autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2021/2022 New Products

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    The thing that stuck out to me most was some of the CarPro options such as Spotless, at least in regards to new products. But the thing that really stuck out to me, especially seeing Gyeon come out with their coating reformulations and of course all of the graphene hype, is that CarPro didn’t mess with their coatings. I know they released SiC last year but that is pretty much saying they are happy with UK 3.0 or at least content with the current sales. Or they’re still working on the next version. So it may just be saying they haven’t got the next version out but based on the market, I’d say CarPro is in a pretty good spot with respect to their current coating lineup.
    UK is fairly new compared to the gyeon products so make sense with no change. Also probably one of the best aelling consumer coatings.

Lastly 3.0 is an awesome product. Might bechard to improve on without stepping on their pro applied coatings toes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Azure View Post
    I definitely planning on trying out the Griots ceramic glass cleaner.
    Agreed, this one seems a little intriguing.

I regularly use PA Diver on my windshields instead of a dedicated glass coating. It’s just easy to do and imho gets me the same results if I do it once every 4-6 weeks or so. The downside is it’s expensive, but you also don’t need much.

If the new Griots is similar it could be a much better value.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

4. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    I don’t forsee the Adam’s holding up a year. But if looked as a good true 6-9month LsP (read: not coating) with good water behavior i think it’s a great product.

Got back from Adam’s it has a 5 year shelf life.

Good value for the money.

It’s when it gets compared to CanCoat, Moonlight and CP lite that it becomes a not so good product.

Marketed right this would be a big win for them.

I have a great marketing idea...put some graphene in a body wash. And boom ill shed water like a duck and now only have to shower once a week! Lol

But seriously i have not tried any graphene product as im not sure its any more than a marketing scheme. That word is being beat down so much just as ceramic did. I say enough already lol. All it does is make it harder for me to weed out the half assed products with the true good ones

6. Likes Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

haven't heard it talked about much here (came out a few months ago IIRC), worth a mention.. an addition to the 3D ACA (500/520) Line...

Cuts the hardest clearcoats fast!

3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound is specifically formulated to cut hard clearcoats fast. The unique, proprietary ceramic abrasive technology keeps surface temperatures lower than conventional compounds. 3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound also cuts all other types of paints, coatings, and materials fast.

When it comes to compounds you want a product that cuts fast, cuts cool, is low to no swirl, has zero dusting, long buffing cycle without drying out and most important – easy wipe-off. You get all of these features with 3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound.

3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound is the best compound on the market today due to the proprietary abrasive technology created and solely owned and controlled by Tunch Goren, head chemist and owner of 3DProducts.com

This rubbing compound was specifically formulated to quickly cut sanding marks out of hard clearcoats and other hard paints, coatings, and materials. It uses the costliest powder out of all the 3D manufactured powders as well as the best ingredients for the formulation.

In simple words, the term powder means the actual abrasive technology. The term formulation means the total product, this includes the abrasive technology PLUS all the other ingredients that result in the liquid product in the bottle. The liquid portion of the formula include 100% VOC compliant and biodegradable solvents, emulsifiers, wetting agents and other carrying agents, (secret stuff).

3D on the outside of the bottle means you can trust the product on the inside of the bottle.

What is it? - A body shop safe, silicone-free, water based premium quality fast cutting, aggressive rubbing compound for use on automotive paints in body shops environments. Can be used with any rotary or orbital polisher. Can also be used with both wool and foam pads.

What does it do? - 3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound is formulated and intended for use in body shops to remove sanding marks after wetsanding. It can also be used by detailers for paint correction including removing deep scratches, water spots, swirls, and oxidation. 3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound levels automotive paint surfaces to create a more perfect finish

When do you use it? - After wetsanding paint to remove the sanding marks or anytime you need to perform paint correction to remove serious and/or deep swirls, scratches, water spots or oxidation and prep the paint for the polishing step.

