autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

A Close Look at the New High-Flow Fireman's Nozzle

Tool

(noun)

Anything used as a means of accomplishing a task or purpose.

Sometimes it's nice to not only have a tool that gives you the means necessary to complete a task, but to make the task more enjoyable for the user. A loud stereo or 24" wheels is not essential for transportation, but we do so because cars are our passion, and we like to make the experience of driving more enjoyable. We could all drive around in white sub-compact cars and forgo the air conditioning, stereo, aluminum wheels, and just utilize a car for what it is designed for - transportation. But very few of us do so.

You can often take something that you enjoy doing and make it more enjoyable by giving yourself more than just the basic tools to get the job done. Most define such a thing as a luxury. Every now and then you can give yourself a luxury and not feel bad about it, because it makes the hobby or task more enjoyable.

Yesterday I had some hands-on experience with the new Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle. We're always on the look out for the latest and greatest tools and accessories that make our hobby, and yours, more enjoyable. The hobby (also known as a passion for some) is car care!

The Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle is a cool tool to have in your car care arsenal. With 300% more flow than a standard hose nozzle, this tool allows you to make the most of your water pressure. The nozzle is not your typical flimsy plastic nozzle that most of us are accustomed to. It features a housing made of die-cast zinc with a metal shut-off handle. With the adjustable spray pattern and Gripguard insulated handle, it makes washing your car a breeze.

I wasn't simply going to sit here all day and look at the new nozzle, I wanted hands on experience. I'm all for a tool that not only does the job well, but exceptionally well, while making it more fun and enjoyable.

Pull the large metal shut off handle and you're instantly greeted with a strong jet of water. No need to worry about the nozzle slipping out of wet hands that are covered in your favorite shampoo, because with the Gripguard insulated handle, you can rest assure the nozzle won't be going anywhere.

Do you need a fine mist to rinse off your car or to water your plants? Not a worry, the Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle has a wide range of adjustment from a strong jet of water to a ultra fine mist.

Tools such as the Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle complete the task they're designed to, but also make that task fun, easier, and more enjoyable because of unique attributes that make them so desirable. So go ahead and spoil yourself every now and then and take something that you already enjoy doing, and make it better.

Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Close Look at the New High-Flow Fireman's Nozzle

i can't wait to try one out!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

i'll be buying one! =) i have the black one u guys carry(carried?) and it seems like u have to turn the head forever to changet the flow of water. this one looks nice!

Edit: i just looked and saw it is $30! what?! might be waiting on that one....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by A.P.A.D. View Post
    i'll be buying one! =) i have the black one u guys carry(carried?) and it seems like u have to turn the head forever to changet the flow of water. this one looks nice!

Edit: i just looked and saw it is $30! what?! might be waiting on that one....
    It looks just like the one my friend Heath bought and sold me (I believe a Nelson). Here is some stuff I posted awhile back showing the fireman nozzle I got from AG at the time and also the one I received from Heath. I'll give you the quick conclusion I have after all these months. I prefer the spray pattern flexibility of the old one that doesn't have a lever but I never use it anymore because of how easy it is to use the lever on my new nozzle. Keep in mind I don't know that my levered nozzle is the same as the one in this thread but it certainly looks the same.

The following info copied from a reply to a thread on L2D about water nozzles.
    I thought I'd go take a video to make sure I'm giving an honest assesment of the nozzle I use. I don't know if I ever tried to see how far this thing would force water before. I just know that when I hit the car with it it is very loud and has some kick. I can't imagine needing anything more. In any case I am buying one of Heaths nozzles and will do a side by side at some point after it arrives.

Anyway, here is what this nozzle does with the setup I have. If I had a straight through hose I'm not sure if that makes a difference or not. I mess around with it a little throughout the video aiming it completely straight and parallel with the ground, pointing it up a bit, and lowering and raising pressure a couple times. I think around the 1:33 mark i pull the camera back a bit so you can see its parallel.

And another reply soon after

Well just a few minutes ago (a couple hours after I shot that video) I happened to check my mail... What did I find? A new Nelson Fire hose Nozzle! So I just went and put together another video to see how it compares to the nozzle I videotaped in the post above.

First I screwed on a quick disconnect so I wont have to worry about screwing it next time. Forgive the fumbling around as I was trying to do it with one hand and hold the camera with the other. Here is a side by side picture and a flow video.

:dancebanana:

Sky's the Limit Car Care

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the video reviews Cee Dog!

$17.90 + free shipping on amazon? hmmm

Post Thanks / Like

I love this Fire Hose Nozzle I took one home last weekend when we first got them and I wont be returning it!! Somehow it makes washing the cars in this extreme Fla heat a little more fun!

Post Thanks / Like

This is very cool but first I have to find a hose that doesn't spring leaks every other weekend. The 50 foot hoses last longer only because I have more to cut and throw away. But when I do find that magical hose I would have like have one of these on the end. Neat product.

Post Thanks / Like

Better to buy expensive, high quality hose. That keeps its shape, doesn't kink so easily. (I wonder if you have Gardena in the US. German. )

Good write-up and pics, Nick!

Post Thanks / Like

Another nice feature worth adding is the Brass Connector Shut Off Valve along with the Brass Quick Connector Set. The shut off valve enables you to shut off the flow of water before it reaches the nozzle. This makes it convenient to unscrew the nozzle without having to turn the water off at the source. To really make it convenient, the quick connects enable you to change nozzles and other accessories without having to unscrew anything.

Brass Quick Connector Set

Brass Connector Shut Off Valve

Quick Connect attached to Shut Off Valve.

Male Quick Connect attached to Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle.

At a glance.

Nozzle, Quick Connector Set, and Shut Off Valve all connected.

What's nice about the Quick Connects is that you can twist the nozzle. It's not stuck in one stationary position.

Real simple to disconnect

Brass Quick Connector Set

Brass Connector Shut Off Valve

Industrial High Flow Fireman's Nozzle

Post Thanks / Like

I ended up taking one home last night to play around with some more. The wide range of adjustments along with the high-pressure makes blasting wheel cleaner out of nooks and crannies of wheels a breeze.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast