autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by heloguy View Post
    Has anyone used CMX on their windows? I'm curious to try, but a little apprehensive. I just spent a couple days removing Rain-X from my windows, and it was a bear. Don't want to go through that again.

See my thread, I applied to all windows, panoramic sunroof, rear windshield. Most recently to my front windshield. It has not rained to see how the front does, but did ok on rest of glass.

I did order Griots Garage glass sealant from last sale and get it today lol. I debated between all the coatings and was down to Aquapel, Gtechniq G5 and Griots. Its supposedly lasts 1 to 5 months from reviews. Seems easy enough to apply and remove so will see how it does. I did pull my back today so wont be detailing for a couple of weeks now lol.

I'm also hoping to run the CMX at least once in rain storm to see how front windshield does.

2. Likes heloguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone used CMX on their windows? I'm curious to try, but a little apprehensive. I just spent a couple days removing Rain-X from my windows, and it was a bear. Don't want to go through that again.
    I polished and then applied Mothers CMX on Friday night, car wasn't out of garage until today (Monday at 7:30am) due to a full polish/coating process. Rained a bit here in Orlando for about 10 mins today, I was driving, water came off like a quality product. Time will tell, but so far I am happy.

4. Likes heloguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I decided to do a Ech2o RW and followed it up with Ech20 spray detailer to put a coat of protection in before the snow.
    With the little bit of snow we got overnight, my truck was completely covered in salt and road grime today.
    My plan was to use the foam cannon first, then wash with the mitt, dry, and apply CMX to the whole truck including windows.
    After drying I decided to apply CMX to the windows first, as I was running out of daylight and warmth.
    The windows were done without a hitch, and I’m satisfied with the clarity and how the product was wiped clean after bonding.
    When I looked at the vehicle from a distance, I noticed how glossy and shiny it was.
    I figured no need for CMX today, as I already have 3 coats on it.
    I’m pleasantly pleased and impressed with how glossy the truck looks.
    Not sure if it’s from the Ech2o or the original layers of CMX.
    How long does Ech2o detailer last? Will it survive a washing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks 392hemi thanked for this post
    Likes 392hemi liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday, I decided to do a Ech2o RW and followed it up with Ech20 spray detailer to put a coat of protection in before the snow.
    With the little bit of snow we got overnight, my truck was completely covered in salt and road grime today.
    My plan was to use the foam cannon first, then wash with the mitt, dry, and apply CMX to the whole truck including windows.
    After drying I decided to apply CMX to the windows first, as I was running out of daylight and warmth.
    The windows were done without a hitch, and I’m satisfied with the clarity and how the product was wiped clean after bonding.
    When I looked at the vehicle from a distance, I noticed how glossy and shiny it was.

Ech2o adds a decent amount of gloss and is Si02 based. Itll last me a couple of rainstorms. I just always wash with ech2o and use it at QD strength too for quick wipedowns.

On my car when new, no LSP and no beading, it lasted me 2 rainstorms.

8. Likes heloguy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    See my thread, I applied to all windows, panoramic sunroof, rear windshield. Most recently to my front windshield. It has not rained to see how the front does, but did ok on rest of glass.

I did order Griots Garage glass sealant from last sale and get it today lol. I debated between all the coatings and was down to Aquapel, Gtechniq G5 and Griots. Its supposedly lasts 1 to 5 months from reviews. Seems easy enough to apply and remove so will see how it does. I did pull my back today so wont be detailing for a couple of weeks now lol.

I'm also hoping to run the CMX at least once in rain storm to see how front windshield does.
    I just had a thought. I have a terrible problem with hard water spots from my sprinkler system in the summer.
    I’m wondering if applying CMX to the windows will help out with removing them after they form????

Post Thanks / Like

I used it on the rear window of my wife’s car and I looks like I put nothing on it. No beading. I have no idea why. I used it on paint and it beaded fine. I did not hold up well enough for me to use it as a stand alone coating, but it will work fine for coating maintenance.

11. Thanks heloguy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    I used it on the rear window of my wife’s car and I looks like I put nothing on it. No beading. I have no idea why. I used it on paint and it beaded fine. I did not hold up well enough for me to use it as a stand alone coating, but it will work fine for coating maintenance.

Did you do any prep?

Just to add, I prepped all surfaces with N914 at panel prep dilution. For front windshield, I also did a IPA wipedown. My rear and side windows beaded well in rain along with sunroof. YMMV

Post Thanks / Like

Also since you have a newer truck, use Ech2o for a waterless wash. Will wipe up nicely and leave a very nice deep gloss on black trim and paint.

You can then wipe the bay down with CMX. I tend to use up all my "out dated" products in engine bay and wheel wells to use them up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Also since you have a newer truck, use Ech2o for a waterless wash. Will wipe up nicely and leave a very nice deep gloss on black trim and paint.

You can then wipe the bay down with CMX. I tend to use up all my "out dated" products in engine bay and wheel wells to use them up.
    Ouch CMX “outdated” already? I am not pleased with its performance as a stand alone product, but it is still better than 90% of the topper (Reload) type products on the market. CMX will hold up 3-4X longer than most toppers and beats them in price. I’m still waiting to see if CMX will mix with ECH2O to boost my drying aid. The bottles Mothers uses for CMX (similar to 303) make it difficult (for me) to remove the sprayer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Ouch CMX “outdated” already? I am not pleased with its performance as a stand alone product, but it is still better than 90% of the topper (Reload) type products on the market. CMX will hold up 3-4X longer than most toppers and beats them in price. I’m still waiting to see if CMX will mix with ECH2O to boost my drying aid. The bottles Mothers uses for CMX (similar to 303) make it difficult (for me) to remove the sprayer.
    Slip joint pliers are your best friend

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 32 of 39 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233343536373839 LastLast