autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 303 Graphene

Mike Phillips

Re: 303 Graphene

Looks great to me! Love this color!

2. Likes Texchappy, bfenne liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently applied Hybrid Solutions Graphene paste wax over the 303 Graphene to a 1999 Ford F-150 Flare-side (rare truck)!!
    It actually made the paint pop, the guy’s son said “the truck has never looked that good!!
    Try it out!!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Likes bfenne liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

***UPDATE***

Some time has passed and I wanted to share some 303 Graphene behavior I precieve to be.

1. I did not drive the truck and let the product cure for a few days after application.
    2. Weather perceived or actual it felt like the slickness got a little better.
    3. I had the vehicle outside and it rained. I did notice some light water spotting. Note: I did not use a topper. Not sure what to expect in this area as maybe it is similar to a ceramic coating. ????
    4. We have had lots of pollen and I thought I would give the truck a wipe down. I decided to use McKees 37 Trademark Extender Wax liberally as a QD then buff. I cant say weather gloss changed a whole lot as 303 was already impressive in this area. I will say slickness improved though. This also removed any water spots there were.
    5. I struggled with what to use as a topper and then by need and default I went with something I had on hand. I must say McKees 37 Trademark Extender Wax is a nice and friendly product. Not sure if it counts as a topper but it is what i used for now.

So, it rained hard today, of course right after I used the Trademark Extender Wax and the water behavior was very good with 303 as a standalone protection BUT after topping with the spray wax it is insane tight pin heads. I have attached a couple photos. 1 horizontal and 1 vertical panel.

Thoughts???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bfenne View Post
    ***UPDATE***

Some time has passed and I wanted to share some 303 Graphene behavior I precieve to be.

1. I did not drive the truck and let the product cure for a few days after application.
    2. Weather perceived or actual it felt like the slickness got a little better.
    3. I had the vehicle outside and it rained. I did notice some light water spotting. Note: I did not use a topper. Not sure what to expect in this area as maybe it is similar to a ceramic coating. ????
    4. We have had lots of pollen and I thought I would give the truck a wipe down. I decided to use McKees 37 Trademark Extender Wax liberally as a QD then buff. I cant say weather gloss changed a whole lot as 303 was already impressive in this area. I will say slickness improved though. This also removed any water spots there were.
    5. I struggled with what to use as a topper and then by need and default I went with something I had on hand. I must say McKees 37 Trademark Extender Wax is a nice and friendly product. Not sure if it counts as a topper but it is what i used for now.

So, it rained hard today, of course right after I used the Trademark Extender Wax and the water behavior was very good with 303 as a standalone protection BUT after topping with the spray wax it is insane tight pin heads. I have attached a couple photos. 1 horizontal and 1 vertical panel.

Thoughts???
    Photos ???

Post Thanks / Like

Trying to get the photos uploaded. Sorry.

Mike Phillips

Trying to get the photos uploaded. Sorry.

Here's your photos,

Of these two photos,

One image is 1271 x 960 pixels

The other image is 4000 x 3000 pixels

The large image is TOO big for the gallery to upload. If Autogeek let everyone upload gigantic image files a server somewhere in the world would fill up.

I resized the width to 1000 pixels wide and let the height float. That is I let the software adjust only the width and the height will auto adjust WITHOUT DISTORTING.

Here's an article that shows the software I use every day to resize all the hundreds of photos I upload each week.

How to resize your photos with Easy Thumbnails - Free software

And here's your gallery where I uploaded your resized images to.

bfenne Gallery - AutogeekOnline Gallery

And.... water beading with 303 Graphene looks GREAT!

Post Thanks / Like

I never care what the bead actually looks like, but I certainly care for how long the bead lasts… This is the metric I use to judge a product. Also depth of gloss using a ruler is a big indicator for me , again tied with time… Can I see many inches after six months?, if so, it’s a great product.

This is just my opinion, others may feel totally different and really dissect the actual bead appearance…Nothing wrong with that.
    Glen -

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by glen e View Post
    I never care what the bead actually looks like, but I certainly care for how long the bead lasts… This is the metric I use to judge a product. Also depth of gloss using a ruler is a big indicator for me , again tied with time… Can I see many inches after six months?, if so, it’s a great product.

This is just my opinion, others may feel totally different and really dissect the actual bead appearance…Nothing wrong with that.
    I like tight, tall and round beads or I'll re-do it with something else.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Phillips View Post
    Here's your photos,

Of these two photos,

One image is 1271 x 960 pixels

The other image is 4000 x 3000 pixels

The large image is TOO big for the gallery to upload. If Autogeek let everyone upload gigantic image files a server somewhere in the world would fill up.

I resized the width to 1000 pixels wide and let the height float. That is I let the software adjust only the width and the height will auto adjust WITHOUT DISTORTING.

Here's an article that shows the software I use every day to resize all the hundreds of photos I upload each week.

How to resize your photos with Easy Thumbnails - Free software

And here's your gallery where I uploaded your resized images to.

bfenne Gallery - AutogeekOnline Gallery

And.... water beading with 303 Graphene looks GREAT!

Thanks Mike! I appreciate it. Yeah I do not do much photo uploading. I also look at that software.

Just to be clear the water beading with 303 as a standalone was very good. When I used the McKees 37 Trademark Extender Spray Wax on top it was amplified. Also these were not created from a hose nozzle setting but rather good ole mother nature.

Mike Phillips

Thanks Mike! I appreciate it. Yeah I do not do much photo uploading. I also look at that software.
    No problemo... photos be hard now days...

Just to be clear the water beading with 303 as a standalone was very good. When I used the McKees 37 Trademark Extender Spray Wax on top it was amplified.

Also these were not created from a hose nozzle setting but rather good ole mother nature.

Monitor your finish. I think one of the features for the 303 Graphene Nano Spray Coating is reduced water spotting.

Not sure if you'll get that benefit with the McKee's 37 product on it?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.