autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots 3-1 Cermaic wax

Quote Originally Posted by Bosko View Post
    It really is that simple.
    Most of us of this forum like working on our cars, for me personally I believe "Coatings" are for people that don't want to work or fuss on their car.
    Coatings are not for everyone, like you said.

But for me, we have three vehicles that are outside 24/7 as we dont have a garage. 2 of them dont get driven much. Coatings for me have made washes so much easier. Nothing lasts as long out in the elements.and dont have to worry about wanter spots etching the clear.

Hell even when i do get a garage ill no doubt still coat them because i absolutly Love the look a coating gives!

Plus i dont have clay it,run a machine over it every year or whatever the case may be. Or have to apply a lsp a couple times a year...i can top if i want but dont have to. I really enjoy detailing, but i enjoy life too.

Plus look at klasse....his car is coated..and that guy is constantly "working or fussing" on his car. I believe your way of thinking is a bit stubborn sounding as it sounds like you got burned by the dealer.

Cheers

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

2. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The only coating I've tried was Gloss Coat but I no longer have that vehicle. I'm thinking of trying Can Coat next. I want to see if there really is a significant difference in "self cleaning" with something like Can Coat compared to a 3 in 1 type product.

4. Likes chilly liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by opie View Post
    Coatings are not for everyone, like you said.

But for me, we have three vehicles that are outside 24/7 as we dont have a garage. 2 of them dont get driven much. Coatings for me have made washes so much easier. Nothing lasts as long out in the elements.and dont have to worry about wanter spots etching the clear.

Hell even when i do get a garage ill no doubt still coat them because i absolutly Love the look a coating gives!

Plus i dont have clay it,run a machine over it every year or whatever the case may be. Or have to apply a lsp a couple times a year...i can top if i want but dont have to. I really enjoy detailing, but i enjoy life too.

Plus look at klasse....his car is coated..and that guy is constantly "working or fussing" on his car. I believe your way of thinking is a bit stubborn sounding as it sounds like you got burned by the dealer.

Cheers

Agree. I coat all of my vehicles for many of the same reasons. They make my vehicles so much easier to maintain. Combine that with the fact I go from a cycle of applying LSP's every six months to a cycle of two years, it means I have more time for other things...like driving!

I still fuss over keeping them clean and looking good, I just do a full polish/LSP application detail job far less often.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

6. Likes opie liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't mind applying my LSP every four months. I think the coating application process would frustrate me and I'm doubtful I'd like the looks so traditional LSP for me.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

8. Likes Bosko, chilly, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I coated my last two cars with Cquartz UK, but with the new spray on ceramics, I don’t see the need for it ….put me in the camp that doesn’t mind doing it every four months… The gloss is equal to a full blown coating product.
    Glen -

10. Likes CleanIT, chilly, ddsski, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

What about self cleaning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Dislikes ddsski disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

You just nailed it. I fully understand coatings for garage queens or limited use vehicles. Collector cars etc.
    I have a 110K Range Rover that goes from CT to Maine every week. It has to get snow brushed off, salt coated, chisel off ice etc. It is not babied. By spring, my vehicles from winter all scream for a "correction" 2ist century term which I like.

The one vehicle I ever let get "simonized", my Maserati GTS, was so poorly "corrected", I used BlackFfire AIO to correct, then applied good old Collinite. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Besides its just plain sexy to massage in the product. Yes , it was a 2016 I bought new in spring 2019, long story, but a fully loaded bird and the deal of a lifetime. It needed my love and is my old man keeper car when Thunderdome has occurred.

????LSP?

Good luck self cleaning my RR after 750 miles of driving thru every crap from ice, snow, salt, CaCL2, sand, Logging truck grease!!! pine sap, etc I'd love to see some testing done in my climate. All I ever see , is snowbird land coating testing....truly laughable in comparison.

Show me a black or like my RR, dark blue car, that looks brown/white , no plates, lightsnon- readable that can be hosed off, then I might believe.
    2018 Alfa Romeo 4C Spider Competizione Red, 2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio Quadrofoglio, Alfa Rosso, 2021.5 Range Rover Westminster, Portofino Blue 2016 Maserati GTS, MC Int, Ext Campio Blue, 2013 Lotus Evora IPS, Solar Yellow; 2011 Lotus Evora S, Persian Blue

14. Thanks CleanIT thanked for this post
    Likes CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ddsski View Post
    You just nailed it. I fully understand coatings for garage queens or limited use vehicles. Collector cars etc.
    I have a 110K Range Rover that goes from CT to Maine every week. It has to get snow brushed off, salt coated, chisel off ice etc. It is not babied. By spring, my vehicles from winter all scream for a "correction" 2ist century term which I like.

The one vehicle I ever let get "simonized", my Maserati GTS, was so poorly "corrected", I used BlackFfire AIO to correct, then applied good old Collinite. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! Besides its just plain sexy to massage in the product. Yes , it was a 2016 I bought new in spring 2019, long story, but a fully loaded bird and the deal of a lifetime. It needed my love and is my old man keeper car when Thunderdome has occurred.

????LSP?

Good luck self cleaning my RR after 750 miles of driving thru every crap from ice, snow, salt, CaCL2, sand, Logging truck grease!!! pine sap, etc I'd love to see some testing done in my climate. All I ever see , is snowbird land coating testing....truly laughable in comparison.

Show me a black or like my RR, dark blue car, that looks brown/white , no plates, lightsnon- readable that can be hosed off, then I might believe.
    Usually garage queens are treated the opposite of what you described.

Why dont you be the first to test out a coating in "your environment".
    You would be surprised what a quality high ph soap will do at cleaning a dirty non readable car...still will have some road film but nothing will fully remove that beside a bucket wash

Dont knock it until you try itGriots 3-1 Cermaic wax

16. Likes dgage, Coatingsarecrack, CleanIT, PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I live in the northwest where i feel cars see the most road film/grime. We get alit of rain on a consistent basis and water mixing with whatever on the road and then being thrown on your car is the stuff that destroys LSP’s

Car cleans up with a coating better than any sealant or wax. Self cleaning means it doesn’t retain as much grime not that a rain will clean it off. Even a good snow foam won’t.

If your polishing ever 6 month Gyeon CanCoat will blow any wax or sealant (yes collinite’s too) out of the water and just as easy to apply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. Thanks CleanIT, Desertnate thanked for this post
    Likes opie, dgage, CleanIT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Washing using a foam gun will be safer and more effective than a bucket wash—-especially when it comes to removing winter road crud
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

20. Likes opie liked this post
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast