autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Carpro wool mitt

I got a couple of carpro wool mitts. I got one 4 weeks ago from a backorder. And then i got another one from Memorial weekend. They are great. However, the older one is way THICKER and heavier and fuller than the new one. It's almost twice as fluffy and full. I don't know what the problem w/ the new one but the quality is not there compare to the one i got 4 wks ago. A little disappointed w/ the QC at Carpro

Old one on the Right

Older one

New one

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Carpro wool mitt

yeah, like all wool mitts, none are the same. they are a natural product. I have 3 of them and there all different. same goes for ALL my sheepskin wash mitts. There is no quality control issue IMO. the bottom line is that they all work amazingly well. The reality is that some of the thinner ones work better IME. they release dirt better. There all a pleasure to use.

I'm not trying to imply that your opinion is not justified, but with natural products none of them will be identical. some are thinner than others. I understand what your saying is that Carpro could reject thinner ones, but in reality I think they work great regardless.

Post Thanks / Like

They both works great but i thought they should be at least similar. At least i learned something new. thanks for the feedback

Post Thanks / Like

These mitts look much like the Tribbles which appreared on one of the original Star Trek episodes called "The Trouble With Tribbles". lol
    Smoke Metallic '06 Altima

Post Thanks / Like

Those look amazing, how much do they cost?

Post Thanks / Like

I think they are around $20. I love the one I have. Mine looks like your 2nd one. Its not as fluffy but damn does it work great. NO swirls and picks up dirt like a beast. Kinda a pain to dry and prevent hair balls but no big deal. I would highly rec getting one for sure!

Post Thanks / Like
    I like the carpro mitt a lot better than the wookies mitt. the wookie while it's soft and holds a ton of water and suds and more bulky and it's just a little to heavy for my liking and it requires more care for it also . tough to comb out more than the carpro . I got another carpro mitt coming finally , they were on back order .

Post Thanks / Like
    I actually just received 2 carpro mitts the other day. One was like half the size (just like your experience). Maybe I got and old one and a new one... Got it from the Aussie distributor, so I assume this could happen as they probably move less volume than in the US.

Strange though...

Post Thanks / Like

It's still weird to me how the same product comes in such disparity. Maybe Carpro outsource to different countries...one from Viet Nam and another from China???

Regardless, i love these mitts. I have a Wookie coming soon and i'll do a comparision.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi
    the Wool sheep Merino are from same source from New Zealand and Australia farmers , for more then 3 years we work with same factory OEM made only for us. with high quality control , and i think it has been proven until now.
    Merino has stronger leather skin then old lamps skin , thats why they are more durable without loosing much hair.
    we cannot control the wool hair density since its natural product, not synthetic.

hope this help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast