autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

Quote Originally Posted by NJNinja View Post
    Can Coat Evo is now equivalent to the old Can Coat Pro. I think the original stuff in Scott's video was only rated for 6 months. Many get a year out of it though if properly maintained.

Ah...got it

2. Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Can Coat Evo is now equivalent to the old Can Coat Pro. I think the original stuff in Scott's video was only rated for 6 months. Many get a year out of it though if properly maintained.
    The old CanCoat might have only been rated for 6 months, but I easily got 12 out of it and that was through a fairly harsh winter.

I loved the stuff, and it would be my go-to if I was in the market for a 12-month coating. Water behavior and self cleaning were very good and it was probably the best looking coating I've ever used. Looked spectacular on a a black car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

4. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    The old CanCoat might have only been rated for 6 months, but I easily got 12 out of it and that was through a fairly harsh winter.

I loved the stuff, and it would be my go-to if I was in the market for a 12-month coating. Water behavior and self cleaning were very good and it was probably the best looking coating I've ever used. Looked spectacular on a a black car.
    Good to know. I've settled on Can Coat. Just waiting for the weather to break.

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

I have gotten 12 months out of this for a garage kept car that's not driven that much. I applied one coat and it was not properly prepped.

7. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    It really is that simple.
    Most of us of this forum like working on our cars, for me personally I believe "Coatings" are for people that don't want to work or fuss on their car.

My 2018 Kia had a"Professional" coating right from the day I purchased it...in 2020 I polished it off....waste of money IMO

Said it was a 7 year coating and was shot in 2 years
    Exactly. I enjoy working on my vehicles like most of us on this forum. I will look for excuses to do something on my truck (condensation, dust, a bird flew by). Applying long life coatings limit the amount of activities that can be done. Waxes, sealants and spray on products can be constantly applied and give us guys something to do.
    I believe in treating everybody with respect, and clean cars. That’s what I believe in.

9. Thanks chilly thanked for this post
    Likes Bosko, Jayfro, chilly, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wanted to post a 6 Month update on one of the vehicles I was doing a longevity test on with 3 in 1.

2016 GMC Sierra truck
    Polished and treated(one coat) Griots 3 in 1, vehicle is in a pole barn at night but sits in a Walmart parking lot 10 hours a day 5 days a week.
    I took this pic this morning in the parking lot at Walmart as the guy I did the truck for was working and I happen to be there during a rain.

not bad in my book

Post Thanks / Like

That's six months with 3 in 1? Is it boosted with anything?

Interesting. I applied 3 in 1 to my car the last week of January to protect it until I could apply a coating this spring. I washed the car yesterday and after I was done I noticed 0 beading, 0 sheeting. Nada. Nothing. Water just sat on the paint like it was stuck there. Drying was not fun.

It matches my expectations of a normal spray sealant, but I was hoping for better.

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting. I applied 3 in 1 to my car the last week of January to protect it until I could apply a coating this spring. I washed the car yesterday and after I was done I noticed 0 beading, 0 sheeting. Nada. Nothing. Water just sat on the paint like it was stuck there. Drying was not fun.

It matches my expectations of a normal spray sealant, but I was hoping for better.
    Desertnate, just curious was the car prepped prior to 3 in 1? 3 in 1 if properly prepped usually lasts at least 4-6 months.

As good as 3 in 1 is, after using Can Coat and Gloss Coat, I don't think I'd reach for 3 in 1 anymore. The coating lites are just as easy to use and you get better results.

13. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes chilly, ddsski liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Desertnate, just curious was the car prepped prior to 3 in 1? 3 in 1 if properly prepped usually lasts at least 4-6 months.
    Not sure what kind of "prep" should go into a spray wax. The car was not prepped by the dealership, so I got it "naked". I gave the car a good wash by hand and then applied the 3 in 1. At the time it was way to cold (early Feb) to do anything else and I knew I was going to do a full detail this spring. I wasn't going to put a lot of time into it at that point. The bad thing is I've ended up going longer than I hoped to do the work.

Agree on the CanCoat and I'm sure CQuartz Lite is probably similar. They are much better options. I'll keep the 3 in 1 around as a "gap filler" for those times when I need to apply some protection in a hurry and will use something better later.

15. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as I know no other toppers were put on the paint.

Results will be and are all over the place on these SIO2 ceramic sprays...not the first time I have heard poor results with 3 in 1.
    As easy as Meg's HyBrid coating was to use, I'm not sure I'm going to stick with 3 in 1 in the future myself...

17. Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT, chilly liked this post
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast