autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hybrid Solutions- A Brand of it's own!

That’s an issue I have with all those coatings. Better be prepared to like them because they are going to stay on for quite a while.
    Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

Well it's too late in the year now, but come spring I think I will be trying the Hybrid solutions line.
    2018 Colorado ZR2

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pro 4x View Post
    WOW. That is some serious protection and testing! Makes you wonder what will remove it if you want it off?
    I think that any abrasive polish woild.do it. I used the Turtle Wax Clean Finish Polishing Compound to remove the previous layers of Seal N Shine and it took them off and made the paint SQUEAKY clean.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Do chemical torture tests on freshly cured sealant really emulate real world experiences? I personally think that the UV from the sun over 6 months is probably the biggest cause for sealants to breakdown.

Post Thanks / Like

Just received a bottle of the ceramic spray coating. Tried it on the hood of my Mythos Black Audi. Wow, did I get bad streaking. My car has a layer of DG 601/105 applied a month ago. Washed with Reset today and applied the TW ceramic spray to the hood in the shade (85 degrees). Followed directions. Boy is this stuff tenacious. Just to knock down the streaking it took multiple passes with a damp microfiber towel then a wipe down with P21s paint cleanser, then another coating of DG 601/105. Took me an hour to get the hood to 95% streak free. Taking advantage of the free return policy where I bought it. If a product is this fussy I can't deal with it. Back to DG 601/105 topped with Aqua wax. Others may have better results than I did.

I'll also add that judging by how hard it was to remove that If you can get this stuff to lay down evenly it easily has six months longevity if not more.
    Last edited by dennis b; 11-11-2019 at 08:29 PM. Reason: spelling

Post Thanks / Like

Originally not being familiar with the DuraGloss products, I was wondering if there was carnauba or similar wax that the TW didn’t get along with, but quick looking shows they’re just synthetic. Maybe there’s still something in there that the TW didn’t get along with?

Thanks for sharing your experience! Sorry it was a laborious one..

7. Likes dennis b liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

That's what I was thinking. Has to be some incompatibility. But, I watched a Pan the organizer video and he interviewed the lead TW chemist and he said there's some wax (I'm guessing synthetic) in the ceramic formulation. Plus I don't think there should be any compatibility issues since TW markets toward the weekend warriors that buy at the big box stores. How many of them actually decontaminate their paint 100%. Not many, if any.

I think the best way to go about applying the spray ceramic coating is to use the ceramic polish first.

9. Likes oneheadlite liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a similar experience with the Seal N Shine. When I first applied it to the Camaro, I got some pretty nasty streaking. I didn't prep the surface first and there was another sealant on the paint (don't remember exactly which one, it might have been Meg's HCW). Anyway, once I polished the paint with Turtle Wax Clean Finish Polishing Compound, application and removal was a breeze. No smearing or streaking at all.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

Post Thanks / Like

Well there ya go. I didn't prep correctly by removing the DG sealant completely. My mistake thinking the TW ceramic spray coating would be a good topper over DG sealants. I thought it might replace Aquawax and give me more longevity. So it looks like the TW ceramic spray is a stand alone product and not a topper unless it's used over another Hybrid solutions product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DBAILEY View Post
    Do chemical torture tests on freshly cured sealant really emulate real world experiences? I personally think that the UV from the sun over 6 months is probably the biggest cause for sealants to breakdown.
    No, no, and uh-uh. Those tests are just plain silly. They in no way resemble real world problems. They splash APC, degreasers, Iron-X, and too many other chemicals to list that you would never run into on your vehicle. I quit watching these silly torture tests. The manufacturers didn’t ever plan on people testing their products in such asinine ways. Sun/UV and soap are what will most likely degrade any sealant we put on a vehicle.

13. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast