autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its amazing, because this is not even one of our selling points that we discovered when creating the product!! It seems that people that are using the ShMiTT are actually discovering more benefits than even the Manufacturer knew about!! We are very excited about this new product and really think it will change the way you wash you car, boat, truck, and many other items for the better!

Thanks for all the support!

Aaron Krause (President & CEO)
    777 Henderson Blvd.
    Suites # 1 & 2
    Folcroft, PA 19032
    ---------------------------------------
    ( Phone: (610) 583-4883
    2 Fax: (610) 583-4885
    * Email: aaron@dedicationtodetail.com
    www.edgepads.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Jen,

If you are using a foam gun how is the Schmitt holding soap from the bucket to the car? Are you using a soap bucket and a foam gun?

"Dogs in cars again. Going away. Going away fast" - P.D. Eastman, Go, Dog. Go!

Post Thanks / Like
    The lack of nap is the biggest drawback of a mf mitt or sponge. Everyone prefers the nap on chenille or sheepskin for its ability to lift the grit and hold it away from the paint surface.

Since the mitt is foam and therefore has no nap...how do you prevent it from dragging grit across the paint?

Post Thanks / Like
    Reddwarf, I always use a wash bucket and the foam gun even with sheepskins. I get the mitt all wet and soapy in the wash bucket and then spray the foam gun while washing for extra soap and lubricity, but with the Shmitt, there was plenty of soap and water in the mitt.

Emaxxman, I am not sure how it works, but the it doesn't scratch. Believe me I scrutinized the surface looking for scratches and couldn't find them. It somehow traps the dirt without dragging it across the paint.

Post Thanks / Like
    This Mitt is made from very very soft polyester urethane foam. It's the waffle texture that allows the dirt to get knocked off by the tips and then move into the channels where it can drain out of the mitt. The foam is the softest type of foam known and will never scratch a surface. In fact it is made from our highest quality ultra fine high speed finishing foam that is made to last at 2000+ RPMs on a buffer. By hand not only will it not scratch, but it will outlast any hairy wash mitt which will leave tufts of hair ripped out on the wipers and lettering. Our Foam ShMiTT is also always cushioning and does not impart direct pressure on the paint the way the hairy mitts do once they become wet and the hairs all lay down. You also will love to put your hand into this Mitt because it does not feel like a wet moldy bag on your hand. The ShMiTT fits a hand like a glove and gives you total control to wash every crack and corner since it has an Edge all the way around. I think many of the nay sayers will be surprised to hear the reviews as they come in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my scmitt mitts today, hopefully the rain will stop by tomorrow so I can try it out. If not I have to wait until next week because of all this stupid overtime I'm working.

Post Thanks / Like

Just to weigh in with my own "ShMitt" experience . . .

. . . I received a white/yellow Edge ShMitt this week from a friend & finally got to give it a test run today. Started about 9:30 this morning, temperature was about 75 degrees & I used two buckets & my Foam Gun filled with DP's Extreme Foam shampoo.

My CR-V was not overly dirty, but it had been through a few rain showers & some blowing dust. A quick rinse with clear water dislodged most of the dirt, then I hit it with the foam. Once it was covered with suds, I put the gun down, donned the ShMitt & the fun began . . . the ShMitt seemed to "increase" the suds & it was very effective at lifting any dirt that remained after the initial rinse & foaming.

Then it got interesting . . . when I started rinsing, the suds seemed to "stick" to the paint in the same pattern as I had swiped with the ShMitt - at a quick glance, it looked like I'd inflicted some really horrid scratches on my paint & I was not a happy gal!! But as I continued to rinse, the "scratches" turned out to just be suds that were more resistant to the water stream.

Has anybody else noticed this phenomenon? Or have any explanations??

When I was done, the ShMitt was easy to rinse out & is now inverted over my Mother's QD bottle drying.
    Old enough to know better,
    But still too young to care!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Next order I'll have some Shmitts included , especially on our suv's doesn't matter if I use sheepskin or chenille, their always tearing or catching on stuff like my V8 emblems. And both always seem to leave some hairs afterwards.
    The real WyStang:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NorahCRV
    . . . Then it got interesting . . . when I started rinsing, the suds seemed to "stick" to the paint in the same pattern as I had swiped with the ShMitt - at a quick glance, it looked like I'd inflicted some really horrid scratches on my paint & I was not a happy gal!! But as I continued to rinse, the "scratches" turned out to just be suds that were more resistant to the water stream.
    I have had this "sticking" effect also, but was using my sheepskin mit, I was also using DP soap. I was wondering if maybe there was too much soap, but I think I'm pretty close to using only 2 ounces.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the DP soap too, but I haven't experienced any soap sticking phenomenon with the shmitt. I wonder if humidity plays a factor??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12