autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    I have an old towel that came with my either turtle wax ice or Eagleone Nano wax (from way back in the day). It won't absorb water at all. I am not surprised that new formulas have the same end result.
    I have towels that become hydrophobic, but that doesn’t stop me from tossing them in the washing machine. That’s why there’s a hot water setting and good microfiber detergents to choose from.Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Post Thanks / Like

Forrest, do you have an ETA yet for the release of this product?

Btw, washing mf towels in hot water isn't the best idea, the heat can damage the fibers. Treat them well and they'll treat you well (more importantly treat your paint finish well]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post
    Forrest, do you have an ETA yet for the release of this product?

Btw, washing mf towels in hot water isn't the best idea, the heat can damage the fibers. Treat them well and they'll treat you well (more importantly treat your paint finish well]

They have posted the ETA a few post up for online and stores.

I've found that warm water to wash and no heat to dry is the best method for washing the towels

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. Thanks Klasse Act thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Klasse Act View Post

If my microfiber towels are heavily soiled I wash them on hot water setting. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with using hot water. Griots Garage even recommends it on their label.

There’s people who’ve been known to boil their microfiber towels with no adverse effects.

There’s alot of misinformation regarding heat and microfiber on our end [detailers] I honestly think we’ve been fed incorrect information. Iirc the whole heat issue is in regards to how it’s manufactured, not so much how the final product is handled. I could be wrong on the details but I heard the real deal a long time ago, and it didn’t come from the detailing world.. It came from a manufacturer.

Have you ever used your steamer? I bet you used it with microfiber towels, because last time I checked that’s how every detailer on youtube preaches the gospel. Were they completely ruined afterwards? No. So how does anyone explain that?

6. Thanks KBsToy thanked for this post
    Likes Mantilgh liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I'm following the directions for the best mf towels I've ever used. These towels have been constructed to HIS specs and I can only assume he got the care info from his mfg directly and it says cold water and if you can't air dry them, then low to no heat tumble dry. I know this, I love these towels and I'm following the rulesMother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    No, they don't harden but they do repel water really well.
    This! Since I’ve been testing several SiO2 topper type products my towels, even after being washed, repel water. I’m going to start using one type of towel for these type of product and wash them separately. They DO cross contaminate also. I tried vinegar, extra soap, extra hot water, washing twice, and nothing helped. I can’t pinpoint which product caused the problem since I tested 12 or so. Just a warning to other Geeks. I ruined about 50 towels and it never had happened before.

9. Thanks Cruzscarwash thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    This! Since I’ve been testing several SiO2 topper type products my towels, even after being washed, repel water. I’m going to start using one type of towel for these type of product and wash them separately. They DO cross contaminate also. I tried vinegar, extra soap, extra hot water, washing twice, and nothing helped. I can’t pinpoint which product caused the problem since I tested 12 or so. Just a warning to other Geeks. I ruined about 50 towels and it never had happened before.
    This creates a new standard. The more we know the better.

11. Likes Cruzscarwash liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Dryer heat ruined some of my towels both on holding water and ability to clean the rag company talks about what heat does to the fiber. I just remember heat over a certain temp is bad.... but can’t remember what the temp was it was a YouTube video collaboration between Pan @ Rag Company caring for microfiber or something like that

Post Thanks / Like

warm water with an extra rinse cycle and into the dryer on the lowest heat setting. been doing this for years with great results...

Post Thanks / Like

While I haven't experimented with any of this new generation of SIO2 spray waxes, I've found soaking my MF towels after applying CanCoat has prevented them from becoming hydrophobic or crusty/hard.

Before I start the application I fill a small bucket with water and drop in a small measure of APC. The minute I finish with a towel I'll dunk it in the bucket and it will stay there for the day. The towels then go from the bucket to the washing machine. So far, I've been able to do multiple applications with the same set of towels. I don't have many, so I have to make them last as long as possible.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

15. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
Page 13 of 39 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast