autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Chemical Guys vs. Blackfire?

I noticed 2 new products Chemical guys and Blackfire. I use Malco products Auto Detailing Products | Auto Detailing Supplies | Malco Automotive Cleaning & Detailing Products which I loved for years and I want to try a new product. I am looking for what is the best out of these 2 companies. Who has a better wax? Wheel shiner? What else is a good product?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Chemical Guys vs. Blackfire?

Pepsi or Coke?

Both companies make a variety of products. In some cases a particular type of product by CG may be better than BF and, for other products, the reverse.

Also, CG may have a wider range of products, in general, than BF. I am not sure about that, though.

Post Thanks / Like

Well coming off of Malco products either one of those two would be fine lol. Malco isn't bad for a quick dealership detail. But other then that. Not so good.

Post Thanks / Like

On balance, Blackfire performs a little better, but CG is a better deal.
    If you want to avoid "hit and misses", then Blackfire is the brand.
    This coming from a CG fanatic.
    There is vast amounts of knowledge at your fingertips, use Google, Youtube, and the search button.

Post Thanks / Like

Malco makes some great detailing products, Complete to clean the dirt grime off of tires, rims works phenomenal. I have all of their products their imperial wax works very well.
    What do you feel is the best tire shine? One that doesn't sling all over the car. I tried the DP Gel and not impressed by it.
    So you feel Blackfire wax is good lasts long, great shine etc?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xxnonamexx View Post
    Malco makes some great detailing products, Complete to clean the dirt grime off of tires, rims works phenomenal. I have all of their products their imperial wax works very well.
    What do you feel is the best tire shine? One that doesn't sling all over the car. I tried the DP Gel and not impressed by it.
    So you feel Blackfire wax is good lasts long, great shine etc?
    I don't know what you consider phenomenal. Most of Malcos products just have a ton of fillers in them. Looks great for about 2-3 weeks then off they come. If u love them so much let me know I would love to get rid of the stuff I have of theirs.
    Blackfire n most chemical guys stuff is made to last. Never been upset with any of their products.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the imperial wax lasts months since I have been detailing cars the shine is great as well as glazed. I tried Zymol, some other of their waxes, and other local store waxes like turtle wax etc and just keep coming back to imperial nano wax. I use the plastic and leather cleaner that works well. The carpet cleaner stuff is so so but I mix outrageous orange with (I forgot the name) and together it makes the carpets cleaner then their carpet cleaning product. Tire Complete works great. The tire shine is fine the DP was better with slinging over the car.
    I see alot of brands and they all say similar things about performance. I read reviews but it gets aggravating lol. The blackfire seems like a nice product from the reviews and by their products I mean the wax.

Post Thanks / Like

Well OTC waxes are not so great. Buy some dodo juice or even the cheap collinite waxes and then let me know how you like Malco. I'm sure if your comparing the OTC stuff to Malco then your going to like Malco. But trust me once you actually get better things. Malco will be in the past. Blackbird tire gel is great btw.

Post Thanks / Like

OP, comparing apples to oranges really.

BFWD is a solid sealant lasting 6 months at least typically, their pure wax product has an outstanding clarity and gloss. Have a full line of chemicals, all quality stuff and pricey as such.

CG's higher end waxes compete really well against the above but the majority of their product line is less expensive and quite a few are really nice finds for the price.

To compare them to Malco will be difficult, Malco products are wholesale distributed, OTC or shop oriented. I've used Malco Imperial, decent wax especially for the price but it's got fillers so it looks great and then looks diminish quickly. I would compare Malco to more like Mothers or Megs OTC products (think #26 paste for example).

IMO depends on what you want it for, production quick details like a shop or a car wash Malco is a good bet, cheap keeps the cost down. Individual higher end details to a repeat customer better products equal better business returns but the cost and price goes up. Two different sides of the business and hard to stack up and compare them.

opie_7afe

imo if your doing this professionally you will have a bunch of different brands you use, i sure dont stick to one line as some brands have products others dont ect, so go with products that you think will work the best for you, i can tell you now you will get better results from quality products. for a wax id get some collinite 845, stuff is awesome, it lasts for a good long while, and looks great. for a tire dressing i love optimum opti-bond stuff is great, dont sling if applied correct, not a high gloss unless you want it, now one area dont cheap out on is trim dressings, trust me i tried and wasted my money and ended up with trim that you can see where water dripped, so id go with ultima tire and trim guard,solution finish, or wolfgang trim sealant. but i can tell you read alot of reviews on this site and you will find products that you know will work great and wont order some stuff that dont work so great or you wont use(wish i did this before my first order) now im stuck with stuff i wont use and have little used of...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast