autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't ordered one yet, but probably will by Christmas. I this that you will like it, as long as you don't use any harsh wheel cleaner on your wheels.
    DP will be an excellent wheel cleaner for this type of work.
    2008 Acura MDX Sport white pearl (daily driver)
    2009 BMW E70 X5 4.8i jet black (garage queen)
    2013 BMW F25 X3 2.8 jet black (wife's car)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joe.p
    YOU MEAN PROVIDEDTHE MOST REVIEWS ON THESE PRODUCTS.............
    I gotcha

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my ShMitt this week. I'm trying it out for the first time tomorrow.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the wheel shmitt as well, but as you all know I am not a professional detailer, I just do some jobs on the side. As my car is kept clean, I am still looking for a worthy candidate to try the wheel shmitt out on. I can say for the washing shmitt it is awesome, and I'm sure the wheel one will be the same. I have a few more details lined up, but just when I work on them is yet to be determined. At any rate, I'm sure I'll be using the wheel shmitt on at least one of them if not all. And of course I will give a full review as soon as I am able.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Djmigs
    to bad those schmitts dont work to well with ONR
    What do you mean? What happened?
    I was planning on getting a Schmitt, and I use DP 4-in-1 to wash. We're not allowed to use hoses, where I'm living. If it doesn't work well with Rinseless washes, then I'd need to rethink about purchasing.
    Alban B-)
    2008 Ford F250 XLT 6.4L PSD, 4X4, SC, SB, Bedrug bedliner, Torza Trifold Tonneau cover, SS step bars / Dark Shadow Gray Metallic
    2006 Nissan Sentra 1.8S / Inferno

Post Thanks / Like
    Man.......you guys kill me.
    LOL!
    I did a Black ShMitt photoshoot yesterday and will be putting it together for Monday. I loved it and recommend it.
    You'll see!
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by XterraOverload
    Oh yea I totally agree with ya Joe I really look forward to Justins reviews.........If anyone deserves it, it Justin.....I was just trying to be funny.
    I guess I failed!
    I took it as being funny!

You wanna know the definition of luck?
    When preperation meets opportunity.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by supercharged
    I haven't ordered one yet, but probably will by Christmas. I this that you will like it, as long as you don't use any harsh wheel cleaner on your wheels.
    DP will be an excellent wheel cleaner for this type of work.
    Me too! Christmas

Post Thanks / Like
    Guys, I think that the ShMiTTs should work well for all washing applications. One person so far thought that the ShMiTT did not glide along the surface as easily as a cotton mitt but they also said it worked fine, cleaned fine, and actually rinsed out better than the mitt because they did not have to machine wash the ShMiTT to get all the dirt out of it. They also made a point of saying that there was no marring at all caused by using the ShMiTT with the rinseless washes, just that it seemed to not slide as effortlessly as the cotton mitt did. I think that more people should use it for that application before it is said it does not work with rinselss washes.

here is what that person wrote:

Regarding the rinseless washes, the ShMiTT does not seem to work quite as well as cotton chenille. I prepared two buckets of Optimum No Rinse solution (I used the Optimum product instead of Protect All’s QEW because I find NR to be the slicker of the two). One bucket was used for rinsing out mitts, while the other was considered the fresh wash bucket. I washed half a moderately dirty car with a ShMiTT and the other half with a cotton chenille mitt.

Both mitts shared the same two buckets of solution. While nothing bad happened with either mitt, I didn't like how grabby the ShMiTT felt while moving across the paint. It also left a lot more wash solution behind on the finish, making the drying process more difficult (takes a longer time with more towels needed). [In this photo, the passenger side of the vehicle was washed using the ShMiTT.]

Since the moderately dirty car did not have a fresh coat of wax, I repeated this test on the trunk lid of a freshly waxed car and observed the same results. So, my initial observation is that a ShMiTT can be used with rinseless washes, but it doesn’t appear to be as user friendly as cotton chenille. It did, however, come completely clean just from rinsing in warm tap water. The chenille mitt required a machine washing.

My overall opinion thus far is that the ShMiTT is a fine wash tool for people who really take good care of their cars. Since I happen to fall into that camp, I plan to continue using the ShMiTT as my primary washing tool. However, I will switch back to cotton chenille during the winter months for rinseless washing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Once again, those pics show no scratching and no marring.
    Formerly "justin30513"

www.clean4udetailing.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast