autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots New G9 Polisher

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    This is the major thing I hate about selling just about everything on any type of social media or app. People don’t want to pay for anything and have no negotiation skills, let alone social skills.

Examples, you list for $100 barely used, they don’t say hi or ask any questions just say, “I’ll give $20” or list something at a low value already and they ask, “what’s the least you’ll take?”

It’s so frustrating to deal with and like you said, doesn’t sell right away and after you get knocked around sometimes you’ll just lowball yourself to get it all over with.
    Exactly!
    Sincerely, Bruce
    2015 Ram Big Horn CC 3500 Cummins DRW w/AISIN tranny

2. Likes KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a 2nd GG6 that is kind of on its way out. Barely been used. If it goes what are odds GG would teolace with this tool as opposed to extra of the third gen gg6 they probably have a lot of laying around?

Post Thanks / Like

thinking out loud.. i wonder if it would be possible/compatible for a battery option at some point?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DMiglio View Post
    This is the major thing I hate about selling just about everything on any type of social media or app. People don’t want to pay for anything and have no negotiation skills, let alone social skills.

Examples, you list for $100 barely used, they don’t say hi or ask any questions just say, “I’ll give $20” or list something at a low value already and they ask, “what’s the least you’ll take?”

It’s so frustrating to deal with and like you said, doesn’t sell right away and after you get knocked around sometimes you’ll just lowball yourself to get it all over with.
    Been there done that ask my buddy Waxmaster1 Posting what I have on auction site and cleaning house.
    Finally with this G9 and my 3" it will be all I need for this driveway detailer to take care of our cars.

Now when AG has a 25% off free shipping that's another story on supplies

Also saw they are coming out with a 25ft cord later on this month .

6. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Likes WaxMaster1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by PaulMys View Post
    Very common. I have seen numerous power tools with bad brushes right out of the box.

Also, it is great maintenance to change your brushes every season (heavy usage) or at least every 3rd season (light use).

For as little as they cost, and how simple they are to swap out, why wait until they fail?
    I bought a brand new GG 3" machine off that auction site for a very good price, but it went funny with only scant few minute's use, and found it to be brushes that had cracked in half. Seemed like the originals were cocked upon installation, tricky little buggers to have them stay in place upon assembly. I had to devise a way so they'd stay put when re-buttoning the machine back together. The GG 3" has no external means of changing brushes. Luckily I had the replacement set in the box.

But with that being said, and while I could be wrong about this, Griots might supply an additional set of Brushes with their machines (not sure about the GG6) but what happens after that, and you need another set somewhere down the road?

AFAIK, Griots does not carry-sell Brush Sets for their machines. I'm pretty sure I asked them that question by phone after I did a self repair on my GG 3".

So, after the second set of brushes goes kaput, then what? You send the unit back and they send another, just because a set of Brushes wore out? If so, that seems kind of dumb, especially with the GG9, which the Brushes seem like a very simple, few minute swap to do.

If I'm wrong about this, someone please correct me as to what Griots has available for their machines?

Post Thanks / Like

I’m pretty sure they’d just send you some brushes if you ran out and that seemed like the issue.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KBsToy View Post
    Been there done that ask my buddy Waxmaster1 Posting what I have on auction site and cleaning house.
    Finally with this G9 and my 3" it will be all I need for this driveway detailer to take care of our cars.

Now when AG has a 25% off free shipping that's another story on supplies

Also saw they are coming out with a 25ft cord later on this month .
    KB is right! I listed a Rupes on the Bay and am already getting beat down on the price. What he/she offered would be an acceptable price in person, but I had to explain I'll be losing over $50 dollars in fees and shipping

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
    CHRIS Aka Waxmaster

10. Likes KBsToy, dpk20x liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madness87 View Post
    I have a 2nd GG6 that is kind of on its way out. Barely been used. If it goes what are odds GG would teolace with this tool as opposed to extra of the third gen gg6 they probably have a lot of laying around?
    I'd take an educated guess and say they'd likely only send you another GG6 replacement if still in stock which I assume they are, rather than the GG9.

Unless they request additional $$$ to cover a price difference? One way to find out is by picking up the phone and inquiring.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Madness87 View Post
    With them doing this upgrade offer and getting a bunch of GG6 back from people, they will have plenty of machines to refurbish and use those on warranty claims. They'll probably say you can pay nothing and get a refurbished GG6 or pay $100 and get a G9.
    Bruno Soares

Post Thanks / Like

You canbl buy the HD Griot 3in plate

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast