autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: detail doctor

Post Thanks / Like

Re: detail doctor

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolas4 View Post
    anything's possible man. i said the same thing about using the same stuff on trim, bumpers, tires, leather, and vinyl. but with all my trial and error experience, i've learned that it can be done, granted its not the best solution but one can get by for using one product on alot of different things. bottom line, i got my answer. nobody thinks well of the product. my next stop is youtube to see if there are any testimonials.
    That's a good point, however I think there is a flaw in that example. All those that you listed fall under one category: protectant.

Something that can clean oxidized headlights MUST be abrasive and yet to clean leather it MUST NOT be abrasive or it could damage the leather. How is that possible? It isn't.

Also, just so you know, don't believe all videos on youtube. Wipe New made false videos on their product on youtube lol
    Nova College of Dental Medicine Class of 2017
    Please check out my detailing YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

Post Thanks / Like

it must be that new cause i havent seen any testimonial videos yet. i guess everybody has their own opinion and i respect that. i mean the commercial said to put on once/yr and forget it. perhaps thats the protectant. i dont know, like i said its all trial and error for me. i just use whatever works whether it's popular or not. i know i still have alot to learn on top of what i already know but i still think its worth a shot just for the hell of it. i mean ya cant beat the price for 8oz. i mean wipe new is a smaller bottle and more expensive. that yea, is a crock and isnt going to last. but for the price of this stuff, i cant go wrong to at least try it just for haha's and say that i tried it and pass on the negative or positive feedback.

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

first , no I would not buy it and would not take it if it was free, honestly. second, 99% of the members on this site (as you probably already know) are so into the meguiars, pinnacle, wolfgang, menzerna, collinite, etc.... that they wont even listen to people, and down right laugh at people, who bring up other brand names. basically, for the most part, if its not sold on Autogeek, they think it belongs at walmart or worse. truly, the word GEEK often applies. that being said, I love you all!!!

and by the way......that "put it on once a year" part is the biggest scam ever. kind of like those orange bottles of "once a year wax".........yeah........not happening.

Post Thanks / Like

anything's possible man. i said the same thing about using the same stuff on trim, bumpers, tires, leather, and vinyl. but with all my trial and error experience, i've learned that it can be done, granted its not the best solution but one can get by for using one product on alot of different things. bottom line, i got my answer. nobody thinks well of the product. my next stop is youtube to see if there are any testimonials.
    Forum friend, if you do decide on said product, I humbly ask that you do a full review. It would be most appreciated. Include pics if possible. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
    That's a good point, however I think there is a flaw in that example. All those that you listed fall under one category: protectant.

Something that can clean oxidized headlights MUST be abrasive and yet to clean leather it MUST NOT be abrasive or it could damage the leather. How is that possible? It isn't.

Also, just so you know, don't believe all videos on youtube. Wipe New made false videos on their product on youtube lol
    Not true. Some do, some don't. Think paint cleaners that clean w/o abrasives. There are hdlt products in major retail automotive chains w/o abrasives...google it.
    VT
    Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    ....It's all I use these days....they are buffing when I'm relaxing...and still don't get the powder out of canines!

Post Thanks / Like

i saw it between 1-4pm today and it wasnt on hsn or qvc, it was on velocity (a car channel). and they broadcast mothers and meguires on the same channel which are 2 well known top brands used by pros.

Mothers and Meguiars are already household names, so you can't compare this product with those brands

Just like everything else that's advertised @ 3:48am, this stuff will disappear faster then a fart in a wind tunnel
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

Post Thanks / Like
    i saw it between 1-4pm today and it wasnt on hsn or qvc, it was on velocity (a car channel). and they broadcast mothers and meguires on the same channel which are 2 well known top brands used by pros.
    I saw that commercial too. Sounds like "wipe new" to me. If you purchase it just make sure your credit card doesn't get charged for stuff you didn't order or monthly for some BS reason. These
    infomercials are known for that.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by inyadreems View Post
    I saw that commercial too. Sounds like "wipe new" to me. If you purchase it just make sure your credit card doesn't get charged for stuff you didn't order or monthly for some BS reason. These
    infomercials are known for that.
    How dare you bad mouth the infomercial !!!

Regards,

Seperate shipping and handling...
    “Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times.”

In time out
    Post Thanks / Like

they will reload you for more every so often if you dont call and cancel. make this easy or you and us.........just dont buy it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas Transplant View Post
    Forum friend, if you do decide on said product, I humbly ask that you do a full review. It would be most appreciated. Include pics if possible. Thank you

i sure will. i am going to order it once i bounce back from all my xmas shopping. im not saying im going to use it on my baby, or a customer's, nor am i going to feature it on my detailing site, im just going to buy some random scrapyard parts, leave them outside in the back yard on my deck, and see how weathered they get and if they do really work and just document how they work, just like i do with all the products i still use. thanks for being kind about it and not rude like these other people.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by goodasnew View Post
    second, 99% of the members on this site (as you probably already know) are so into the meguiars, pinnacle, wolfgang, menzerna, collinite, etc.... that they wont even listen to people, and down right laugh at people, who bring up other brand names. basically, for the most part, if its not sold on Autogeek, they think it belongs at walmart or worse. truly, the word GEEK often applies.

people do not laugh or put down other people here. you havent even been here 1 month to to even know that yet. people who are here seek ways to get things done to keep their vehicles clean. i've used meguires, pinnacle and collinite and to be honest, i dont care for them and i'll be damned if im going to sit here at my computer and watch you and others put me down cause i like what i use which is cheaper and works just as good if not better for my application, in my opinion. what i posted was simply seeking product reviews and that goes for every product here including "walmart or worse." EVERYTHING gets reviewed here to make people more knowledgeable, it doesnt make them any less of a detailer just so long as a person uses whatever needed to get the job done. it doesn't mean its the best product but it still gets stuff done.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast