autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    I think you’re referring to the whiteness of a water-based tire dressing compared to a solvent based tire dressing.

Why is the color of CMX important? CMX is an emulsion. It contains water and solvent, but meets all VOC requirements and does not require safety equipment like respirators or gloves.
    There is a lot of excitement surrounding CMX and not a lot of hands on or reviews of the product.. Normally a coating is clear. The pictures of CMX are of a white liquid similar to Reload type sealant toppers. I have no problem with the color of CMX. If it lasts 6 months at the price it will be a fantastic product. Amazon is no longer taking orders for CMX. Must be all of the preorders.

2. Likes 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    There is a lot of excitement surrounding CMX and not a lot of hands on or reviews of the product.. Normally a coating is clear. The pictures of CMX are of a white liquid similar to Reload type sealant toppers. I have no problem with the color of CMX. If it lasts 6 months at the price it will be a fantastic product. Amazon is no longer taking orders for CMX. Must be all of the preorders.
    I agree! It's so cold and my car is caked in salt, I'll wait to buy it until its readily available shortly.

Post Thanks / Like

I think you’re referring to the whiteness of a water-based tire dressing compared to a solvent based tire dressing.

Why is the color of CMX important? CMX is an emulsion. It contains water and solvent, but meets all VOC requirements and does not require safety equipment like respirators or gloves.
    forrest, do the microfiber towels harden up after removing the product and need to be washed immediately or discarded?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by VISITOR View Post
    forrest, do the microfiber towels harden up after removing the product and need to be washed immediately or discarded?
    As of today I'm discarding them (since I have plenty), but we haven't come up with a suggested care method for towels after use. I've sent some used towels to friends who are in the microfiber business and asked them for suggestions.

6. Thanks VISITOR thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I had a cat pee on my towels last week and I haven't even discarded those. Must be nice to have too many

8. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hogie View Post
    I had a cat pee on my towels last week and I haven't even discarded those. Must be nice to have too many
    I just sneak out in the warehouse when no one is paying attention to me (which is basically all the time) and grab a case of towels.

Seriously, it's been less than 6 towels in the 7 months of final product testing since they've been body panels and not the entire vehicle. I'm waiting for some good cleaning instructions - I don't like the idea of tossing perfectly good towels, either.

Post Thanks / Like

I just sneak out in the warehouse when no one is paying attention to me (which is basically all the time) and grab a case of towels.

Seriously, it's been less than 6 towels in the 7 months of final product testing since they've been body panels and not the entire vehicle. I'm waiting for some good cleaning instructions - I don't like the idea of tossing perfectly good towels, either.
    So does that mean that the towels harden after use?

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

No, they don't harden but they do repel water really well.

12. Likes Loach liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

No, they don't harden but they do repel water really well.
    With all due respect, why is it that you haven’t figured out how to wash those towels? Seems like a normL wash in hot water with a dedicated microfiber detergent should suffice. It sounds like you haven’t even attempted to wash them?

Post Thanks / Like

I have an old towel that came with my either turtle wax ice or Eagleone Nano wax (from way back in the day). It won't absorb water at all. I am not surprised that new formulas have the same end result.

Page 12 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast