autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's
 

» Detailing Classes

New Dates Available for the Autogeek Roadshow!
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 84
  1. #71
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by MarkD51 View Post
    I'd take an educated guess and say they'd likely only send you another GG6 replacement if still in stock which I assume they are, rather than the GG9.

    Unless they request additional $$$ to cover a price difference? One way to find out is by picking up the phone and inquiring.
    You can for sure send in an older GG6 and get any upgrade like the BOSS, I sent in an old GG6 and got a G21, I did have to pay a difference (don't remember the amount) but it was nice for them to offer itm

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  2. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  3. #72
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    I'd like to have a polisher and would go for this new model except for the fact that it will not work in conjunction with their 3" bp. Our new SUV is literally half-covered in plastic exterior trim/cladding and the number of tight spots, narrow areas, nooks & crannies, etc., presents a real problem.

  4. #73
    Senior Member VISITOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    the fact that GG is offering an upgrade (choice) and giving you a choice (no arguments) speaks volumes on how good their CS is (they don't jerk you around) and how they aim to please in keeping your business. i've been a customer for well over 10+ years and some of the reasons that many have listed on here is why i continue to still be a customer. another thing is, GG have no egos and are just good/honest down to earth people and those are the type of people i like to give my hard earned money too as i know they appreciate it. they have a great support team, talented R&D staff, and the sky is the limit as what the future holds...

  5. Likes PaulMys, Cruzscarwash, KBsToy liked this post
  6. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    I would expect that the G9 uses a standard thread, since it supposedly takes the GG 5" vented backing plate. I wonder if it is because of the diameter of the shroud/handgrip that one could not use a 3" PC backing plate on the machine itself.

  7. #75
    Senior Member Rsurfer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    11,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by charlestek View Post
    I would expect that the G9 uses a standard thread, since it supposedly takes the GG 5" vented backing plate. I wonder if it is because of the diameter of the shroud/handgrip that one could not use a 3" PC backing plate on the machine itself.
    You could since the thread is the same, but it will be difficult to see when buffing and out of balance.

  8. #76
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by 57Rambler View Post
    I'd like to have a polisher and would go for this new model except for the fact that it will not work in conjunction with their 3" bp. Our new SUV is literally half-covered in plastic exterior trim/cladding and the number of tight spots, narrow areas, nooks & crannies, etc., presents a real problem.
    You can accomplish a lot with a standard sizes polisher and a 5inch plate. When you learn to really use your polisher it's amazing the places it can get to and polish out, it really minimizes the need for a 3 inch or small, granted there are places it can never go but in most those places no one is even going to know except you and even then most the time you can hand jam those spots.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  9. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  10. #77
    Senior Member VISITOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,808
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    i know many were hoping for a nano (small) polisher from GG. it wouldn't make sense to unveil/introduce it at the same time the G9 came out. SEMA is right around the corner so you never know what else GG is going to come out with and that being the missing piece in their polisher line-up, and i'm sure they are aware of it. looking forward to seeing what else they got cooking in the oven!

  11. Likes oneheadlite, PaulMys, KBsToy liked this post
  12. #78
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    You can accomplish a lot with a standard sizes polisher and a 5inch plate. When you learn to really use your polisher it's amazing the places it can get to and polish out, it really minimizes the need for a 3 inch or small, granted there are places it can never go but in most those places no one is even going to know except you and even then most the time you can hand jam those spots.

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I agree.

    But on some rides (Like my wife's Wrangler), the 3" machine is nice to have.

    But that said, I have become pretty good at using my 5", and doing the Jeep with only the 5" wouldn't be impossible.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

  13. #79
    Senior Member Cruzscarwash's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Desert of California
    Posts
    2,326
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    I agree.

    But on some rides (Like my wife's Wrangler), the 3" machine is nice to have.

    But that said, I have become pretty good at using my 5", and doing the Jeep with only the 5" wouldn't be impossible.
    Wranglers do suck but it's possible, you just need to go slow

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  14. Likes PaulMys liked this post
  15. #80
    Senior Member PaulMys's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    L.I. NY
    Posts
    5,189
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Wranglers do suck but it's possible, you just need to go slow

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Yes sir.
    It is no coincidence that man's best friend cannot talk.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Griots Boss Air 2" backing plate on Griots 3" mini polisher?
    By fightnews in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-31-2019, 03:08 PM
  2. griots 3in polisher
    By stateguy in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 10-02-2015, 10:19 PM
  3. Griots DA Polisher
    By TP143 in forum Porter Cable 7424XP Dual Action Orbital Polisher
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-17-2012, 09:32 AM
  4. Griots DA Polisher!
    By Jomax in forum Auto Detailing Tools and Accessories
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-04-2012, 09:57 AM
  5. Griots polisher (new)
    By KyCatFan in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-23-2009, 07:41 PM

Members who have read this thread: 193

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

» September 2019

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 12345