autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Product Review- Meg's Quick Interior Detailer Wipes

So a few weeks ago i got in on the free product offer that meguiar's had. basically give your address and they'll ship you one of the new for 2006 products that they have for free. I chose the QID wipes.

Now before I start off, know that there will be a little bit of bias in this review. Reason- I LOVE meg's QID spray. it has just enough cleaning ability to freshen up an interior, has very little smell to it, and leaves behind little to no extra shine.

The QID wipes are alot like the spray version. very little scent, and light cleaning ability. It easily tackled my cupholder that had a coke mishap a while back. The cleaners were not strong enough to handle shoe scuffs on the door panel though. At first I thought that the wipe was not moist enough to do all the dash. I was pleasantly surprised later when i was able to do the dash, center console, shifter/cupholder area, and both front door panels. One wipe really does it all. with 25 wipes per container, one container will last quite a while. after being wiped down, the steering wheel did feel kinda slick for a bit. after handling the wheel for a while (aka driving for 5 minutes or so) this slickness was gone.

I recommend this product to anyone that wants something to add their their in-car emergency kit. by switching from the spray version to the wipes in my emergency kit, i not only switched to a small container, but i could also remove one of the towels seeing as the wipe combined both product and towel into one. It's a great buy, you wont be disappointed.

Post Thanks / Like
    I took advantage of the same deal and got the same wipes. Considering Megs Quik Interior Detailer is all I need to keep the interior clean. (mostly wiping off dust on dash, and chrome handles in wifes CTS) The wipes are a nice addition, but based on past experience with wipes, I suspect they might dry out prior to using the last one. I hope I am wrong ..

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you experience any streaking? I got the same deal and when I tried them
    they streaked the dash. I tried a second one to rule out dirt or a mix of the
    NXT tech protect that had been used a week prior. I still got streaks. I
    then tried the DP Interior Protectant I had received from Autogeek the same
    day. No streaks!. I will try the Meguiars Quik Interior Wipes on my mothers
    car next week when I am off work for a week. It's been a couple months since last detail. There should not be any other protectant to mix and streak the finish. I will reply with the results. I am a big fan of Meguiars products for
    years and still use a some.

Post Thanks / Like
    i didnt have any streaking, even on the chrome door handles. I had a layer of 303 added to all the pieces about 3 weeks ago.

Post Thanks / Like
    no streaking here either ... but I dont dress the dash/doors with anything. I like clean and clear , and in the past used nothing more than a damp towel with a spritz of APC if really needed. In Florida, even a matte shine can amplify the morning/evening sun to a point where its unbearable. I really like the scent also, doesnt linger long, but smells clean, and I like clean.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also got the free gift from Meguiars and I think there great. Ive used the qid in the spray before and I though that it was also great. I had no trouble with streaking and I like the finish it leaves. (original)

Super Member Driven Auto Detail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't have any experience with the wipes, but I've been using the Meguiar's QID spray for about a year now. I have to say that I LOVE the stuff. I'm like you killer, I like things CLEAN. I hate products that leave the greasy film. I really like the smell of it too. I just wish it would stick around a little longer. The fact that you can use this stuff on electronics & glass without any negatives affects really puts it at the top.

I am hooked on this stuff for sure!
    Mike Shumaker | Driven Auto Detail
    Authorized Opti-Coat Pro Installer

Serving Central Indiana & Beyond!

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Wipes

I have the Griot's Interior Cleaner wipes and IMHO they are terrific also. But both companies make excellent products. Mcguiers is also not as pricey as Griot's. I'll have to try the Mcguier's wipes. I use there clearner/wax on my 99 Mercedes C280 and I love that combo product, it really cleans and leaves a great shine on the finish.
    [BenzmeisterB][/B]
    1999 Mercedes Benz C280 DTM
    1979 Mercedes Benz 450SLC