autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast
    Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: SEMA 2019 New Products - New Products Coming Soon!

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Iron particle removal without the smell? I've heard that before.
    Meg released the Dub Wheel cleaner like 5 years ago and I found it's scent to be pretty interesting. Adam's Iron Remover smells hummm... pleasant to me. Initial smell's actually pretty good, then it has an after-smell hit of stank, but it's pretty minor. And it doesn't hurt it's less than half the price of Iron X. There are a few others that I've used that didn't smell close to as god awful as Iron X and a lot of the others. I couldn't even keep my Sonax Fallout in my garage in a locked cabinet. Adam's stuff I could keep sitting around open and it wouldn't bother me *shrug* So I'm kind of confused how it took Carpro this long to figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    It’s a good idea. $150 for the kit is alright. Let’s see if they made this version a better performer compared to the previous formula. Seems like they changed their mind on making this authorized installer only.

I've noticed their current coating kit's $105 on Amazon compared to $140 on their web site. I can't comment on how well it works, but for the price it looks to be a pretty damn nice kit. If the new one with the light's $110 on Amazon I'd almost certainly try it. The price is the same as their old kit, which it looks like they discontinued, so at least there's that. I know a lot of people here don't like Adam's much. I use their Iron Remover and get it for $40-45 a gallon on sale, which is dirt cheap. And some of their other stuff's reasonably priced and works good. Of course their polishes are WTH expensive and I've heard just so-so. But they have a lot of stuff I like using. This UV coating might be an absolutely smash with my customers. Without them even understanding anything, them just seeing UV they'd probably think "this has to be goodness!" UV lighting's some high tech CSI level stuff lol

Post Thanks / Like

To answer a few questions and comments...

RUPES has made significant investment into polishing compound manufacturing and development. We are seeing newer audiences who are being introduced to detailing who have no idea of product history or development. RUPES was very lucky to have Jason Rose join the RUPES team as he was a big part of a number of products which changed dual-action polishing (microfiber pads and the top-performing compounds) and he has brought that expertise to RUPES.

RUPES has a new building in Milan, Italy, dedicated to compound development and unbelievable production. Mentioned earlier in the post, RUPES BigFoot Mille Polishes are really really really good. In fact we have raving reviews of end users using these products on competitive machines and getting mind-blowing results. The new D.A. Corse and D.A. Fine liquids build on this performance to deliver super high performance on any orbital movement - random orbital or gear driven.

Also introduced this year is a new line of ultra-fine finishing products called UNO. UNO is the Italian word for 1, and it represents a family of products which yield incredible results on any tool movement.

UNO PURE is a pure finishing polish which uses exclusive abrasives and a formula in development for more than 2 years to mechanically burnish the surface to an ultra-smooth, ultra-reflective finish. As the name implies, there are no fillers, just pure gloss and reflectivity. Having a problem getting a hologram finish on your rotary, PURE might be your answer. Haze-prone paints giving you headaches on your favorite orbital? PURE...

UNO Protect is an all-in-one product which uses exclusive abrasives to polish the paint, but also lays down a layer of durable (3 months or more) high-gloss protection. It will fill in some defects, but we have used it to fully remove 3000 grit marks (not recommended!!!). It leaves the paint darker, richer, and immediately slicker. A lot of attention has been given to effortless, one-swipe wipe off, even in areas of moderate humidity. In Florida, we might need two wipes, but that is significantly less then anything else I have used in Orlando.

The rapid correction, intense water beading, slick feel, and effortless wipe off are why this product has been so highly regarded in Europe. You can purchase from select domestic retailers now.

Finally, UNO Prime (+ Protect) is an all-in-one which corrects and lays down a layer of sio2 which last for 1 year or more... in one step. Similar to other products in the category, UNO Prime + Protect primes the surface with sio2 to accept pure paint coatings. The wipe off is easy, and the gloss is out of this world.

These 5 products fully realize a philosophical shift in RUPES and based on feedback, customers of RUPES Systems and other brands love our new liquids.

Q-Mag continues RUPES ridiculous innovation.

First gear-driven polisher? RUPES
    First battery powered polisher? RUPES
    First large throw orbital? RUPES
    First double gear reduction rotary? RUPES
    First polisher with multiple movements? RUPES
    First marketing key chains of polishers? RUPES
    First USB promos of battery powered polishers? RUPES
    First 3-inch large diameter Mini orbital? RUPES
    First power tool company to build a polymer/plastic bodied power tool? RUPES
    I could go on...

Q-Mag continues our tradition of showing you what our competitors are going to release next. While it doesn't have huge implications in the detailing market, an innovative use of magnets allows the Q-Mag to switch effortlessly swap from single-action orbital to dual-action random orbital. It also introduces a new way to attach backing plates to tools with magnets. It is actually quite a large innovation and that will have implications in other markets where single-action and dual-action sanders are both desired.

Thanks for the interest, you can see why we are all so proud to work for RUPES and be a part of a great family.

3. Thanks VitreousHumor, mc2hill thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

2020 must be when I can get my Graphene fix without have to go through the rig a ma row

Post Thanks / Like

Mothers

7. Thanks Diner, JustJesus, rlmccarty2000 thanked for this post
    Likes fly07sti, Loach, DetailKitty liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by j.williams@perpetualradiance View Post
    Meg released the Dub Wheel cleaner like 5 years ago and I found it's scent to be pretty interesting. Adam's Iron Remover smells hummm... pleasant to me. Initial smell's actually pretty good, then it has an after-smell hit of stank, but it's pretty minor. And it doesn't hurt it's less than half the price of Iron X. There are a few others that I've used that didn't smell close to as god awful as Iron X and a lot of the others. I couldn't even keep my Sonax Fallout in my garage in a locked cabinet. Adam's stuff I could keep sitting around open and it wouldn't bother me *shrug* So I'm kind of confused how it took Carpro this long to figure it out.

I've noticed their current coating kit's $105 on Amazon compared to $140 on their web site. I can't comment on how well it works, but for the price it looks to be a pretty damn nice kit. If the new one with the light's $110 on Amazon I'd almost certainly try it. The price is the same as their old kit, which it looks like they discontinued, so at least there's that. I know a lot of people here don't like Adam's much. I use their Iron Remover and get it for $40-45 a gallon on sale, which is dirt cheap. And some of their other stuff's reasonably priced and works good. Of course their polishes are WTH expensive and I've heard just so-so. But they have a lot of stuff I like using. This UV coating might be an absolutely smash with my customers. Without them even understanding anything, them just seeing UV they'd probably think "this has to be goodness!" UV lighting's some high tech CSI level stuff lol
    Light is sold separate from kit from what I’ve seen. Don’t know if it’s worthy investment for week end warrior but if I did this for work would be a useful tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Member JWilliams.RadiantDetail's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Light is sold separate from kit from what I’ve seen. Don’t know if it’s worthy investment for week end warrior but if I did this for work would be a useful tool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I see a kit for $140 and a kit with the light for $150. Which tells me it's probably not a very good light lol. Even a dult like me can do a coating without any hiccups so I'm not too sure how useful this light would be to me. And that's not even taking into account it'll only do anything with Adam's new coating. That said, I'll probably buy the kit + light and give it a whirl. it's definitely a cool concept, Adam's has been very active since they merged with whoever they merged with.

Hay I suppose I could also use the light to check the interior for "DNA" to see how clean I got the seats ha. Though I doubt this will work like in SVU episodes as it's a $10 light.

10. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Todd@RUPES View Post
    To answer a few questions and comments...

RUPES has made significant investment into polishing compound manufacturing and development. We are seeing newer audiences who are being introduced to detailing who have no idea of product history or development. RUPES was very lucky to have Jason Rose join the RUPES team as he was a big part of a number of products which changed dual-action polishing (microfiber pads and the top-performing compounds) and he has brought that expertise to RUPES.

RUPES has a new building in Milan, Italy, dedicated to compound development and unbelievable production. Mentioned earlier in the post, RUPES BigFoot Mille Polishes are really really really good. In fact we have raving reviews of end users using these products on competitive machines and getting mind-blowing results. The new D.A. Corse and D.A. Fine liquids build on this performance to deliver super high performance on any orbital movement - random orbital or gear driven.

Also introduced this year is a new line of ultra-fine finishing products called UNO. UNO is the Italian word for 1, and it represents a family of products which yield incredible results on any tool movement.

UNO PURE is a pure finishing polish which uses exclusive abrasives and a formula in development for more than 2 years to mechanically burnish the surface to an ultra-smooth, ultra-reflective finish. As the name implies, there are no fillers, just pure gloss and reflectivity. Having a problem getting a hologram finish on your rotary, PURE might be your answer. Haze-prone paints giving you headaches on your favorite orbital? PURE...

UNO Protect is an all-in-one product which uses exclusive abrasives to polish the paint, but also lays down a layer of durable (3 months or more) high-gloss protection. It will fill in some defects, but we have used it to fully remove 3000 grit marks (not recommended!!!). It leaves the paint darker, richer, and immediately slicker. A lot of attention has been given to effortless, one-swipe wipe off, even in areas of moderate humidity. In Florida, we might need two wipes, but that is significantly less then anything else I have used in Orlando.

The rapid correction, intense water beading, slick feel, and effortless wipe off are why this product has been so highly regarded in Europe. You can purchase from select domestic retailers now.

Finally, UNO Prime (+ Protect) is an all-in-one which corrects and lays down a layer of sio2 which last for 1 year or more... in one step. Similar to other products in the category, UNO Prime + Protect primes the surface with sio2 to accept pure paint coatings. The wipe off is easy, and the gloss is out of this world.

These 5 products fully realize a philosophical shift in RUPES and based on feedback, customers of RUPES Systems and other brands love our new liquids.

Q-Mag continues RUPES ridiculous innovation.

First gear-driven polisher? RUPES
    First battery powered polisher? RUPES
    First large throw orbital? RUPES
    First double gear reduction rotary? RUPES
    First polisher with multiple movements? RUPES
    First marketing key chains of polishers? RUPES
    First USB promos of battery powered polishers? RUPES
    First 3-inch large diameter Mini orbital? RUPES
    First power tool company to build a polymer/plastic bodied power tool? RUPES
    I could go on...

Q-Mag continues our tradition of showing you what our competitors are going to release next. While it doesn't have huge implications in the detailing market, an innovative use of magnets allows the Q-Mag to switch effortlessly swap from single-action orbital to dual-action random orbital. It also introduces a new way to attach backing plates to tools with magnets. It is actually quite a large innovation and that will have implications in other markets where single-action and dual-action sanders are both desired.

Thanks for the interest, you can see why we are all so proud to work for RUPES and be a part of a great family.
    When will Rupes be offering lifetime warranties?

12. Likes KBsToy, Mgavin1985, DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like the keyword at this year's SEMA Show was Ceramic. They put ceramic in everything but tire shine. There are a lot of new products with ceramic. I haven't used any ceramic products yet are they that much better over wax? Hopefully Mike will begin to review the new stuff from SEMA to show us what to buy.
    Bill Strobel
    Owner Independent Towing & Repair
    Fayetteville, NC
    Do It Right or Don't Do It At All

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by theamcguy View Post
    Looks like the keyword at this year's SEMA Show was Ceramic. They put ceramic in everything but tire shine. There are a lot of new products with ceramic. I haven't used any ceramic products yet are they that much better over wax? Hopefully Mike will begin to review the new stuff from SEMA to show us what to buy.
    Is ceramic better than wax....SEMA 2019 New Products - New Products Coming Soon!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast