autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have been doing side by side testing for many months in the ShMiTT developement. One of our tests was actually polishing a black car to a mirror finish, then taping off the hood down the middle. We consecutively washed each side with the ShMiTT and with competeing wool and synthetic style wash mitts. After about 5 washes, the side using the fiber or wool style mitts already showed spider webbing swirls and had dulled the finish, while the ShMiTT side was basically perfect. We have also picked up about 100 wool style wash mitts from local and nationwide professional detail shops to see what they look like and how they wear. We found dirt, pebbles, sand, sticks, metal, leaves, and even bugs trapped in the mitts and most of them had already pilled and twisted together in what we now are calling dreadlocking. We make our heaviest cutting wool pads out of twisted wool and synthetic fibers because by twisting them we make a rough suface like a knot. Essentially when washing a car with these wool style mitts you are doing a process call Felting which winds fibers together into an entagled mess. This is of course a much rougher surface than you started with. The ShMiTT foam never changes texture even after 100 washes and with many tears, cuts, and rips, the foam is still the same soft cushioning foam that it started as, and since it rinses clean there is no doubt in our minds that it is the safest most effective mitt for washing out there now!

Post Thanks / Like
    I am using the Shmitt on this detail that I'm working on. I am doing a black VW bug and so far I have washed it 4 times with the shmitt. The mitt fits snuggly on the hand and it doesn't slip. I like the bug scrubber side because I had to use it several times while washing this car and it was so easy to just flip the mitt over while it was on my hand, use the scrubber, and flip it back and keep on going. I like how it soaks up the water and soap and yet doesn't drip all over while you carry the mitt to the vehicle. When you start washing, all the soap and water are there on the surface not on the ground. I usually go through 2 buckets of wash water even with using the foam gun when I use my sheepskins. When using the shmitt, I used one bucket only and still had about half of the wash water left after washing the car. This really surprised me because there was so much soap and water on the surface while washing the car. None of it was wasted on the ground carrying the mitt from the wash bucket to the car. I never knew I was wasting that much water with the sheepskins. That is important to me because good car wash soap is not cheap and the though of all that product wasted on the ground makes me never want to use a sheepskin again. I will be doing a full review on this mitt once I finish this detail. The car is a swirl monster right now so I want to wait until after I've finished polishing to be sure that the shmitt doesn't scratch, but I can tell you that so far, I am loving it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Jen...

A more "full review" than that? I think you did enough!! Im sold. Just want to get the gallon S&W in stock to order with the current 15% off email.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshigh73
    Jen...

A more "full review" than that? I think you did enough!! Im sold. Just want to get the gallon S&W in stock to order with the current 15% off email.
    LOL when I say a more full review I mean that I am reserving my final judgement on the shmitt until I have removed the swirls from the car and wash it again. If the shmitt doesn't add any swirls then I think I will throw all of my sheepskins away.

Post Thanks / Like
    keep us posted florida native, every lil thing helps with black.
    Detailed Reflections

Post Thanks / Like
    Will do! I've been working on this car for 4 days straight and I'm still not done! It has been a detailing nightmare! lol Once I get it all done I'll wash again and really scrutinize for new swirls. I'll let you know my results in a full review once I finish this detail (if it EVER ends that is!! )

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    We have been doing side by side testing for many months in the ShMiTT developement. One of our tests was actually polishing a black car to a mirror finish, then taping off the hood down the middle. We consecutively washed each side with the ShMiTT and with competeing wool and synthetic style wash mitts. After about 5 washes, the side using the fiber or wool style mitts already showed spider webbing swirls and had dulled the finish, while the ShMiTT side was basically perfect. We have also picked up about 100 wool style wash mitts from local and nationwide professional detail shops to see what they look like and how they wear. We found dirt, pebbles, sand, sticks, metal, leaves, and even bugs trapped in the mitts and most of them had already pilled and twisted together in what we now are calling dreadlocking. We make our heaviest cutting wool pads out of twisted wool and synthetic fibers because by twisting them we make a rough suface like a knot. Essentially when washing a car with these wool style mitts you are doing a process call Felting which winds fibers together into an entagled mess. This is of course a much rougher surface than you started with. The ShMiTT foam never changes texture even after 100 washes and with many tears, cuts, and rips, the foam is still the same soft cushioning foam that it started as, and since it rinses clean there is no doubt in our minds that it is the safest most effective mitt for washing out there now!
    Thanks so much for your responses, you have really helped figure out this wash mitt situation. I guess I gonna get some shmitts and give them a try. Once again thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Edge
    Well, I am 6"2' with size 12.5 Shoe and can easily palm a basketball. ( calm down ladies) and the ShMiTT was made to fit my hand easily! Basically it is one size fits all except for Sasquatch.
    Ok Edge, and the rest of yal! Yal talk me into it! On my list for my next order.

By the way, I'm 6'2", 12 shoe, was 280lbs down to 240lbs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aceshigh73
    Jen...

Took the words right out of my mouth, I am waiting on the EXACT same thing!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaNative
    LOL when I say a more full review I mean that I am reserving my final judgement on the shmitt until I have removed the swirls from the car and wash it again. If the shmitt doesn't add any swirls then I think I will throw all of my sheepskins away.
    Dont throw them away! They are great for wheels or wheel wells, as well as the back side of rims! Hell send them to me if you are going to throw them away!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast