autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyspop
    Great review,I was going to order both schmitts anyway,but now I've changed my mind.Want to know why??????Have I peaked your interest yet??!!I was one of the contest winners
    Congratulations.. it feels good to win dosen't it

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    DOn't get me wrong, anybody, but in my own opinion I would use wheel shmitt only with soap and water. If you are going to use a wheel cleaner, then go ahead and use a brush.
    I totally agree with what you're saying. I wouldn't want to get some of the pretty harsh wheel cleaning chemicals on my hands on a regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    The Schmitt is getting good reviews all over..the wheel mitt was highly talked about..I haven't gone thru the entire thread,does anyone know how the schmitt wash mitt is working out with ONR waterless wash ?
    I've been hearing mixed answers to that question. Some people say it works and others say no. I plan on trying it out for myself soon (possibly today) and I can let you know how it goes.
    You like Nattys, I like Souveran, and Justin is DP MaxWax. And you know what, its alright !!
    -Killrwheels

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review,I was going to order both schmitts anyway,but now I've changed my mind.Want to know why??????Have I peaked your interest yet??!!I was one of the contest winners
    Congrats, sounds like you won a rally good product. Have you received yours yet? If you have and have used it I would like to hear some feed back. I live in Canada and will probably not get my order till Dec. 22 if lucky.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, congratulations!! I know you will love both Shmitts. I haven't touched my sheepskin wash mitts since I've had my shmitt. I even offered my sheepskins to my neighbor. I told him he could have them all since I don't use them anymore.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zet
    Many wheel cleaners are also very harsh on the skin, so you wouldn't wan't to get them on the hands. Meg's Wheel Brightener (and many others I'm sure) for instance contains Ammonium Bifluoride, which is some really nasty stuff

Edit: Nice review btw And I just read your review of the wash Shmitt, think I will have to try them out.
    From the January 2001 edition of Professional Carwashing & Detailing magazine - http://www.carwash.com/article.asp?IndexID=6631269

Ammonium bifluoride (ABF) is one of the most common, and dangerous, wheel cleaners used in automatic carwashes today. Its effectiveness removing brake dust and difficult contaminants from chrome wheels is undisputed, but some chemists say ABF presents an unjustifiable and potentially lethal risk to carwash operators and their employees.

But just how aware are carwash operators of the risks inherent to the use of ABF in carwash applications? Industry experts say that the dangers of ABF are clearly outlined on the chemical's Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), and many operators consciously ignore the obvious risks because ABF is cost effective and reliable.

However, some manufacturers and operators worry that ABF is being marketed as a safe alternative to highly-corrosive hydrofluoric acid (HF), even though the two chemicals pose nearly identical health risks. Experts say that some operators have been lead to believe that ABF is "up to 20 times safer" than HF and that this misinformation may be causing a time bomb at hundreds of carwashes.

Use the URL for more info on ABF

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess whos got the wheel ShMiTT too..........................ME

Just as brilliant as the other ShMiTT ive got, easy to use, sucks upp water well, cleans great and your hands and fingers dont get scratched all up while washing the rims/wheels.
    EVOIX

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123