autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Post Thanks / Like

Pinnacle Black Label Reserve Wax vs. Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Just got my jar of PBL Reserve Wax and pretty excited to try it out. I am a huge Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax guy too. I am on my 3rd jar. I did a quick comparison of how both compare. IMO they are almost the same. I can't tell until I do an actual side by side comparison. Both look the same, smell the same and feel the same when rubbing them in between your fingers. The difference is that the Souveran is a WOWO and the PBL Reserve is a wait, haze and remove. Additionally, the PBL Reserve is around 2 times the cost (4 ounces at $125 vs $95 8 ounces).

Can someone at PBMG tell me the difference? Hard to tell from my point of view.
    CJ
    2013 Mustang GT w/Track Pack 6-Speed Manual
    Save the Manual!

2. Thanks acuRAS82, Coatingsarecrack thanked for this post
    Likes Coatingsarecrack, SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Pinnacle Black Label Reserve Wax vs. Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax

Sub’d

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kamakaz1961 View Post
    Just got my jar of PBL Reserve Wax and pretty excited to try it out. I am a huge Pinnacle Souveran Paste Wax guy too. I am on my 3rd jar. I did a quick comparison of how both compare. IMO they are almost the same. I can't tell until I do an actual side by side comparison. Both look the same, smell the same and feel the same when rubbing them in between your fingers. The difference is that the Souveran is a WOWO and the PBL Reserve is a wait, haze and remove. Additionally, the PBL Reserve is around 2 times the cost (4 ounces at $125 vs $95 8 ounces).

Can someone at PBMG tell me the difference? Hard to tell from my point of view.
    Hard to tell much by the write up either. I see a lot of big words describing how pure the Brazilian carnuba wax is and multiple descriptions about how much the reserve wax contains by volume. The only thing I don't see is how much "Brazilian carnuba" the reserve wax actually has by volume. Is it 30 - 40%? Maybe it's 75%?

A lot of high end wax waxes state the percentage by volume of the yellow and white carnuba so its not like it would be unusual. The marketing on this one is sounding a little to colorful to me without much substance.

Who is running the pinnacle black label brand now that Bob Mckee sold it? Do they still use the same chemists?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by fightnews View Post
    Hard to tell much by the write up either. I see a lot of big words describing how pure the Brazilian carnuba wax is and multiple descriptions about how much the reserve wax contains by volume. The only thing I don't see is how much "Brazilian carnuba" the reserve wax actually has by volume. Is it 30 - 40%? Maybe it's 75%?

A lot of high end wax waxes state the percentage by volume of the yellow and white carnuba so its not like it would be unusual. The marketing on this one is sounding a little to colorful to me without much substance.

Who is running the pinnacle black label brand now that Bob Mckee sold it? Do they still use the same chemists?
    I’ve always understood that the percentage values weren’t any type of standard. So not totally useful, but I also agree the description doesn’t describe a whole lot.