autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

CarPro Cquartz Dlux - In Stock, Tested & Reviewed

Every single month I eagerly await the arrival of the latest issue of Car and Driver, which is by far my favorite automotive publication. It generally arrives at Autogeek on the 1st or the 2nd of every month. Sometimes I simply can't wait so I'll head up to the local book store towards the end of the month hoping that a careless employee didn't follow the embargo and accidentally put next month's issue out early. It's kind of exciting because when that happens, I get to read about the newest SL63 AMG or see spy shots of the 2014 Corvette before anyone else.

The same thing can be said for working at Autogeek and getting to test out the latest and greatest car care products before anyone else gets their hands on 'em. Sure, getting to test a new product before everyone else is neat, but what's even better is that I get to write about it. The key word is write, not brag. Don't get frustrated just yet, as I only show off products that are in stock so feel free to click "add to cart" after reading about the latest and greatest product from CarPro Innovative Nano Coats in this review.

CarPro Dlux Coating

Dlux, the newest car care product from CarPro, is a semi-permanent coating designed to restore, protect and enhance all exterior plastic and rubber surfaces. Plastic and rubber surfaces treated with Dlux will retain their factory appearance wash after wash. What the original Cquartz did for your vehicle's paint, Cquartz Dlux will do for your vehicle's exterior plastic and rubber surfaces.

This is what the front bumper plastic trim looks like on your typical daily driver. Dull, faded and lifeless. Cquartz Dlux will inject new life into this plastic trim in a couple simple steps.

In order for Cquartz Dlux to form a strong bond to the surface, it should be thoroughly cleaned first with a plastic-friendly all purpose cleaner or degreaser. I've found that Detailer's Cleanse-All Exterior Cleaner is ideal for use before applying trim restorers as it deeply cleans the surface. Spray on, let it sit for a minute, and wipe off using a microfiber towel.

What's included:

Cquartz Dlux includes a blue sponge applicator and four suede microfiber cloths. Simply wrap one of the supplied suede microfiber cloths around the blue sponge applicator and you're ready to apply Cquartz Dlux.

Cquartz Dlux is designed to be applied thin. To say a little bit goes a long way is an understatement.

Application is simple:

Wipe on desired surface in straight line motions, slightly overlapping each time. Reapply as needed.

50/50:

Cquartz Dlux restores a like-new factory appearance to exterior plastic and rubber surfaces. It's not greasy, it dries to the touch, and it has no sheen.

Finished:

Give your vehicle's exterior plastic and rubber trim a like-new, factory appearance with CarPro's latest innovation, Cquartz Dlux.

CQuartz DLux Coating

Post Thanks / Like

Re: CarPro Cquartz Dlux - In Stock, Tested & Reviewed

Interesting product. Excited to see how it stacks up against the new solution finish.

Corey.... possible comparison?!

2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Torch Red

Post Thanks / Like

Nice review Nick! If Autogeek bundles all the products used in this review a small sample of the DP Exterior Cleaner, a Microfiber Towel, and the CQuartz DLux Coating I will most likely pick one up. Lets just say my trim needs some love.
    Ryan 2006 Volvo S60 R

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I wonder how durability is. Regardless, I'm sure you made Jason happy.
    Shane
    2021 Honda Civic Hatchback EX Lunar Silver

Post Thanks / Like

Good Review Nick , Thanx.
    one thing though.. its possible to wipe on and leave on ruff surface plastic, but more flat plastic its better to wipe off after 5 min or so with MF.

it will last up to 1 year , its very durable resistance to any chemicals or cleaners.

Nick also forgot to mention its great to use on wheels as well, for easy to clean brake dust and high hydrophobicity.

very good water repellent.. see here :

and here you can see how it repel water :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auyOTvSxyz0]CARPRO DLUX PLASTIC STUFF - YouTube[/video]

Post Thanks / Like

Nice, I look forward to adding this my CQ test car...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks quite a transformation Nick! Looks like CarPro's got themselves another winner!

BobbyG - 2004 Millennium Yellow Z06 Corvette

Post Thanks / Like
    Really looking forward to trying this Avi! I have a 4 way test planned. Thanks for the intro and excellent writeup Nick! Looks like a replacement for 3 of the gtech products at a much better price. Can't wait to play this head to head with SF.
    :dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Avi@CarPro View Post
    Good Review Nick , Thanx.
    one thing though.. its possible to wipe on and leave on ruff surface plastic, but more flat plastic its better to wipe off after 5 min or so with MF.

it will last up to 1 year , its very durable resistance to any chemicals or cleaners.

Nick also forgot to mention its great to use on wheels as well, for easy to clean brake dust and high hydrophobicity.
    Lots of good information here Avi, thanks for chiming in!

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Hey Avi

If i have UTTG applied to my trims/plastics
    Will i be able to coat it with Dlux? Will it be able to bond?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast