autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2021/2022 New Products

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Evo - Gyeon Quartz

Found this link on DW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks for the link.

From that page, they almost all state they have improved the ease application in addition to the ability to do it outdoors like Guz already mentioned.

A formulation change might bring me around to trying Gyeon coatings again. Pure or One would be perfect for my needs. I really liked the look and hydrophobic properties of CanCoat, but wasn't really keen on the application method and sprayers.

It's funny that Gyeon now says CanCoat will last 1 year. Many of us were able to achieve that with the old formula, so it will be interesting to see how the new formulation holds up.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

2. Likes CleanIT, Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Would you take durability and similar water behavior and sacrifice the slickness?
    I want it all! Actually the slickness was neat and all but it was the high water contact angle beads that were fun. Very entertaining to play with!

I just looked at their site. So Gyeon states they are outdoor friendly yet they say don't apply in direct sun and not to get wet for 12 hours.

NO GARAGE? NO PROBLEM!
    All EVO formulas can be applied outdoors. Just ensure you have stable conditions, avoid direct sunlight and check the weather forecast! No coating should get wet in the first 12 hours after application.
    It appears indeed to be an evolution as opposed to a revolution. The 12 hour thing is neat but to be honest, I wonder if that's a combination of formula changes and previously overly cautious instructions changes? I remember doing Cquartz UK 3.0 + Gliss V2 and they took the truck out in a blizzard the next day, about 8hrs later, and never any issues over the next 2 years. The single-layer thing is nice though; I'd agree with you that multi-layers seem to be on their way out. I've run across many coatings since last January that are single-layer only. Many say you can do another layer but mfg testing has proven little to no benefit. If 1 + 1 = 1.10, is it worth it? Not to me.

In the end, if the advertised benefits prove to be 100% accurate, that's big plus; guess we'll have to wait and see.

They have gone 'coating saver' with their new applicator as well, perhaps where the 30ml = 50ml advantage comes from. Regardless of a barrier, I always seemed to use less product with a 3x5 applicator than I did with a little block/suede...I hated those things SEMA 2021/2022 New Products

Double-sided, with different high quality types of microfibre on each side, it has a special insert that prevents product from soaking into the calibrated foam core. By using a Q˛M Coating Applicator you will benefit from reduced product consumption and perfectly even coating application every time.
    Someone mentioned while we were watching yesterday that they really seem to be targeting the European market where garages with each home are not as prevalent as they are in U.S.

Time will tell!

Edit: And aside from the 'Hype' discussion, no mention of graphene anywhere in Gyeon World SEMA 2021/2022 New Products

4. Likes Desertnate, CleanIT, The Guz, oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Also
    Trim & Detail Coating

Enhance and protect your trim, plastic grilles, bumpers, rubber, door seals, door jambs, engine bays and more with the easy-to-use Trim & Detail Coating.

Enhances and protects interior and exterior automotive trim
    Easy to use spray and walk away application
    Cross linking polymers create a durable, hydrophobic finish with UV protection
    Quick dry, non-greasy formula
    Darkens and restores finish back to original color
    Funny... I was just wishing something like this aerosol existed! I have a honeycomb style lower grille and using a trim-blackening cream just sounds like a waste of time to me. Unfortunately I just sprayed Meg's HCW all over it, so doubt the new Griot's aerosol would stick/blacken the trim very much... Any ideas on how to strip the HCW? Would a strong APC take care of it?

EDIT: Nick Winn replied to my post on MOL where I asked the same question. He said:

"Our Hybrid Ceramic Wax Spray (blue bottle) can be removed from a non painted plastic trim/grille piece by using a mild automotive specific all purpose cleaner like our DRTU Citrus Power Cleaner Plus. Then you can apply Hybrid Ceramic Trim Restorer to a clean & dry plastic grille piece.

That said, sometimes I have noticed there are certain plastic front bumper/grill components that have more of a smooth non porous style of plastic, I bring this up because sometimes trim protection/restorer products do not seem to absorb well into these style components."
    Meguiar's also just released a new Hybrid Ceramic Trim Restorer, but theirs is a cream. I would prefer the Griot's aerosol for my application.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad I waited for SEMA before deciding what I want to put on the GLI next. I was 100% sold on CQUK+SiC but this new Gyeon Syncro formula just sounds soo nice.

CarPro hasn't wowed me yet with their debuts but it only day two. Their Descale soap looks like a coating reviving winner though!Sky'''s The Limit Car Care
    Colin Lang
    @DimensionalShine <- My Detailing IG Page

7. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

https://carpro.global/catalog/innerq...CpcphfBVvTp_G0

InnerQD is a quick and easy, daily anti static and anti microbial detailing spray.

Use it on all interior surfaces to clean light contamination, finger prints, dust and inhibit the electrostatic adhesion of dust particles, as well as the growth of pathogenic microorganisms.
    InnerQD’s formula is designed to leave a dry, satin, streak-free anti-static layer which will reduce the overall amount of dust accumulated over time.

9. Likes dgage liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Zaino’s Godsmack coating looks decent

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    I want it all! Actually the slickness was neat and all but it was the high water contact angle beads that were fun. Very entertaining to play with!

It appears indeed to be an evolution as opposed to a revolution. The 12 hour thing is neat but to be honest, I wonder if that's a combination of formula changes and previously overly cautious instructions changes? I remember doing Cquartz UK 3.0 + Gliss V2 and they took the truck out in a blizzard the next day, about 8hrs later, and never any issues over the next 2 years. The single-layer thing is nice though; I'd agree with you that multi-layers seem to be on their way out. I've run across many coatings since last January that are single-layer only. Many say you can do another layer but mfg testing has proven little to no benefit. If 1 + 1 = 1.10, is it worth it? Not to me.

In the end, if the advertised benefits prove to be 100% accurate, that's big plus; guess we'll have to wait and see.

They have gone 'coating saver' with their new applicator as well, perhaps where the 30ml = 50ml advantage comes from. Regardless of a barrier, I always seemed to use less product with a 3x5 applicator than I did with a little block/suede...I hated those things SEMA 2021/2022 New Products

Someone mentioned while we were watching yesterday that they really seem to be targeting the European market where garages with each home are not as prevalent as they are in U.S.

Time will tell!

Edit: And aside from the 'Hype' discussion, no mention of graphene anywhere in Gyeon World SEMA 2021/2022 New Products
    Gyeon admitted in last years show that they are not going the graphene route.

The thing is that for being outdoor friendly it still needs to stay away from water. So is that really outdoor friendly?

Either way I’m still going to pass on the line up. Wasn’t overly wowed by Gyeon. I must admit the bottles look good.

Quote Originally Posted by crg001 View Post
    I'm glad I waited for SEMA before deciding what I want to put on the GLI next. I was 100% sold on CQUK+SiC but this new Gyeon Syncro formula just sounds soo nice.

CarPro hasn't wowed me yet with their debuts but it only day two. Their Descale soap looks like a coating reviving winner though!Sky'&#39;'s The Limit Car Care
    That should be a good thing. Means CarPro’s coatings are right where they want them and are consistent.

Gyeon probably noticed their coatings needed improvements in order to compete.

Budget and I can agree that Syncro was a let down so will see if this new version is better.

This is all we are getting from CarPro. No need to flood the market like Meguiar’s, Turtle Wax, Mothers.

12. Thanks PaulMys thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, dgage, BudgetPlan1, PaulMys, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, that was quick G13 in stock here at AG!

Griot's Garage G13 Mini Long-Throw Orbital

The G13 Mini Long-Throw Polisher takes the innovative design of the G8 Mini Random Orbital Polisher and combines it with the power of a long-throw platform, giving you the utmost performance, control and comfort! Its refined body shape, extensive use of double-shot rubber, and balanced driveline highlight the attention to detail we’ve designed into this polisher. The G13’s powerful 700-watt motor, 13mm dual-action orbit, and included 2” and 3” backing plates mean you can really hyper focus your paint correction efforts. This polisher delivers increased paint correcting ability, refined smoothness in operation, and higher pad rotation over the already powerful G8. Its constant speed control won’t bog down pad rotation when you apply pressure, and the included 10’ quick connect power cord will increase efficiency and work area organization when utilizing multiple tools. All this tech translates into a balanced, smooth-running tool that feels great in your hands and allows you to produce pristine paint in record breaking time!

Post Thanks / Like

So far, I'm the most impressed with Griot's new products. Hopefully Friday will bring us some cool stuff from others.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack-Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado Crew Cab 4x4- Summit White

Post Thanks / Like

Gyeon admitted in last years show that they are not going the graphene route.

The thing is that for being outdoor friendly it still needs to stay away from water. So is that really outdoor friendly?

Either way I’m still going to pass on the line up. Wasn’t overly wowed by Gyeon. I must admit the bottles look good.

That should be a good thing. Means CarPro’s coatings are right where they want them and are consistent.

Gyeon probably noticed their coatings needed improvements in order to compete.

Budget and I can agree that Syncro was a let down so will see if this new version is better.

This is all we are getting from CarPro. No need to flood the market like Meguiar’s, Turtle Wax, Mothers.
    I agree with your assessment of CarPro. Between CQUK 3.0, Gliss, and Optimum Gloss Coat I have no desire to start "exploring"..

16. Likes The Guz liked this post
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast