autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mike Phillips

Re: Social media coatings

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post

I wouldn't put ANY faith in that list. They have waxes. sealants, heck...they even have a truck/bedliner product in their list of "Best Ceramic Coatings of 2019"

I think there were only 2 actual coatings in their list. Must be some kinda auto-generated 'list' cuz no human being with even the most basic knowledge of coatings would include most of those items.

Me thinks this new member is a spammer.

I go through pending accounts each morning and on-the-fly throughout the day.

If I have ANY DOUBT about the legitimacy of a new account I simply send the person a polite e-mail asking a few questions.

99.9% of the e-mails I send out are never replied to and this indicates to me the person was in face a spammer.

This new member, sishir - they actually did reply to the e-mail I sent them so I approved their account.

Now in their first/second post to our forum they include a link to what looks like some type of affiliate marketing website.

I checked out the page, it's very fluffy in accurate information and about 2/3rds down the page is a picture of a car from one of my Wednesday night car detailing projects. If you look at the floor you can see our cartoon mascot, Ivan Carstuff. Also if you read the blurb in the blue shadow box it's basically a bunch of gibberish.

I'm a huge believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt so I'll give the guy a chance to explain but if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck....

Post Thanks / Like

I see these products advertised all the time, and it does seem like social media is their preferred route to market, probably because it's essentially free.

Every brand has to start off as an unknown, untried, unproven product. The best product in each class started out as an unknown before people began using it and praising it. These are all in the same boat.

My prediction is that if you took a couple of handfuls of these brands, and checked back on them in 10 years, most will be gone, a few might be the Griot's Garage or McKee's of the detailing world, and one might even become the class product of the category. But everyone has to start somewhere. I don't blame them for trying.

For me though, I'll let others do my experimenting for me. In a few years, when well respected people on this forum or other places tout F11, or another one of these products, I'll give it a try. Until then, I'm sticking with things that people I respect have proved out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Calendyr View Post
    I will disagree with you there. When I look at the after pictures of the jobs I do, the car seems to glow. Gloss can certainly be perceived in pictures.
    Then beadmaker must suck cuz I honestly have seen a beadmaker pick (unless corrected polish first) that’s impressed me...IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    Then beadmaker must suck cuz I honestly have seen a beadmaker pick (unless corrected polish first) that’s impressed me...IMO

I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say... Am I reading this correctly?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    I’m not quite sure what you’re trying to say... Am I reading this correctly?
    I believe he’s trying to say he hasn’t seen a bead maker picture that’s impressed him where the paint hasn’t been polished beforehand.

6. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I believe he’s trying to say he hasn’t seen a bead maker picture that’s impressed him where the paint hasn’t been polished beforehand.

He said “have seen”...

I cannot comprehend what he’s saying.Social media coatingsSocial media coatingslol.

Post Thanks / Like

Social media coatings

He said “have seen”...

I cannot comprehend what he’s saying.Social media coatingsSocial media coatingslol.
    I’m just assuming he left off the n’t cause otherwise it doesn’t mean anything at all lol

Hopefully we get some clarification on the matter, because I’m emotionally invested at this point.

9. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    I’m just assuming he left off the n’t cause otherwise it doesn’t mean anything at all lol

I’ve got a pet peeve when it comes to being left to fill in the blanks for what people were trying to say.Social media coatings

Seriously I have more trouble than you would think trying to decipher what word is supposed to be in place of where it all went to s*** whenever people go south with their typos. It needs to be done right. Is that too much to ask?Social media coatingsSocial media coatingslol.

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve got a pet peeve when it comes to being left to fill in the blanks for what people were trying to say.Social media coatings

Seriously I have more trouble than you would think trying to decipher what word is supposed to be in place of where it all went to s*** whenever people go south with their typos. It needs to be done right. Is that too much to ask?Social media coatingsSocial media coatingslol.
    I totally get that. Sometimes even a single letter can be enough to completely throw off a sentence and I'll just be like "### are they trying to say???" and then they correct themselves and I'm like WOW what's wrong with me.

12. Likes Eldorado2k liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

As for beadmaker I ordered some just to try it out for myself...while I respect most everyone here reviews are subjective. I don't care about longevity if it makes the color pop for two weeks I'll be more then happy

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

14. Likes Coatingsarecrack liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast