale, how about 15% off and free shipping over $125?

So the Opti-Glass isn't permanent and lasts up to a year...does using the C&P extend the life? Does Opti-Glass layer and does that extend the life (to more than a year)? If not, is it something that you would apply twice a year to keep the properties intact?

Has anyone tried Opti-Lens on any (new or old) plastic trim?

Ok...I'm going to look up that Ferrari now...

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    I found the Optimum stuff in the store, but I couldn't find the Ferrari Now all we need is good sale, how about 15% off and free shipping over $125?

So the Opti-Glass isn't permanent and lasts up to a year...does using the C&P extend the life? Does Opti-Glass layer and does that extend the life (to more than a year)? If not, is it something that you would apply twice a year to keep the properties intact?

Has anyone tried Opti-Lens on any (new or old) plastic trim?

Autogeek (see "Nick") is in need of a company car so I'll kindly write Max a note and put it in the suggestion box. He's a Benz guy so I'm not sure he'd go for the Ferrari LaFerrari...

Optimum Opti-Glass is NOT permanent. It will last up to a year. You can maintain its water sheeting properties by regularly using Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate.

You do NOT want to layer Opti-Glass. One coat is all you need.

I've only used Opti-Lens Permanent Headlight Coating on the headlights of my daily driver, a 2010 Mazda 3. So far it is holding up well.

Post Thanks / Like

So stoked for the Opti Lens

Ordering next Sale along with a few other Items

Post Thanks / Like

I've been waiting for the opti=lens for months now. Any idea how many applications the opti-glass and opti-lens are good for??

Post Thanks / Like

finally its out ! can some one enlighten me on the application ? i was wondering if the opti lens might be more beneficial to apply on a (epoxy resin) gel coated carbon fiber surface to avoid the yellowing effect due to the UV ray rather than opti coat..

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick@Autogeek View Post
    Optimum Opti-Glass is NOT permanent. It will last up to a year. You can maintain its water sheeting properties by regularly using Opti-Glass Clean & Protect Concentrate.

You do NOT want to layer Opti-Glass. One coat is all you need.
    Ok, so let's say you aren't buying the Opti-Glass C&P because you already have at least a couple of different glass treatments that you would never be able to use up if you bought the C&P (this is strictly hypothetical, I'm not talking about ME). What's the proper way to reapply O-G? Do you just go over the windshield again after 6-9 mos., or when you notice the hydrophobic properties diminishing? Or do you have to polish back down to the glass again?

Post Thanks / Like

Fantastic! Let's get 15% - 20% off going so we can coat some lens and glass.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfOC View Post
    Fantastic! Let's get 15% - 20% off going so we can coat some lens and glass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post

I believe in becoming who I am (Translation: You learn everyday.)
    <-Bubba

SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Opti lens im not so hyped up about....
    But i want opti glass!!!!!!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast