autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: NEW McKess 37 pollen X

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    You use bead maker when you want more pollen to stick to the paint. Maybe use BM first and then you’ll have plenty of pollen to test Pollen-X on.
    Yeah same thing I was thinking.

Interesting product for sure. While I don't like doing a waterless or rinseless when the car is full of pollen, I would use it after a wash like a detail spray. I wonder how it affects the water behavior of the LSP?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BSoares View Post
    It says it leaves some protection behind and makes the next pollen removal easier. I would take that as it’s not ideal to be used on coatings as it will change then behavior of whatever is touching the coating and therefore not giving you the benefits of a coating.
    Yes, makes sense and certainly could be the case.

Although ONR also leaves polymers behind that makes the next wash easier, and it works just fine on coated vehicles without negatively impacting the characteristics of the coating.

More questions than answers currently with this product.
    ​Al Schmidt
    "Adventure, is a car called Riviera..."

3. Likes PaulMys liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one who doesn't understand this product? I love many of the McKee's products and will continue to use them, but this just seems like they are going way too deep into niche products.

I don't see how this product wouldn't be any different from WW's or RW's which leave behind a sealant or wax. Using them heavily on a pollen covered car would work just the same. If it's too thick, you have to rinse it off to safely clean the car. I also don't understand the "repel automotive surfaces of stubborn pollen" comment. If the pollen is in the air and a car is uncovered, pollen will land on it. The only way to really repel pollen is to cover the vehicle. Coatings or slick sealants will help the pollen stick less to the surface, but if it's in the air and the vehicle is outside, it will still collect pollen.

On a humorous side note, you can tell where McKee's is located as the product copy is very Florida centric talking about tree pollen from "January to April" and grass pollen in the "summer". Around here, the plants don't even start waking up and pollenating until April. Depending on how cold and wet the spring is, it might be even later. At that point EVERYTHING explodes and pollenates at once; flowers, shrubs, trees, grass, everything. Grass does continue on much longer into spring, but seems to taper off in June as things start to dry out from the spring rains.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

I really like how mckees tackles particular problems. I just bought and used their floor mat cleaner and revitalizer. Just another bottle in my collection, but it worked really well. Heck i have a bottle of poorboys bird sh!t remover, so maybe this could be a winner? My only concern would be the other contaminants on the car besides pollen...
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mike@ShineStruck View Post
    We need something for artillery spores. But this could be good too
    I have had pretty good luck using Spray Nine APC. It is a fungicide, bactericide and disinfectant and a pretty damn good APC too.

McKee's 37 Product Support
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm glad to see so much excitement over this product.

To answer a couple common questions....

1. Yes it is compatible with the entire McKee's 37 line, including our ceramic coatings.
    2. Would this be my first choice to remove pollen if I had time and access to a traditional wash? No, because nothing beats flooding the surface with water from a hose. Where this product excels is its ability to help repel pollen. Future cleaning will be much, much easier after using this product.

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Am I the only one who doesn't understand this product? I love many of the McKee's products and will continue to use them, but this just seems like they are going way too deep into niche products.
    If you watch my videos you'll hear me say over and over again....as a problem solving company...

I don't see how this product wouldn't be any different from WW's or RW's which leave behind a sealant or wax. Using them heavily on a pollen covered car would work just the same. If it's too thick, you have to rinse it off to safely clean the car. I also don't understand the "repel automotive surfaces of stubborn pollen" comment. If the pollen is in the air and a car is uncovered, pollen will land on it. The only way to really repel pollen is to cover the vehicle. Coatings or slick sealants will help the pollen stick less to the surface, but if it's in the air and the vehicle is outside, it will still collect pollen.
    Pollen-X shares a lot of its bones with a waterless wash formulation. What we discovered (by accident no less) is just how well this acrylic polymer that we developed resists pollen build up. How? I couldn't tell you, and neither can my chemist, but it's incredible how well this concoction of chemicals works to keep your vehicle clean and shiny. It's magic in a bottle.

On a humorous side note, you can tell where McKee's is located as the product copy is very Florida centric talking about tree pollen from "January to April" and grass pollen in the "summer". Around here, the plants don't even start waking up and pollenating until April. Depending on how cold and wet the spring is, it might be even later. At that point EVERYTHING explodes and pollenates at once; flowers, shrubs, trees, grass, everything. Grass does continue on much longer into spring, but seems to taper off in June as things start to dry out from the spring rains.
    We are indeed located in Florida!

8. Thanks BadgerRivFan thanked for this post
    Likes BadgerRivFan, Vegas1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I’m going to have to try a bottle next spring. I hate pollen.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nick McKees37 View Post
    I'm glad to see so much excitement
    over this product.

2. Would this be my first choice to remove pollen
    if I had time and access to a traditional wash? No,
    because nothing beats flooding the surface with
    water from a hose.

Where this product excels is its ability to help
    repel pollen. Future cleaning will be much,
    much easier after using this product.

If you watch my videos you'll hear me say over
    and over again....as a problem solving company...

What we discovered (by accident no less) is just
    how well this acrylic polymer that we developed
    resists pollen build up. How? I couldn't tell you,
    and neither can my chemist, but it's incredible
    how well this concoction of chemicals works to
    keep your vehicle clean and shiny.

It's magic in a bottle.
    I was hoping that, someday, someone I
    knew would ‘refresh’, and then re-purpose
    (Jeff’s) WERKSTÄT’s polyethylene-acrylic
    nano-scale-polymers formulation?!?!

Bob
    "Be wary of the man who urges an action in which he himself incurs no risk."
    ~Joaquin de Setanti

Post Thanks / Like

Nick, does it repel anything other than pollen, like dust?

Post Thanks / Like

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast