autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Being first to the marketplace is not always the best. I have developed quite a few products that are still being used in industry today and many of my competitor's would rush their products to market before they were perfected. I would make sure that my products had none of the features that caused the problems of my competitors.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    If this can be used as a drying aid I'm gonna need this to be sold in gallons.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    I wouldn’t think you would want to use a product that lasts 12 months as a drying aid. I use drying aids to help with slickness so the towels don’t mar the paint. My drying aid right now is ECH2O with an SiO2 spray for a touch of durability. You want the cheapest product that works for a drying aid unless you only wash your car once a year and have no LSP. If I am missing something let me know.

The longest lasting spray SiO2 product currently sold by AG is IGL Ecocoat Premier and it costs a whole lot more than the new Mother’s product. This could be THE product of 2019.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I wouldn’t think you would want to use a product that lasts 12 months as a drying aid. I use drying aids to help with slickness so the towels don’t mar the paint. My drying aid right now is ECH2O with an SiO2 spray for a touch of durability. You want the cheapest product that works for a drying aid unless you only wash your car once a year and have no LSP. If I am missing something let me know.

The longest lasting spray SiO2 product currently sold by AG is IGL Ecocoat Premier and it costs a whole lot more than the new Mother’s product. This could be THE product of 2019.
    I'm an IGL installer and yes premier cost a pretty penny, which is why if this last half as long as they claim it will be a steal as a drying aid. I've used everything AG has to offer as a drying aid and for where I am none are great. I've used and know other who use cancoat as a drying aid and it's more to give the coating the best sacrificial layer possible whenever we wash because we are in the end obsessed with our rides being perfect. So if a 19.99 bottle last me 3 months worth of washes.. I'm game all day

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    I’m more interested in bringing a great performing product to market than bringing a product to market first.

With a family owned business, sometimes the decisions made won’t always make sense to outsiders. And we may have an MBA or 2 around.
    Forrest is Mothers allowed to let us know the percentage of SiO2 and TiO2 within the product? Or is this proprietary information to Mothers?

5. Likes SWETM, KBsToy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Will this be sold In a gallon??

CAN it be used as a topper on other ceramics??

Per the Mothers site

Introducing Mothers CMX™ Ceramic Spray Coating, an affordable, user-friendly, professional grade, ultra-durable, super-hydrophobic protection formula. Just spray on and wipe off, with this game-changing SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide) and TiO2 (Titanium Dioxide) blend. This powerhouse combo provides ultra long-term protection from the elements and relentless water beading, without sacrificing true optical clarity, extreme depth and that signature ceramic glass-like liquidy-gloss appearance. Use as a stand-alone product, or as a booster over your existing sealant or ceramic coating. Washing and caring for your vehicle has never been easier.

I'm an IGL installer and yes premier cost a pretty penny, which is why if this last half as long as they claim it will be a steal as a drying aid. I've used everything AG has to offer as a drying aid and for where I am none are great. I've used and know other who use cancoat as a drying aid and it's more to give the coating the best sacrificial layer possible whenever we wash because we are in the end obsessed with our rides being perfect. So if a 19.99 bottle last me 3 months worth of washes.. I'm game all day

Could always give Meguiar's Ceramic Wax a try as a drying aid.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Per the Mothers site

Introducing Mothers CMXMother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING Ceramic Spray Coating, an affordable, user-friendly, professional grade, ultra-durable, super-hydrophobic protection formula. Just spray on and wipe off, with this game-changing SiO2 (Silicon Dioxide) and TiO2 (Titanium Dioxide) blend. This powerhouse combo provides ultra long-term protection from the elements and relentless water beading, without sacrificing true optical clarity, extreme depth and that signature ceramic glass-like liquidy-gloss appearance. Use as a stand-alone product, or as a booster over your existing sealant or ceramic coating. Washing and caring for your vehicle has never been easier.

Could always give Meguiar's Ceramic Wax a try as a drying aid.
    From all the things I've seen you still need to activate it with water, that I'm trying to avoid

Post Thanks / Like

From all the things I've seen you still need to activate it with water, that I'm trying to avoid

Check out WaxMode's videos now that he just added another video. He goes into the application process pretty thoroughly. You would essentially be using it as you dry with the surface already wet. Unless you are not actually washing the vehicle. Then you can use the Apex Detailing method. You always have Bead Maker as another option as that has taken the detailing world by storm.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    Check out WaxMode's videos now that he just added another video. He goes into the application process pretty thoroughly. You would essentially be using it as you dry with the surface already wet. Unless you are not actually washing the vehicle. Then you can use the Apex Detailing method. You always have Bead Maker as another option as that has taken the detailing world by storm.
    Still not sure a out pulling the trigger on bead maker, it sounds good in so many ways but I just can't bring myself to do it

Post Thanks / Like

Still not sure a out pulling the trigger on bead maker, it sounds good in so many ways but I just can't bring myself to do it

Forgot to toss in CarPro Elixir as well. All ready pre-mixed and you could sell a bottle to your customers.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by packfan View Post
    I have engineering degree, a Professional Engineer's license, an MBA, and 6 other professional certifications. I've studied plenty thank you. If I were 10 years younger, I'd get my PhD, but would rather one or two of my kids aspire to top mom and dad's education levels.
    If I were 10 years younger I would wrassle unicorns.......

The accumulation of knowledge makes one smart. Not intelligent. The smartest people know the know more nothing than more everything.

Also would know neither of these are first or even second to market.

Funny that mothers has A LOT of products similar meguiars that meguiars probably put out first. Still in business..... weird....

I’m done now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast