autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

Griots joins the Si02 wagon.

Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax is formulated with liquid polymers and SiO2-infused chemistry that forms a chemical bond with your paint to impart a layer of protection that is more robust than conventional waxes and sealants. Designed as a supplement to a professionally installed high-solids ceramic coating or to be used in place of conventional waxes or sealants. Ceramic 3-in-1 Wax guards against surface oxidation, harmful UV rays, stains, etching from acid rain, and other environmental/chemical sources. It also makes maintaining your paint much easier via the formula's self-cleaning properties that reduce dust and dirt buildup. The best performing, easiest-to-use sprayable ceramic on the market. Take advantage of Ceramic 3-in-1's leading-edge technology and take your paint protection to the next level.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

As a longtime GG customer you have my attention. Looks interesting can't wait to read peoples experiences with it.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

Post Thanks / Like

Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax-thumb-jpg
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

I was able to get a 22oz bottle from Griots's (I know people, shhhhh..) the other day. Used it on my next customers black Lexus. IT was cold out, 34* and cloudy. Just as directed, a light mist onto a prepped panel (clayed and cleaned with IGL Precoat). Wipe to spread and a buff off a few minutes later with a clean MF. I gave it some extra time due to the temps. The smell is great, can't pinpoint it, maybe Pina colada? But great no matter,....it buffed off with minimal effort and left an AMAZING gloss and slickness. Owner was thrilled and is going to keep me in the loop with how it's holding up. We'll see how it does. But just from an initial application, It looks like a great product.

Also while I was at Griot's, I was able to play with the G8.....WOW! You won't be disappointed is all I can say for now. It was a pre-production unit but it is VERY impressive.

Mike

5. Thanks Diner, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

So washed hood with Mckees coating prep and pure rinseless for good measure. Eagle one wheel cleaner (color changing iron remover) and then washed again. Did not polish hood.

I cleaned well as i did 50/50 with the Griots 3-1 and TWSNS. Last time I used SNS i just put it over some kamikaze i believe but what ever was under didn’t play well. Felt oily and hard to remove. I also applied less product 2.5 sprays fir SNS and 3 for Griots.

Took a picture of top to show griots sprayers. Not a fan of their 35oz bottles and sprayers but the 22oz is a boss! Definitely best sprayer ive personally used.

I applied both with MF towel per instructions as i used a AF saver applicator last time and maybe that was causing streaking?

TwSNS:

Although applied much easier with MF towel and prep still was more difficult to remove. Still had oily feeling but no streaking.

Griots 3-1:

Application was easy with liquid being a little grabby. No provlems removing:

Let both cure 6 hours and added 2nd coat and cured 12 more.

Both looked really good couldnt tell difference. Breading very similar although them sheeting off, griots has slight edge.

Gonna let both sit through febuary

A note on the griots i didnt clean all off and left a high spot. Figuring it was just a topper teied to remove with damp towel and it did nothing. Got home and sprayed with more product. Let sit and fixed. Seems to be potent stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Thanks oneheadlite, Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I got a sample of this at SEMA and I tried it on my car. First off it smells GREAT! But it seemed to leave a nice shine and the paint was slick. Seems like a good product.

Post Thanks / Like

Just noticed it's in the AG store now (and a couple bucks off retail at the moment).

I'll definitely be getting this. Short version - I'm tired of trying products that are all the rage and being bitten by poor user experience because conditions X,Y,or Z weren't perfect. I end up getting frustrated and just going back to the Griot's products that have served me well.

I'm looking forward to trying this and hope it serves an experience like their other products.

10. Thanks Thomkirby thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So rained all day on car:

You can see more trails of water running off the right (griots) side than the left. You see more water pooling at the top of the left.

Beads were almost identical but griots sheeted the water better. This only after a couple days though. Keep y’all posted

Griots 3-1:

TWSnS

12. Thanks Diner, oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Likes Mdjas, dennis b, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

After wash today flooded hood to test water removal. In both picks you can see right side (GC3-1) water sheeted off faster in picks i flooded left side (TWSNS) first yet water ran off the griots side faster.

I dont think these were taken on two different flood pics but could be back to back... sorry cant remember.

TWSNS has nice beading but loss in sheeting and bead removal(?) to both Griots Ceramic 3-1 and Polish Angel Cosmic.

Looks like TWSNS is what it is. A nice $7 sealant but doesn’t hang with superior products.

These are my finding/thoughts in my weather. All testing i did were fair and things I wanted to see. If you think different of SNS good for you. Next maybe Griots 3-1 vs Cosmic

14. Thanks oneheadlite, Diner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I used this stuff today. I watched a few Apex youtube videos on it and a few others. It was very easy to apply and remove.

I started off with a wash, followed by clay, then TW Ice Speed Compound then Griot's 3 in 1.

Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast