autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Arrow Car Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber Coating

2018 Colorado ZR2

2. Likes Paul A. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Car Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber Coating

I just bought Feynlab tire coating lite and I'll be trying it out when I get my new tires but I bet this product is going to be a WINNERCar Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber CoatingCar Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber CoatingCar Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber Coating

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I have blackout and I will be using it soon but not on my personal car. I am moving away from tire coatings for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    I just bought Feynlab tire coating lite and I'll be trying it out when I get my new tires but I bet this product is going to be a WINNERCar Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber CoatingCar Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber CoatingCar Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber Coating

Be sure to use a microfiber applicator to apply it. It will streak less with microfiber compared to foam.

5. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I have blackout and I will be using it soon but not on my personal car. I am moving away from tire coatings for the time being.

Be sure to use a microfiber applicator to apply it. It will streak less with microfiber compared to foam.
    Thanks Guz but I have to ask, why are you moving away from tire coatings?

Looking forward to your review of Blackout, Gyeon has been kicking arse lately...well forever if we're being honest Car Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber Coating

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

I’ll be interested in how it differs from Tuf Shine or Pinnacle tire coatings as I haven’t really noticed a difference between those two. I’m torn on tire coatings as they last much longer unless you get an abrasion, which I have one to fix as I parked too close to an angled parking lot curb. On the flip side, water based dressings don’t last long, especially when it rains.

8. Likes bob m, Powerman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Thanks Guz but I have to ask, why are you moving away from tire coatings?

Looking forward to your review of Blackout, Gyeon has been kicking arse lately...well forever if we're being honest Car Pro BLACKOUT Tire & Rubber Coating

In most cases they are pretty durable. The downside is that they are a pain to remove. Feynlab is easier to remove as it is more of a sealant so some scrubbing with the tuf shine brush and tire cleaner will remove it. When it comes to the McKee's tire coating, the new version is much harder to remove. Seems to be even harder to remove than the previous versions. Regular tire cleaners will not remove it.

CarPro posted a video on their youtube page touting the abrasion and chemical resistance of BlackOut. If it is that hard to remove then I will pass on using it on my personal cars for the time being.

I will have someone coming in for a paint correction during the memorial day weekend, so I will be using it on those tires and make a review on application. Just don't ask me about durability because I won't have that info

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    I’ll be interested in how it differs from Tuf Shine or Pinnacle tire coatings as I haven’t really noticed a difference between those two. I’m torn on tire coatings as they last much longer unless you get an abrasion, which I have one to fix as I parked too close to an angled parking lite curb. But water based don’t last long, especially when it rains.
    Blackout had some shards around the opening of the bottle when I opened it. CarPro could not make it water based as they intended to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Blackout had some shards around the opening of the bottle when I opened it. CarPro could not make it water based as they intended to.
    Thanks Guz. Looking forward to your review as I do all of yours.

Sorry I didn’t communicate well there as I meant that water-based dressings don’t last long. So I was mixing a coating and its issues with the short-life of dressings. Not so worried about Blackout being water-based. More interested to see if it really separates itself from Tuf Shine and similar.

Post Thanks / Like

I have yet to try this product. Read good reviews about it, though.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m torn on tire coatings as they last much longer unless you get an abrasion, which I have one to fix as I parked too close to an angled parking lot curb.

13. Likes dwaleke liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xeoto View Post
    I’m torn on tire coatings as they last much longer unless you get an abrasion, which I have one to fix as I parked too close to an angled parking lot curb.
    Do you plan on curbing your tires? If you used a tire dressing and curbed it..wouldn't you still have to re-dress it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast