autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

New Wolfgang 3.0 Twins Review

The lovely Meghan sent me out the Wolfgang 3.0 Total Swirl Remover and Finishing Glaze to test and review. Thank you Meghan.

Quick background; have an '07 Audi with silver metallic paint. Very hard clearcoat. Have tried OP but didn't cut through the swirls or light scratches enough at least with a PC. Was tempted with 106ff but wasn't sure about the dusting. The Wolfgang (made by Menzerna) professed less dusting so figured it was worth the try. The paint was in pretty good shape but wanted to make it the best it could be (with a PC).

Really tried to submit pics but my camera (Kodak 8.1 meg) didn't cut the mustard (I'm sure pilot error) or do the it justice. Will try to paint the pictures in words (I know, sorry)

Process:

ONR
    Clay with Pinnacle Ultra Poly
    DG 501 AIO
    Wolfgang 3.0 TSR with orange LC 4" pad
    Wolfgang 3.0 Glaze with white LC 5.5
    UPGP 2x
    DWG 2x
    UPGP 1X

Findings:

Wolfgang TSR is somewhat thick and white. No telling scent. Put beads directly on paint, spread on 3 speed and polished at 5 or 6. Nice working time but less than OP (which is a good thing). Was pleasantly surprised that it didn't take all day to use a PC. Took out all swirls and nearly all scratches on first pass (2x removed stubborn scratches). Hardly any dusting at all

Wolfgang Finishing Glaze: Grape colored. A little thinner in consistency. Spread on 3 speed, polished on 4.5 as directed. Did dust up some (can't compare to 106ff as I've never used it) so mixed a little OP to add workability and diminish dust. Worked like a charm. Ramped up the gloss and jeweled the paint nicely. The flakes practically jump off the paint.

I'm sure a rotary would work well with the twins but was very happy how the combo paired with the PC. They are most worthy to try and I like the 16oz bottles as I'll only polish my daily driver and family rides.

Topped with UPGP 2x, DWG 2X, UGPG 1x. Excellent and rewarding final process to the twins. The final outcome was amazing. The silver metallic looks like extremely wet especially for this color. I've used this process in the with good results but the prep work with the Wolfgang Twins really made a huge difference.

Final testimonial: Was at the gas station checking out the finish under the harsh station lights. Thankfully, no disappointing results at all! Went inside to get a drink. Upon return, saw an Audi R8 owner staring at my car. Asked who detailed it and if he could get the number. Said I did it and he asked how much. I thanked him while acting like a proud papa but said I only had time to do my own. Told him the question made my day.
    Last edited by ricka; 05-26-2008 at 01:28 PM.
    Never lie if your memory stinks...

Post Thanks / Like

Re: New Wolfgang 3.0 Twins Review

Looks good, I bet your were proud at the gas station!

Post Thanks / Like

I just received the Wolfgang TSR in the mail yesterday and I immediately tested it out on the hood of my car. I used it with the CCS orange pad and the UDM. The solution is thicker than the menzerna IP I'm use to. Spread the polish with speed 3 and then started working it on speed 6. I would say my car had some light swirls and it was all removed on the first pass. I worked the polish for about 2 and half minute and all the swirls were gone. Using the the Menzerna IP, I had to go through at least 2 passes to get all the swirls out. I would definitely say that this product is amazing and I highly recommend it.

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures. I will probably finish up the side panels of my car this weekend and post some results.

Post Thanks / Like

Would you say this is more aggressive than IP or SIP? The reason I ask is because the cars I've been doing have been fairly swirled and normally have to completely break down the IP/SIP to only remove the majority of the swirls, but there are normally still some visible. I'm wondering if this would be easier to work with and be less finicky than IP/SIP can be?
    2003 Lancer Evolution VIII
    Buschur TBE, Apex'i intake, Hallman Pro RX MBC, Evo 9 and Forge DV's, Swift Sport Machs, FP Green, ETS 3.5 FMIC and piping, Megan coated mani, Megan O2 housing,injectors, Walbro 255, HKS 272's, ARP headstuds, and Cosworth headgasket

381 AWHP, 91 octane and 25psi

272 AWHP (DynoDynamics, 312AWHP DynoJet) 93 oct
    252 AWHP (DynoDynamics, 292AWHP Dynojet) 91 oct
    ^^^Old numbers

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone know if the wolfgang swirl remover will help remove holograms?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pzero7 View Post
    Does anyone know if the wolfgang swirl remover will help remove holograms?
    Yes it will. This med polish can be used with any pad of choice. you can start out with a Orange LC pad, than move down to a White LC pad all with the same TSR product. It will finish off pretty good even without a finishing polish.

Post Thanks / Like

great products and finish down so nicely too.

Scott

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I am completely impressed with the article I have just read.Great article! I look forward to reading more upcoming blog posts from you.
    This is a perfect example of what you can achieve with time, proper planning and great taste!Good Products!!

Post Thanks / Like

what is OP? And what did you use the DG501 for?
    Doug
    2008 Audi A6 S-line

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the interesting information. I really enjoyed reading your blog and I look forward to read your next post. It is always fun to find great blogs. Best Regards!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast