autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss

This is my review of the new DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss. The test vehicle was a 2016 Audi Q5 with Brilliant Black paint, wearing CanCoat and recently washed with HS Ceramic Wash and Wax. Despite the recent wash, the car had rain/dirt residue on lower panels and road dust on the upper panels. The back end was pretty filthy. Unfortunately I did not snap ‘before’ pictures.

Full product descriptions, pricing, etc. can be found from the below link to AG:

DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss

The General Description:
    When you are looking for the perfect middle-ground between a traditional carwash and a waterless wash, DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is the way to go. DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss is perfect for people who have little water access or even little time. The high lubricating wash of DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss leaves behind a slick, clean, hydrophobic finish. The safe cleaning powers of DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss are apparent in the end result. Plus, DP Rinseless Wash & Gloss can be diluted for different purposes.

Packaging:
    The bottle has a very nice squeeze top, which iHowever, I like to put my concentrate products into measuring bottles and use the original bottle for mixing QD dilutions for pre-soak.
    There’s been some talk about DP labels, I like the color coding personally (red for wash products in this case), and I don’t have any trouble reading the product name. It works for me.

Dilutions:
    RW: 1:256 (2gallons)
    QD: 1:16 (2:32)
    I diluted only 0.5oz to 1 gallon of water (this is all I need for a compact SUV using microfiber towels for wiping). I also mixed a 16oz bottle at QD strength.

Product:
    It’s really nice. I’m terrible at naming smells, so I don’t try (maybe a melon??). Meghan can chime in, but it smells like Bath and Bodyworks fragrance, but not overwhelming. It was very pleasant through the whole wash process. The consistency is as you’d expect of an RW, very slippery. The color is key lime green.
    Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss-img_2005-jpg

Application:
    I pre-soaked all panels except the room and windows. I used about 12oz of QD to do so.

I cleaned the roof with QD alone, since it wasn’t too dirty. The QD dilution has ample lubrication. I was never worried about causing marring. The product dries effortlessly. Therefore the QD application is simple and friendly.

The RW dilution is also very lubricated. Again, no concerns about marring. Some RWs seem to require a few passes to ensure the dirt has been fully captured. I only felt the need for one wet pass with this product. As with the QD, drying is effortless. Zero streaking, no need to come back for a second dry wipe. Any decent drying towel should quickly pick up the remaining solution on an LSP like CanCoat. Windows also had zero streaking, which is impressive.

Results:
    The RW only took about 15-20 minutes including pre-soak. This is a bit faster than I typically would spend on a RW. The drying process helped with the speed.

The paint was clean and had a slight polymer shine to it that I would compare to BF Waterless Wash or Wolfgang Uber RW. The surface was slick.
    Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss-img_2001-jpg
    Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss-img_2002-jpg
    Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss-adjustments-jpg
    Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss-img_2008-jpg

Summary:
    - Nice bottle top
    - Great smell, not too strong.
    - Very lubricated.
    - Dries as good as any RW.
    - Shine is good, slickness is great. Not too zesty of a protective feeling (like Ech2O or UWW+). More like Wolfgang that has only slight gloss enhancing.

These cleaning polymers have been improved since the earlier RWs that came out. It was a joy to work with and is right up there with Wolfgang Uber RW as far as ease of use and speed.
    Given the cost of this product, it’s a great value and something I will use fairly often. I have no real negatives to report. It did well at everything an RW should.

Thanks for reading.

2. Likes Thomkirby, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss

Great review! I just ran out of ONR and Pinnacle Rinseless Wash this week, think I’ll have to add it to the cart this weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

4. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jayfro View Post
    Great review! I just ran out of ONR and Pinnacle Rinseless Wash this week, think I’ll have to add it to the cart this weekend!
    For whatever it’s worth, I like this more than Pinnacle RW. Haven’t used ONR.

Post Thanks / Like

The Q5 got rained on last night. I’m not sure how much but below is the beading this morning:
    Review: DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss-img_2013-jpg

Looking good. So I’m guessing the RW did very little to mask the CanCoat / HS Ceramic Wash and Wax combo underneath. I wouldn’t expect the beading to remain this level if RW polymers were “gumming up” the ceramic properties underneath.

Figured this observation might be useful for some out there who prefer little-to-no protection from their washes.

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It is Watermelon and I think it leaves amazing slickness behind as well!

9. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got my bottle and tried as clay lube on glass and waterless on hood

Looks like Ech20

Definitely a melon smell.... if you’ve ever tried an asian melon candy, gummi, hard or chewy, smells like the taste. Melon hi chew....

Diluted 1/2oz to 8oz distilled.

Worked well as a clay lube. I’ve only ised WG uber and Griots speed shine.

Griots still felt most lubricious but this worked well enough as lube that i would not buy speed shine again as that is all i use it for. I liked better than Uber.

As a waterless you definitely have to do two passes to try but that is try of all waterless as i douse the panel.

1 pass

Spotless after second pass.

Says on instructions leaves hydrophobic protection behind and is definitely something their. Beefed up the gloss as well.

The finish it left was really slick. It felt um, greasy to touch but when you felt in between fingers nothing. Just slickness.

I would consider this a competitor to Ech20 in the waterless department and uber in the rinseless category. If you like those products give this a try you will be pleased.

SLICK AND GLOSSY!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    As a waterless you definitely have to do two passes to try but that is try of all waterless as i douse the panel.

1 pass

Spotless after second pass.

Says on instructions leaves hydrophobic protection behind and is definitely something their. Beefed up the gloss as well.

The finish it left was really slick. It felt um, greasy to touch but when you felt in between fingers nothing. Just slickness.

I would consider this a competitor to Ech20 in the waterless department and uber in the rinseless category. If you like those products give this a try you will be pleased.

SLICK AND GLOSSY!
    Thanks for touching on waterless application. I only used this dilution on the roof and didn’t have a good view of the wipe off. I reported that it wiped right off on the first pass but I may not have seen the streaking in my garage, and/or didn’t drench it since the roof was rather clean. I did wet the towel pretty well though.

I also haven’t checked if the protection left behind on the roof was impacted by the Wash and Gloss, but it might be hard to tell if it’s a very hydrophobic layer.