autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    How many times do you deep clean your leather?
    I usually vacuum my seats along with the rest if the interior, followed by a wipedown with leather cleaner about every 2 weeks [minimum once per month]

I have light colored interior on both cars so I like to stay on top of it and it never really gets dirty.

It’s been 3 weeks since I wiped the seats down. I’m going to try it tomorrow.

2. Likes dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    No plans for gallons in 2019 at present. If there’s demand that could change.

I’ve not tried it as a topper. Why would you want to top one ceramic with another?
    Forrest you have to look at the ceramic coating market today. Most manufacturers are stating 2 years as the max on a consumer coating product and then each manufacturer has a topper, like Reload, to extend the capabilities of the coating. Most of us like the 2 year coating but are not happy with the short life of the topper. Most of the toppers die off after two weeks even though the manufacturers claim is sometimes 6 months. If your new product actually provides 1 year of protection then it hits the middle of the market, kind of a coating lite, as it Can Coat, Moonlight. Most of us work hard to remove scratches and swirls and don’t want to polish again quickly so making a coating last as long as possible is the goal.

I’m guessing your product may not be aimed at the enthusiast market and be more for the normal guy that is looking for something faster and better than wax. We are looking for a better coating or a maintenance product for our coating. At least this is what I hear on every forum I frequent. Gloss/shine, durability/longetivity, marr/scratch resistance are what we are looking for. The people on this forum are the extremists, for the most part. Like the old Zaino guys that would brag about how many coats they were putting on their cars. Now it’s layers of coatings and a super topper like CarPro Gliss followed by a maintenance SiO2 topper. A ceramic over a ceramic over a ceramic. Ours is not to reason why....

4. Likes DetailZeus, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I think many of the current coatings are too expensive for a yearly refresh, especially since the bottle gels up once you crack it open. I think you guys can hit the right price point. I'd love to see more spray and wipe products with legit durability and protection against bugs, water spots, bird bombs, & grime. Similar to Cancoat and I'd even say PNS since it's spray & wipe even though it's a sealant (does it really matter if it lasts?).

6. Likes DETAILROOKIE, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I agree. I think many of the current coatings are too expensive for a yearly refresh, especially since the bottle gels up once you crack it open.
    I have a large inventory of coatings that have been opened and re-sealed with zero issues. In terms of costs for a yearly refresh, meh....the cost of the product is really minimal. It's the cost of my time to re-polish and re-coat my vehicles that I wish I could get back. That said, I redo my vehicles every year mainly because once they experience an Ohio Winter, it's hard to avoid not needing to physically decontaminate them and perhaps a light re-fresh with something like Gyeon's CanCoat would work, I dive into a full polish to keep them looking 10/10.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

8. Likes DetailZeus, Jon TDS, dlc95 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DetailZeus View Post
    I agree. I think many of the current coatings are too expensive for a yearly refresh, especially since the bottle gels up once you crack it open. I think you guys can hit the right price point. I'd love to see more spray and wipe products with legit durability and protection against bugs, water spots, bird bombs, & grime. Similar to Cancoat and I'd even say PNS since it's spray & wipe even though it's a sealant (does it really matter if it lasts?).
    I have used a few coatings and have had extra in the bottles after using some of them. Cquartz TiO2, CQUK, CQUK 3.0, Optimum Gloss Coat, CarPro Gliss, Gyeon Mohs, Gyeon Syncro, Gyeon CanCoat have all been fine after they were opened and sat on the shelf for some time. A couple coatings that crystallizes rather quickly are Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light and Exo. I have had an unopened bottle of Gtechniq CSL crystallize over the course of 1 year.

10. Thanks DetailZeus, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes dlc95, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

When is Mother's CMX being released?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Autogeekonline mobile app
    '03 Corvette Z06

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Look for it in late January by the time it gets shipped to our distributors.

13. Likes JKDesign, yakky liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Did a quick search and saw this
    CMX Ceramic Spray Co by MOTHERS POLISH

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by klix58 View Post
    Did a quick search and saw this
    CMX Ceramic Spray Co by MOTHERS POLISH
    Says it ships in 10-15 days. Not in stock. I would wait if I was you.

Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never heard of this etailer, and we haven’t shipped production product to any one, let alone them.

I’d be leery of giving them money.

17. Thanks rlmccarty2000, KBsToy thanked for this post
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast