autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks EDGE for posting that review with the Rinseless Wash.
    I like the idea that the Schmitt cleans easier and that it's easier to get debris off it, than the regular wash mitts. I use a MF mitt and it's a pain cleaning it and picking out the leaf bits that get caught in the fibers. Since the Schmitt doesn't marr even with ONR, it's sold me on it.
    Thanks again.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    I've not tried the wheel schmitt, but yesterday I tried the Schmitt. I ordered it after Jason's review. Only one use so far and I hate to rush to a quick judgement, but dang, it rocks! I liked from the git-go (as we Texan's say) and look forward to using it on the next wash.

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys,
    Here is a post on detail city about the black wheel ShMiTT.

Today, 01:58 AM #52 (permalink) awd330 vbmenu_register("postmenu_202265", true);
    "Beep Beep"

http://www.detailcity.org/forums/ava...ine=1093723930

Re: My take on the Edge Shmitt prototype
    Well, I tried the black wheel ShMITT. As I mentioned earlier, this foam is much rougher and stiffer than the white or yellow foam. Both sides of the wheel ShMITT are made of the same flat black foam. The convoluted wave pattern present on the white/yellow model is not found on the black/black version. Maybe Aaron can explain the reasoning behind the design difference.

I used it on a set of raised white letter tires and allow wheels. The ShMITT's texture did a nice job of cleaning the lettering on my well maintained tires. Really neglected lettering or whitewalls may require something stronger (we'll have to wait for someone else to do that test since my tires don't get that dirty.) As Aaron surmised, the coarse foam became less stiff after being saturated with water. This allowed the foam to squeeze into crevices, though I did have to remove it from my hand and fold it to get into the smallest spaces. For really intricate wheel patterns, you will most likely have to stick with an assortment of brushes. I was able to use the ShMITT to clean everywhere except deep inside the wheel and around the lugnuts. That's better than I expected.

Overall, the black wheel ShMITT performed admirably. However, I still believe that the softer yellow foam model (marketed for interiors) may be better for users of wheel sealants. There is little caked on brake dust to remove and the rough texture of the black foam may wind up compromising the durability of sealants. I noticed that Auto Geek has the white/white and yellow/white ShMITTs up on their site now, so I will place an order this week for those models and then report back.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123