autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

I hope to give an update on my findings soon. I have used this product on 3 different vehicles, so to preface I will give this. Then, will report more.

Vehicle 1: Mine, 2013 Mazda 3, applied March 3rd, only used on GLASS. Glass was clayed, polished and coated with Mothers. Sat in garage for 2 days after detail (polished and coated rest of car but paint was with carpro). Rained a bit today in Orlando, at about 35mph, water came off pretty easy. Car is in garage overnight, then of course outside during work.

Vehicle 2
    : 2018 Ford Mustang, applied only on GLASS. Applied: March 10th -- Glass was only fully washed, iron remover, clayed and then coated. Car sits outside 24/7. This is my friends car that I see often, so hoping to update you all soon.

Vehicle 3: 2017 Jeep, Applied to PAINT and GLASS. Applied: Feb 17th. Paint and Glass was fully washed, iron remover, clayed, and then coated with Mothers CMX. This car also sits outside 24/7. This is also a friends car that I see often, and I know for a fact this car has not been washed since. In the name of science and such, I will at the very least wash the hood and then use the hose to check water behavior.

All cars in Orlando, FL (I know people care to know about climate which is 100% understandable)

Those are the details for now, I will hopefully report back sooner than later.

2. Thanks yggdrasilsys, Diner thanked for this post
    Likes mwoolfso liked this post
    Newbie Member
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RobertJ34 View Post
    I hope to give an update on my findings soon. I have used this product on 3 different vehicles, so to preface I will give this. Then, will report more.

Vehicle 1: Mine, 2013 Mazda 3, applied March 3rd, only used on GLASS. Glass was clayed, polished and coated with Mothers. Sat in garage for 2 days after detail (polished and coated rest of car but paint was with carpro). Rained a bit today in Orlando, at about 35mph, water came off pretty easy. Car is in garage overnight, then of course outside during work.

Vehicle 2
    : 2018 Ford Mustang, applied only on GLASS. Applied: March 10th -- Glass was only fully washed, iron remover, clayed and then coated. Car sits outside 24/7. This is my friends car that I see often, so hoping to update you all soon.

Vehicle 3: 2017 Jeep, Applied to PAINT and GLASS. Applied: Feb 17th. Paint and Glass was fully washed, iron remover, clayed, and then coated with Mothers CMX. This car also sits outside 24/7. This is also a friends car that I see often, and I know for a fact this car has not been washed since. In the name of science and such, I will at the very least wash the hood and then use the hose to check water behavior.

All cars in Orlando, FL (I know people care to know about climate which is 100% understandable)

Those are the details for now, I will hopefully report back sooner than later.

Looking forward to hear from you.
    On the edge about buying a bottle

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    Thanks for the feedback and input. its not easy doing my "real" job in sales; traveling to see customers AND watching numerous forums for feedback, comments and questions. I don't know of any other appearance chemical company who does a better job of monitoring forms.

Please know that your observations come as a surprise to us, as our findings are not in line with what we are reading here or with our numerous test subjects throughout the country. We are working diligently to get to the bottom of it, working hand in hand with our chemists and field testers.

Rest assured your feedback does not go unnoticed, nor is it ignored. Please stay tuned, as we are always looking for ways to improve and innovate.

If I've disappointed you, I'm sorry.
    Thank you for posting!

Myself and others on AG and sister site, along with well established retailers, seem to have the same results. I'd be more than willing to work with Mothers if they have any questions or further input/testing.

Thanks again!

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Thank you for posting!

Myself and others on AG and sister site, along with well established retailers, seem to have the same results. I'd be more than willing to work with Mothers if they have any questions or further input/testing.

Thanks again!
    PM Sent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    PM Sent.
    The plan we spoke about isn't working out either, it's not even coming close to holding a candle light to PNS, sucks because I bought 6 bottles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Same problem we have with waxes and sealants. No clear definitions, only a vague notion kinda-sorta agreeded upon by the community.

For a while, the coatings were pretty easily defined as the products which came in tiny bottles, had a high SiO2 content (or similar) and lasted several years. Now days, you have products with similar chemical make up, come in a spray form to make them easier to apply, and can last anywere from a few weeks like CMX to six months like CanCoat. No idea what to call them.
    Sorry I haven't responded in a bit. Coatings are a generic term and paint is considered a coating just as much as a temporary layer of x. At the end of the day, caveat emptor my friends. The market for these types of detailing products is diverse and chaotic. What works in AZ may not work as well in FL, which may not work as well in MA or NY .. vice versa and all other permutations. By the time consumers get intelligent about the latest SiO2 products, everything changes.

Post Thanks / Like

I did purchase one bottle of CMX to say I owned the hype... but I didn’t have crazy expectations despite everything being written and talked about. It’s a $20 OTC SiO2 maintenance topper with a bit of TiO2. It seems to behave and last consistent with these realities. I’m not shocked or disappointed and have nothing against Mothers for this.

“It is what we <should have> thought it was!” and that’s OK. Can’t really fault the bottle for marketing “coating” to average Joe’s. Can you imagine the mainstream complaints Mothers would get if this was a true coating lite for average Joe, then Joe finds out bottle hardens in 6 months and any bit of overspray permanently causes sandpaper grit texture to whatever it touches?

9. Likes Hazcat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post

“It is what we <should have> thought it was!”

11. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes acuRAS82 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by acuRAS82 View Post
    Can you imagine the mainstream complaints Mothers would get if this was a true coating lite for average Joe, then Joe finds out bottle hardens in 6 months and any bit of overspray permanently causes sandpaper grit texture to whatever it touches?
    that right there. a company like mothers can't sell a UK 3.0 because there are too many idiots at autozone. You need to do your research to even find a bottle of coating for sale, and by then you'll have an idea that it's far from idiot proof. Heck, people still get upset about getting wax in their trim lol.
    2009 Pontiac G8GT
    2015 Ford Explorer Limited
    2019 Chevy Silverado RST Z71

13. Likes acuRAS82, 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah never bought in as mothers does well, meguiars too, at selling to the masses. 80-90 percent don’t take their paint as serious as we do. But a lot have heard of coatings,

Their are the corner cutters “knew I didn’t have to spend $1000 to have that guy coat my care, I’m smarter than the would”.

The person who sees buys “new and improved”

The person who just does general maintenance on paint.

These are people who are much more profitable than we are and that’s mothers niche. New amazing products that change industries usually have a price associated. Mothers or megs.

Think about it like this. Mass markets are the Honda, Toyota, Kia crowds. Geeks more like the Ferrari, Tesla, Bugatti buyers.

VW owns Bentley, Lamborghini and Bugatti. Never see a commercial for them as people who want those buy those. The mass advertise VW Audi and Porsche cuz that’s where monies at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839 LastLast