autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: CG's CitrusWash,There might be a NEW sheriff in town!

Quote Originally Posted by highgrade View Post
    It's not my intent to go off-topic but what is wrong with old school? I mean, if a product works, use it....right? Aside from increasing the cost to use a product like this new citris cleaner, what are the added benefits (where is the value added by using them)?
    I like new products but want to understand why I should be spending the money to try these products that "old school" products seem to do just fine.
    BTW, when I think of staple "old school" things, I relate to it like this.....there is the 80's one-hit wonder song and then there is the 80's classic that just won't die. Dawn, IMO, is like the 80's classic that just won't die.
    I Agree...you can pay anything you want for any product, but that does not make it the best or most cost effective. I personally use Dawn as well, after drying complete, i wipe down the vehicle with denatured alcohol (it is oiless and available at any paint or harware store)- between the 2 products, not only is the wax/sealer removed, 90%+ of environmental/industrial contaminents are removed as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lasthope05 View Post
    I never understood these types of products. Why not just spray an APC/degreaser on a panel before you wash it. That fully removes all lsp's and then you wouldnt need another "special" product to remove waxes. APC's and degreasers are safe to use on paint as long as it is not allowed to dry on the surface. I understand there is a market for everything and anything but wax stripping shampoos? I think its one of the best marketed products for stealing your money.
    I agree and now that I have some OPC coming in soon I'll be using that in the future. I've tried Griot's Paint Prep and it didn't put a dent in the Wolfgang DGS on my car, even after two passes. And the Griot's is not cost-effective at all. $16 for a bottle and it takes more than half a bottle to get results.

Post Thanks / Like

I know this is a little off topic. But I did a double wash with Dawn the other day, and water was still beading like I waxed the car yesterday? Any ideas, do perhaps need to use a stronger solution? I can't tell you the ratio I was at since I use the Griot,s bucket and just fill the soap cup in the bottom.
    Dave
    '00 Tropic Green SVT Contour \ #905 of 2150,
    '06 Grand Caravan SXT

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by D.Acker View Post
    I know this is a little off topic. But I did a double wash with Dawn the other day, and water was still beading like I waxed the car yesterday? Any ideas, do perhaps need to use a stronger solution? I can't tell you the ratio I was at since I use the Griot,s bucket and just fill the soap cup in the bottom.
    Denatured alcohol

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123