autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

Cold temps mentioned. Maybe no bond because temps too low??

Can this product effectively replace the Blue Griots "Best of Show" finish spray I have used for years??
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Just wipe it down with Isopropyl to remove grease , lubricants, surfactants etc. Takes 5 minutes and as I learned, even with the sprays, it is a mandatory step after any type of correction, or in your case, a new car. Gyeon prep for example.

Griots 3in 1 will become my new Griots Best in show. Almost as easy. Just use a second towel to final buff. It does make a difference.
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

Post Thanks / Like

Other than the ceramic part is there a difference between BF One Step and Griots 3-1?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bcgreen View Post
    Other than the ceramic part is there a difference between BF One Step and Griots 3-1?
    Griot's ceramic all-in-one would be the more comparable product to BF One Step. 3in1 doesn't have any correction ability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    That's six months with 3 in 1? Is it boosted with anything?

Interesting. I applied 3 in 1 to my car the last week of January to protect it until I could apply a coating this spring. I washed the car yesterday and after I was done I noticed 0 beading, 0 sheeting. Nada. Nothing. Water just sat on the paint like it was stuck there. Drying was not fun.

It matches my expectations of a normal spray sealant, but I was hoping for better.
    Ive had great luck with 3and one, also TW Seal and Shine. I think that they are the the 2 best spray sealants.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSnoop View Post
    Griot's ceramic all-in-one would be the more comparable product to BF One Step. 3in1 doesn't have any correction ability.
    Which would you buy as a one step product?

Post Thanks / Like

No, and now having used both Gyeon Can Coat Evo and the Griots ceramic 3 in 1, there is no comparison. The Gyeon is a VASTLY superior product with the same effort required to apply. I did a have water spotting issue with it one time but that came off with the following wash. I had washed car, came in to eat, went out to dry but it had partially dried already. My bad.

I recently spoke directly to Griots about Best in Show v The 3 in 1. 3 in 1 IS NOT a replacement and is not designed for routine touchup use. Therefore, I won't bother with it again. Decent product but the Gyeon is SO much better! The missing link in my SiO2 conversion will be a Ceramic quickie detailer to replace my Best n Show. Something that removes light dust and pollen quickly whilst giving that final tweek to the finish that is nice and slippery. BTW, the 3 in 1 does not feel very slippery if that's your thing.

I'd love to add a pic but the upload function is screwed up

8. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    No, and now having used both Gyeon Can Coat Evo and the Griots ceramic 3 in 1, there is no comparison. The Gyeon is a VASTLY superior product with the same effort required to apply. I did a have water spotting issue with it one time but that came off with the following wash. I had washed car, came in to eat, went out to dry but it had partially dried already. My bad.

I recently spoke directly to Griots about Best in Show v The 3 in 1. 3 in 1 IS NOT a replacement and is not designed for routine touchup use. Therefore, I won't bother with it again. Decent product but the Gyeon is SO much better! The missing link in my SiO2 conversion will be a Ceramic quickie detailer to replace my Best n Show. Something that removes light dust and pollen quickly whilst giving that final tweek to the finish that is nice and slippery. BTW, the 3 in 1 does not feel very slippery if that's your thing.

I'd love to add a pic but the upload function is screwed up
    Perhaps give CarPro Ech2o a look..

10. Likes CleanIT, Desertnate liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MoBenzOwner View Post
    Perhaps give CarPro Ech2o a look..
    This is the best answer.

In addition to doing the things mentioned, it also has a light cleaning ability so it works great for things like removal of bird droppings and random smudges and sticky fingerprints. It's really economical at QD dilutions and you can also mix it to higher ratios for waterless washes too.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

12. Likes CleanIT, MoBenzOwner liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven’t tried 3-1 wax yet and I have a question

Everything I have seen says apply to a dry surface

Has anyone tried it wet like TWWW or other “drying aids”

Just curious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast