autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orama
    But regardless of how often you want to wax, reseal or QD, don't you always want to be putting on the shinniest, slickest or glossiest product/technique possible? I certainly understand your comment, but I can't help to think that even 'just taking care of our own car' we'd want to do what gives us the best. Ever reaching. Even if we turn around in a few weeks and strip it off and try something else.
    I have a white car, and I honestly, don't think it can look any better. Its so slick, dust will no longer stick, so shinny I made a thread called "its a bluuur" and I use the best products available.

Check it out..

It's a BLUUUUR!

20 year olds rule!

"For each step-back, there is an equally or greater come-back..."

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...must-read.html

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...s-bluuuur.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by orama
    But regardless of how often you want to wax, reseal or QD, don't you always want to be putting on the shinniest, slickest or glossiest product/technique possible? I certainly understand your comment, but I can't help to think that even 'just taking care of our own car' we'd want to do what gives us the best. Ever reaching. Even if we turn around in a few weeks and strip it off and try something else.
    Depends for who, if it's a Professional working on a Customer's car, costs come into mind. Customers might not even care. It's what you expect and want in the end. Still find it ridiculous that Polycharger has such a short shelf life once mixed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Woob
    Depends for who, if it's a Professional working on a Customer's car, costs come into mind. Customers might not even care. It's what you expect and want in the end. Still find it ridiculous that Polycharger has such a short shelf life once mixed.
    In the case of using the H20 in AW, shelf life is not an issue.
    I'm going to try it on my Lex.
    2007 Lexus IS 350

Post Thanks / Like
    What do you mean by short shelf life, use it in AW, and the bottle is only good for a couple weeks???? That can't be right.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuke33
    Keep us posted!
    I would like to know how it come out!

Post Thanks / Like
    The H20 version of Polycharger does not affect the shelf life of the product it is added to. The solvent (CH2) based Polycharger is the one with the 48 hr. shelf life for the product it is added to....so you just mix what you are going to use in that time frame.

Polycharger is supposed (?) to accelerate cure times....so there is a potential benefit there for multiple sealant coats back to back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Waxmax
    The H20 version of Polycharger does not affect the shelf life of the product it is added to. The solvent (CH2) based Polycharger is the one with the 48 hr. shelf life for the product it is added to....so you just mix what you are going to use in that time frame.

Polycharger is supposed (?) to accelerate cure times....so there is a potential benefit there for multiple sealant coats back to back.

but also adding that the Ch2 version adds additional gloss, slickness, and durability. As for detailers, why would you use it, isnt the whole design to come back and make more money ?? This is for personal enjoyment and exploration.

Scott

Post Thanks / Like
    Detailers would charge more for the optional "booster" and probably not use it for customers they see often? It's another product to try I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well if you all do not mind, let me give you my thoughts and ideas. I live in the Northeast and our weather can be downright nasty in the winter. a lot of my customers are the average person who wants their car to look great.will they wash it correctly every week and use a qd , short answer no. how often can they afford to have their car detailed, 2-3 times a year for a bunch of them. with that being said this product will allow me to give these customers the better protection with only a minimal increase in price for their detail. would I like to have these people get their car detailed more often , yes. Also another thing to consider is extending the durability in a carnuba will allow me to use Souveran or another high quality carnuba on my rides more during the year without less chance of running my lsp running out of gas and leaving my paint without proper protection. I have polycharged a few carnubas and the results have been excellent. the rock salt on our roads has not gotten the better of the polycharged Souveran the great find was on the same carnuba without polycharger ,the rock salt adhered to a lot more when washed. so the polycharged wax decreased the chance of wash induced marring for me. there is a use for this product and for those of us it fits, I for one am thankful it is on the market. keep in mind that there are a ton of other uses for this, trim sealant, qd's and tire dressing are a few. hope this post makes people aware that there is a real upside to this product for some and it can be very versatile in many different products.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12