Why use 3D ACA 510 over other options? - The most important factor when doing any type of paint polishing is to reach your appearance goal while preserving as much paint as possible. To do this you need the best abrasive technology available on planet Earth.

The abrasive technology used in 3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound is unique to 3D; no other company has this abrasive technology. It was developed by Tunch Goren after 25 years of creating formulations for the car detailing world. His goal was to create the fastest cutting and best finishing compound in the world. A product that outperforms any competing product with results that are nothing short of exceptional.

This compound was developed to cut hard clearcoats fast! Guess what? It will also cut medium and soft paints fast too! And because the abrasives are precision engineered – the cut is clean with no scouring, hazing, or dulling like caveman compounds.

Paint correction and specifically the compounding step tends to take the most time out of all the various paint correction step. With 3D ACA 510 Premium Rubbing Compound, you have a compound that cuts fast and finishes out exceptionally well. Your choice of compound is the single most important factor you control to reduce the time needed for paint correction step.

* FASTEST cutting 3D compound with the costliest powder and formulation
    * Specifically formulated to cut and level HARD clearcoats fast!
    * Removes sanding marks and other serious paint defects like swirls, scratches, water spots and oxidation.
    * Precision engineered (proprietary) Alpha Ceramic Alumina, (ACA) sub-micron abrasive technology.
    * Removes down to P1000 grit sanding marks.
    * Cuts fast and leaves a superior finish compared to all other compounds.
    * Works with any rotary or orbital polisher plus foam or wool pads.
    * Body shop safe – Fresh paint safe – Silicone free!
    * Does NOT contain OSHA regulated Crystalline Silica! - HUMAN SAFE
    * Water-based – No harsh solvents or foul odors!
    * Wipes off easy! – Won’t clog buffing pads –– Competitive pricing.
    * 3D’s Green Earth Technology – Biodegradable, Prop 65 and V.O.C. compliant.

Post Thanks / Like

Adam’s came out with a gold label advanced Graphene spray coat. Twice the resin as the regular stuff.

18-24 months protection. With the regular one getting 6-8 months this one probably 9-12 real life? Would be great product for that price due to the shelf life.

9. Likes CleanIT, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    SELF BANNED
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Adam’s came out with a gold label advanced Graphene spray coat. Twice the resin as the regular stuff.

18-24 months protection. With the regular one getting 6-8 months this one probably 9-12 real life? Would be great product for that price due to the shelf life.

Coatings, will the adams stuff stay stable longer then cancoat? If so its probably what i will pickup next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    Coatings, will the adams stuff stay stable longer then cancoat? If so its probably what i will pickup next year.
    Read in there forum it will last a few years if stored right. CanCoat i’ve read 8-14. Mine lasted 12 then turned to jelly.

CanCoat is definitely the better product. More Coating like. Better longevity, beading and water behavior.

Spray coating is more like a sio2 spray on steroids.

My only issue with CanCoat is if your not maintaining several vehicles your going to wast half the bottle or more. The Adam’s i feel is more versatile.

Will continue to use both. Ideally CanCoat maintained with the Adams every 6 months.

12. Likes noorth, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm curious to see how well the Adam's GCC holds up against Griots 3 in 1.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    I'm curious to see how well the Adam's GCC holds up against Griots 3 in 1.
    If your talking about the Adam’s in 2 months it definitely held up better. Beading wise anyways. Not sure on looks.

I feel the Adam’s is more stout than any sio2 spray sealant but less stout than any coating lite.

The only problem I see is application. Not hard at all and no high spots. You just have to let it set for 1-2 minutes.

Spray sealants are mostly easy to use and most can be used as a drying aid.

CanCoat can be wiped right away so both would be quicker.

15. Likes Bosko, Craig Encinitas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    haven't heard it talked about much here (came out a few months ago IIRC), worth a mention.. an addition to the 3D ACA (500/520) Line...

Cuts the hardest clearcoats fast!
    I would buy this just to use on headlights.

17. Likes Craig Encinitas liked this post
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast