autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hybrid Solutions- A Brand of it's own!

Very interested. Questions...is the spray coating designed to go over the AIO? I’m guessing the wet coat is designed as a drying aid to boost protection? Can the detailer be used the same way?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BTLew81 View Post
    Very interested. Questions...is the spray coating designed to go over the AIO? I’m guessing the wet coat is designed as a drying aid to boost protection? Can the detailer be used the same way?
    I wrote to Turtle Wax and yes, these products are all designed to work together. You just have to wait 24 hours before applying the spray coating over the AIO and 24 hours to wash or do anything to the spray coating. After the 24 hours, you can use the wet wax or spray detailer.
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

3. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don M View Post
    I had a similar experience with the Seal N Shine. When I first applied it to the Camaro, I got some pretty nasty streaking. I didn't prep the surface first and there was another sealant on the paint (don't remember exactly which one, it might have been Meg's HCW). Anyway, once I polished the paint with Turtle Wax Clean Finish Polishing Compound, application and removal was a breeze. No smearing or streaking at all.
    Took your advice about prepping the surface and revisited the application this morning. Applied to trunk lid.
    Wiped the morning dew off.
    Cleaned with P21s paint cleanser.
    Wiped down twice with Griots paint prep.
    Final wipe with distilled water.
    Applied the HS ceramic spray sparingly with one eagle edgeless.
    Buffed with second eagle edgeless.

The result was no streaking and a nice moderately slick and glossy surface. Will probably get slicker as the day goes on. I'm happy now.

So essentially the trunk lid is now my test panel. My car is parked outside 24/7. If I like what I see in a couple of weeks I'll apply it to the entire car. Whether I move forward depends on dust attraction, water spotting, gloss retention and of course durability.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post
    Took your advice about prepping the surface and revisited the application this morning. Applied to trunk lid.

The result was no streaking and a nice moderately slick and glossy surface. Will probably get slicker as the day goes on. I'm happy now.

So essentially the trunk lid is now my test panel. My car is parked outside 24/7. If I like what I see in a couple of weeks I'll apply it to the entire car. Whether I move forward depends on dust attraction, water spotting, gloss retention and of course durability.
    Excellent!
    Don M
    2017 Camaro 2LT
    376 RWHP, 6-Speed manual

6. Likes dennis b liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dennis b View Post

It's been three full weeks and the TWHS coating is failing. The trunk lid beads if you lightly mist it but if I run a hose over it it takes at least 20 seconds for the water to fully evacuate. The water sheets off slowly like a coating that's on it's way out.

Just to add some background. The car sits outside 24/7 in the full sun all day. It's rained hard three times and I've washed the car three times, once with Hyper wash, twice with Reset. I've driven maybe 200 miles, once in the rain. Today after I washed the car (Reset) is when I noticed how slowly the water was sheeting off the trunk lid. The Duragloss 601/105 I applied seven weeks ago to the rest of the car is still going strong and evacuating water fast. This ceramic spray coating reminds me of Mothers CMX. Three good weeks then a noticeable drop off in performance. On the plus side the TW didn't attract dust and I didn't notice any abnormal spotting. I guess If you don't mind applying monthly this could be a good product for you.

JMO. The amount of prep I had to do to get this stuff to lay on streak free is bit much to do on a monthly basis for me. YMMV.

8. Thanks Diner, acuRAS82, PEAD19, Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the true experience, dennis b

10. Thanks dennis b thanked for this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123