autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Ouch CMX “outdated” already? I am not pleased with its performance as a stand alone product, but it is still better than 90% of the topper (Reload) type products on the market. CMX will hold up 3-4X longer than most toppers and beats them in price. I’m still waiting to see if CMX will mix with ECH2O to boost my drying aid. The bottles Mothers uses for CMX (similar to 303) make it difficult (for me) to remove the sprayer.

Sorry I may have come off wrong, so far I love CMX and it has NOT been downgraded for me.

I meant all my older spray waxes (Megs UQW which I have a lot of) and other waxes will get used under the hood and wheel wells.

I would like to see how CMX and Ech2o do as well. Honestly with ease of use of the spray and rinse products at affordable price points, like 303 touchless sealant. Its probably easy to apply CMX and then do follow up with a touchless Sio2 like 303 or use Megs HCW as a wax as you dry product.

I'll try a spray and rinse on my grill and wheels once its warm enough. I'm trying to maximize my time and do less. My last resort is to UK3.0, coupled with a touchless Si02 every 2 to 4 months.

2. Likes yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Ouch CMX “outdated” already? I am not pleased with its performance as a stand alone product, but it is still better than 90% of the topper (Reload) type products on the market. CMX will hold up 3-4X longer than most toppers and beats them in price. I’m still waiting to see if CMX will mix with ECH2O to boost my drying aid. The bottles Mothers uses for CMX (similar to 303) make it difficult (for me) to remove the sprayer.
    If I’m correct it’s only been out since early February. Most have had less than 3weeks? Definitely not enough time to quantify “better than 90% and 3-4 times longer”. Like beadmaker I’ve seen mixed reviews on it.... I hope it turns out to be a good product. Great price from great company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

so, I'm to the point now that I don't think ill be buying CMX ever again, and I am regretting buying 6 bottles up front. unless something dramatic chances its nothing over the top at all.

this morning I woke up and it was raining pretty good here in the desert, now my car hasn't been washed in I think 2 weeks and the last wash I did, there was basically no sheeting or beading at all on the CMX side or the HCW side. after the car did sheet the water from the pressure washed panel you can see that HCW released more dirt then CMX but neither were anything like a coating or PNS or fk100p. now I haven't topped the car off with anything at all and when I got out to my car the hood was beading like it did on day one on both CMX and HCW sides and the windshield shed water as it did since the day it was applied as well. so while these products don't shed dirt like I would have hoped they would they are protecting the paint in someway, I'm not sure why they are beading more now then when they were washed down. the car should have more dirt on them now then they did then. so I'm a little confused, still not as happy with them as I thought id be, I still think HCW is a better option the Xpress wax for a regular wash drying aid and could be used on a entry level wash package. the prices for them is still good, the performance is just not where my mind thought or hoped they would be.

5. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

So basically, if you have a gallon of D156 don't bother replacing it with CMX until you run out?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    so, I'm to the point now that I don't think ill be buying CMX ever again, and I am regretting buying 6 bottles up front. unless something dramatic chances its nothing over the top at all.

this morning I woke up and it was raining pretty good here in the desert, now my car hasn't been washed in I think 2 weeks and the last wash I did, there was basically no sheeting or beading at all on the CMX side or the HCW side. after the car did sheet the water from the pressure washed panel you can see that HCW released more dirt then CMX but neither were anything like a coating or PNS or fk100p. now I haven't topped the car off with anything at all and when I got out to my car the hood was beading like it did on day one on both CMX and HCW sides and the windshield shed water as it did since the day it was applied as well. so while these products don't shed dirt like I would have hoped they would they are protecting the paint in someway, I'm not sure why they are beading more now then when they were washed down. the car should have more dirt on them now then they did then. so I'm a little confused, still not as happy with them as I thought id be, I still think HCW is a better option the Xpress wax for a regular wash drying aid and could be used on a entry level wash package. the prices for them is still good, the performance is just not where my mind thought or hoped they would be.
    What soap are you using to wash the car?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    What soap are you using to wash the car?
    this was in a coin op, so whatever they have in their tubs

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    So basically, if you have a gallon of D156 don't bother replacing it with CMX until you run out?
    I guess it depends on you and how you use it, how often you wash, if you are washing in regular intervals you are likely good with D156, if you go longer between washes CMX might be worth it for you. I think it is still protecting the paint in some way, UVA/UVB wise. spray wax was just a really really good drying aid and had great gloss for the price but for me doesn't last long at all, if I kept up with regular washes it was fine (my base is normally fk1000P or PNS) now that I think about it, I haven't tried HCW or CMX over PNS or FK so maybe its might change when its combo'd.. hmmm IDK.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    If I’m correct it’s only been out since early February. Most have had less than 3weeks? Definitely not enough time to quantify “better than 90% and 3-4 times longer”. Like beadmaker I’ve seen mixed reviews on it.... I hope it turns out to be a good product. Great price from great company

The reason I said “better than 90% and 3-4 times longer” is that I have personally tested 12-14 toppers and only got 2 weeks durability out of the majority of them. CMX will last 6-8 weeks easily. CMX is not a coating, but it beats most in its class especially if you factor in price.

Post Thanks / Like

The reason I said “better than 90% and 3-4 times longer” is that I have personally tested 12-14 toppers and only got 2 weeks durability out of the majority of them. CMX will last 6-8 weeks easily. CMX is not a coating, but it beats most in its class especially if you factor in price.
    That makes sense. Gotten at least a month on everything I’ve used mighta been longer except 3 months I let hydrosilex ride. Not to blame other stuff as was still beading... just felt like topping. With that being said getting at least a month I was extrapolating 4-6 months. So other than Premier and Over coat. Is their any thing else your liking?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatingsarecrack View Post
    That makes sense. Gotten at least a month on everything I’ve used mighta been longer except 3 months I let hydrosilex ride. Not to blame other stuff as was still beading... just felt like topping. With that being said getting at least a month I was extrapolating 4-6 months. So other than Premier and Over coat. Is their any thing else your liking?

Is it spray on wipe off product you look for?

Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast