autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Mothers California Gold Chrome Polish

A few weeks back, I was lucky enough to be one of the winners of the Mother’s new product giveaway and with the weather on my side was able to test out one of the products. Mothers California Gold Chrome Polish is an excellent polish.
    The product itself has a very refreshing and light smell and is dispensed with a medium density enough to stay on the microfiber towel without dripping. As the instructions say, shaking often will help to keep the product from becoming less dense as I noticed after a few times of use it became more liquid than polish. Spreading the polish was simple and quick and it dried to a haze quickly and removal just as simple and quick. I tested this product on an aluminum wheel, a chrome wheel cover and a mirror and in all three cases the product left a glimmering shine and a very smooth and bright surface.
    Like any/all polish’s the importance of keeping the product off the rubber or plastic surrounding the surface being polished is important as it does/will leave a white haze which takes a little more effort to remove. What I don’t like is the package itself, the shape of the bottle is very easy to handle and the cover closes tight, but dispensing the product tends to over pour due to the package itself. I also noticed that when placing the bottle down it would tend to backsplash and both waste product and create overspill on the bottle.
    Bottom line, I give Mothers California Gold Chrome Polish very high marks for its ease of use, and for leaving behind a very bright and smooth surface you can be proud of.
    Thanks AutoGeek for letting me test this out, and yes I would buy when this bottle runs out !

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mothers California Gold Chrome Polish

I happened to be on Mothers website this weekend and was surprised to learn they started out by making mag cleaner/polish. Their polish was so successful they went into other detailing products. I use their chrome polish on glass with good results. I'm a fan of Mothers products, they have yet to let me down.

Post Thanks / Like

interesting... i have the regular mother's mag and aluminum polish. it seems to work pretty good.

i have the stock chrome wheels on my 03 montana thunder edition (yes chrome, not polished) and i maintain them decent as far as washing goes but they need a good polish.

ill look into trying this new stuff...

Post Thanks / Like

Been waiting for a review of this polish. I've used the mag & alluminum for years with a mothers power ball.

Post Thanks / Like

How much is it?

Post Thanks / Like

less than ten bucks around here