autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Optimum Hyper Polish - 2003 Honda Civic LX

Optimum Hyper Polish - 2003 Honda Civic LX

Last Tuesday David Ghodoussi, President and CEO for Optimum Polymer Technologies came to Autogeek to make a video for our "New Products Showcase" feature here at our Show Car Garage Studio.

Optimum Hyper Polish Part 1

Optimum Hyper Polish Part 2

Visit Autogeek's YouTube Channel for more YouTube Videos

In this video we show using the new spray-on Optimum Hyper-Polish using both a Porter Cable 7424XP and a DeWalt 849 Rotary Buffer using a neglected 2003 Honda Civic LX as our demo car.

The Optimum Hyper Polish has a long play time, or buffing cycle, it uses both SMAT and DAT for cleaning and abrading ability and you can vary the aggressiveness of the cut by changing the aggressiveness or gentleness of your pad. For a more aggressive cut use a wool cutting pad on a rotary buffer or an aggressive foam pad on any eclectic polisher or for a finishing polish use a finishing pad on any eclectic polisher. Wipe-off is easy and the results are a clear glossy finish.
    SMAT = Super Micro Abrasive Technology
    DAT = Diminishing Abrasive Technology
    Here's a few shots from that video and then the following Thursday I finished buffing out the rest of the car for the owner, Kendra, who was kind enough to let us user her car in our video.

After and Before shots

Our special guest David Ghodoussi from Optimum Polymer Technologies

This is a shot from the end of the day on Tuesday with the car still position how it was filmed for the video. At this time only two sections had been polished on the passenger's side of the hood.

On Thursday, I took some "Before Shots" to show the oxidation, swirls and water spot etchings in the paint...

After washing and claying the car we moved it back into the studio to finish buffing the rest of the car.

There wasn't too much plastic trim to tape off but anything that could be covered or taped-off was to make clean-up faster and easier.

In the video we demonstrated using a Rotary Buffer with a white foam polishing pad which worked great but for the actual buff-out I chose an aggressive yellow 6" Kompressor Pad backed up by a Meguiars Solo Easy Buff W66 Rotary Backing Plate

This shot was taken after cutting the entire car using Optimum Hyper Polish.

Mike Phillips

Re: Optimum Hyper Polish - 2003 Honda Civic LX

Continued...

Even after washing and claying the paint you can see lots of embedded dirt being removed off and out of the paint as it builds up on the face of the Kompressor pad...

This is after cleaning the pad using the Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer with some DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator

Here's the results after cutting the finishing with Optimum Hyper-Polish

Next up I'm going to use a Porter Cable 7424XP with a 5.5" White Polishing Pad with Optimum Poli-Seal to seal the paint

It's kind of hard to see but there's a thin layer of the Optimum Poli-Seal over the entire car...

This is after wiping off the Optimum Poli-Seal...

Tires were all treated with Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel

Three products to restore a show car shine to a neglected 7 year-old clear coat finsih...

Here's a shot taken just this morning...

Products Used
    Optimum Hyper Polish Spray
    Optimum Poli-Seal
    Optimum Opti-Bond Tire Gel
    Porter Cable 7424XP
    Makita 9227C Variable Speed Rotary Buffer
    DeWalt 849 Variable Speed Rotary Buffer
    5.5" White Polishing Pad
    Yellow 6" Kompressor Pad
    DP Polishing Pad Rejuvenator
    Grit Guard Universal Pad Washer
    Meguiar's Solo Easy Buff W66 Rotary Backing Plate

Post Thanks / Like

I had the chance to try a pre-release version of this product that showed great potential. I can hardly wait to use the retail formula. Thanks to Dr. G for not being content with the market's current offerings, and continuing to set the pace with his car care products and innovations. Optimum products make my business more productive with less cleanup and less inventory.

Mike Phillips

Since the car belongs to a young lady that works here at Autogeek I took a few more shots of it before other cars parked in the parking lot blocking a side shot....

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like a great product. Was ther much splatter? I can't see the vid on my phone. Mike what product would you say this cuts and finishes like?

Post Thanks / Like

Car looks completely different, nice job Mike.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty neat product.

Being able to get an even coat of product across the entire face of the pad makes sense. Do you have to spray the pad quite often since it seems that there would not be a whole lot of product on the pad with just a couple spritz of product vs the amount of product that you would normally pour out of a bottle onto the pad?
    Brian

Post Thanks / Like

Wow. This will definitely be on my next order. While I have doubts about it being used for heavy swirls or scratches I think it would work fantastic on light to medium swirls and scratches. Great work mike!
    2009 Summit White Cobalt SS/TC SOLD
    2007 Black Cobalt LT - Daily Driver

Post Thanks / Like

Mike in the video you used Optimum Car Wax after you finished the hood....Would you use the OCW on the whole care after correcting the paint here in the hot Florida sun or would you feel more comfortable using a more conventional product to protect the finish?
    Darren

Post Thanks / Like

Looks really good.

Could you get this same effect applying these products by Hand?

Or was this acheived mostly because you used Machines?

I ask because, why would anybody buy all the other Liquids out there, if all you need are these 3 Opti Liquids to achieve this kind of look?

I'm looking forward to using my Kompressor Pads and my new aquired Pad Washer Bucket... after seeing this Thread.
    Dean
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

2003 GMC Sierra Denali
    Onyx Black/Pewter Leather
    w/AWD & QuadraSteer.

2008 Infiniti EX35 AWD
    Aspen Pearl/Black Leather
    w/AWD & Journey Pkg.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast