autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Question Can I use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on top of Menzerna Power Lock?

Hi, just wondering if I can apply this combo on my car. I recently bought a HCW to try it out but I'm not sure if I can apply it on top of Power Lock.

Has anyone tried this before?

Mike Phillips

Re: Can I use Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax on top of Menzerna Power Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by azaelalanis View Post
    Hi, just wondering if I can apply this combo on my car. I recently bought a HCW to try it out but I'm not sure if I can apply it on top of Power Lock.

Has anyone tried this before?

I think you would be okay.

Some would say there would be a "bonding" issue but my guess is it will stick to what's left of the Power Lock.

3. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

It's pretty new, but I haven't read or seen it used with Powerlock. I have a brand new leaky bottle sitting here.

Try and let us know .

I'll be trying it shortly on a friends car, when I can polish the panel.

Post Thanks / Like

These spray on rinse off products is very good at bonding to which ever base LSP you have. On some LSP you could have problems with is that the carriers in like say HCW could desolve something on your LSP that gets to be a streaky mess. But this is very unusual to happen and maybe would happen on a show car wax that uses some oil based glossenhancer. It can also happen if you use a car soap which leaves something behind that can be a little mess to handle with. But mostly when you get streaks from these products is that you have used to much of product to rinse clean off the paint. So if you would get streaks just try to rinse it off more and with a lot of water and also spray less per panel. Between 1-5 sprays per panel depending on the size of it is useally what is needed. I stretch these products out a lot and get a great durability also from them. After a thorough rinse after the wash and no drying I start on the roof and spray a total of 4 sprays. And then take a damp mf applicator sponge just so it won't be soaking up the HCW or which product you use. Spread it out even on the wet panel it's fast to do and you don't need to be extremly thorough when spreading it. Then directly after I use a PW to rinse it off start in one corner and rinse off against that corner so you always have product where you nozzle hit the paint. Then when you have covered the panel with the water pressure from the PW. I rinse off back to where I started and done and move to the next panels. And don't do to many panels at the same time. When it's summer warm out I split the roof in 2 or when extreme in 4 as I have a station wagon. And rinse off. Be little extra carefull to rinse off the panels around a little bit in to them so you don't have overspray on them. After I am done with the application. I useally do one extra thorough rinse from top to bottom either with the PW or the hose. With the hose it's great to also do a sheeting rinse from the top and follow the water while it's sheeting off. Low water pressure and you get very little water to dry when done. And it's fun to experiment with the crazy water behavior these products has too at the same time LOL I think when summer months comes and more people useing these products. They get problems with doing to large of surface when spraying it on. And also the overuse of product and it's not sun friendly in any way. If I only do a maintance with spray on rinse off product I just skip to spreading it out with the mf applicator sponge. As it's spread easy with only water then. And if no degrade in the performance it's not so important as if you start with a failed LSP.

If a failed LSP or bare paint do as Meguiars recommend to the initial application. Or look up Loach aka Wax Mode on Youtube how he does. He has gotten really great behavior from HCW. Apex Detailing on Youtube has another great application in his review of the product.

Seems like a great spray on rinse off product HCW. I have used so far Sonax Spray and Seal, Gyeon Wet Coat, Carpro Hydro2 lite and 2 other products not available on AGO. And have been satisfied with them all. Think I will try Gyeon Wet Coat 2019 version as they have done it even more durable and claims 50% longer longevity than the first version. The first version I got easy 2 months longevity from with no degrade and a little over 3 months before failing in some parts and with nothing else applyied on it during this time. And this during the harsh winter months here in Sweden

/ Tony

6. Thanks RamAirV1 thanked for this post