autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by d4dawg View Post
    I'm assuming the G9 will be used for future GG6 warranty replacements (when all existing GG6 inventory runs out)?
    Someone replied to their post on Social Media saying they'd try to sell the GG6 to buy this and Griot's replied saying not necessary, to call them and they have an upgrade offer for those with the GG6. So might be like $75 (give or take, I'm guessing) to upgrade via them if you already own the GG6.
    Bruno Soares

2. Thanks Hermes1 thanked for this post
    Likes Hermes1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I see some mentions of 1lb lighter on this thread but after watching their videos about the product, they mentioned 0.5lb lighter. So it might not be as noticeable as one would think. I think the added ergonomics make up for it though, even with same weight this better designed tool would be more comfortable to use.
    Bruno Soares

4. Thanks oneheadlite thanked for this post
    Mike Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    It sure is a nice looking tool Mike.

I have a nice review for it too. By this I mean, I like it. TONS of power.

Buffing out 2 full size Detroit Iron cars really gave me a chance to get a true feel for the tool. I don't do mock-up. Mock up is where a person would buff a spot on a hood and then write a review. Both of the cars I machine polished are cool toys that started out in bad condition.

I'm on the IDA conference call right now, can only do so much multi-tasking.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    Someone replied to their post on Social Media saying they'd try to sell the GG6 to buy this and Griot's replied saying not necessary, to call them and they have an upgrade offer for those with the GG6. So might be like $75 (give or take, I'm guessing) to upgrade via them if you already own the GG6.
    Dang it! I just finished convincing myself not to pull the trigger on the G9, reasoning I already have the GG6 and then you go ahead and post this about a possible upgrade offer which would make it hard not to upgrade. The G9 seems to have answered my prayers of a unit falling somewhere between the GG6 and the Boss. I will have to contact GG and inquire.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

7. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    I see some mentions of 1lb lighter on this thread but after watching their videos about the product, they mentioned 0.5lb lighter. So it might not be as noticeable as one would think. I think the added ergonomics make up for it though, even with same weight this better designed tool would be more comfortable to use.
    Thanks for clarifying. I must've misheard.

Mine's on order. Might ping them to see what the official upgrade fee is for my co-worker.

Mike Phillips

Just an observation that I've shared with my employers and industry leaders over the years,

When it comes to new products in the car detailing industry, people get the most excited about,

1. New tools
    2. New compounds and polishes
    3. New waxes, sealants and ceramic coatings

All of these are PAINT RELATED.

I never really see anyone get excited about things like,

• Carpet cleaner
    • Vinyl dressing
    • Tire dressing
    • etc.

It's all about the paint.

Even at my classes, everyone is excited to use all the different tools, the different buffing pads, compounds and polishes. No one really gets excited to clean interiors or any of the other important but somewhat mundane areas of car detailing.

Just an observation....

So to any company reading this into the future, take note.

10. Likes Thomkirby liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Even with the possibility of a rebate, looks like it's time to convert the GG6 into a 3" DA and pick up one of these, rather than opt for a trade in

12. Likes oneheadlite, Thomkirby, TNcoupe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    Even with the possibility of a rebate, looks like it's time to convert the GG6 into a 3" DA and pick up one of these, rather than opt for a trade in
    Interesting observation - If you look at their updated page for their HD 3" backing plate (specially designed/weighted to go with the GG6), they don't recommend it for the G9. I would guess it's due to the weighting, but there's no mention anywhere for using 3" pads with it in their info I've seen.

Wouldn't be surprised if a new 3" machine is coming too.

Post Thanks / Like

I just spoke with GG and here is the skinny on the GG6 buy back which in fact GG is doing. They took my order over the phone for the G9 and found my previous order for the GG6 which they noted. They will be sending me a shipping label via email and once I send the GG6 back, they will charge my credit card $100.00 and ship the G9 to me saving me $50.00. Looking forward to receiving it and timely to as I have my truck, my wife's car and our 5th wheel to do.
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

15. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Hermes1 View Post
    I just spoke with GG and here is the skinny on the GG6 buy back which in fact GG is doing. They took my order over the phone for the G9 and found my previous order for the GG6 which they noted. They will be sending me a shipping label via email and once I send the GG6 back, they will charge my credit card $100.00 and ship the G9 to me saving me $50.00. Looking forward to receiving it and timely to as I have my truck, my wife's car and our 5th wheel to do.
    Hmm, so they're only paying $49 for the GG6. I know that's probably good if you've had it for a long time but if it's fairly new I think one could get better money for it on a detailing group on FB or marketplace.
    Bruno Soares

17. Likes PaulMys liked this post
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast