autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
    Just call me Mr. Mom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

We're trying to figure out how to care for the microfiber towels - right now I just toss them since they seem to repel water really well.

You'll be able to find it after February 1. AutoGeek would be a good place to start. Several retail chains are putting it in as well.

Yes, you can reapply it on top of itself, but I've seen no need to. The surface just needs to be clean and contaminant free.

I'll have to disagree with DBailey. These types of products are game changers, and I see a gradual shift toward them and away from carnauba based products. Early adopters recognize this, and the market will head that way over the next few years. I remember when no one knew what clay was, and now it's a mainstream product. The time frame for acceptance is shortening thanks to the connectivity of people and an embrace of technology.

Too pricey? Have you noticed how may $20+ products are on the shelf at your local retailer? The big chains are loving the increase in the consumers' marketbasket, and the gross profit dollars they generate. Profit percentages are nice, but it's the dollars that count. BTW, the average retail price for an appearance chemical is up 2.7% compared to last year at this time - folks are paying more for products.

2. Thanks DetailZeus thanked for this post
    Likes DBAILEY, D.BRITT liked this post
    Dislikes D.BRITT disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I do hope it sticks around. Its just that I've seen boutique and professional products added to retail shelves many times over the last decade and I can't think of too many that have stayed around. I see customers at those stores balk at anything over $10-12 a lot. I see the company Mother's as a company that survives on the OTC market sales and not the online retail sales. If its a good product it will survive at places like AG and Autopia, but that may not be enough incentive to keep manufacturing it. Look at how many time Meguiars has stopped making a forum favorite in the last few years. You could even add TW to that with the Enduro Tire Coating.

However, I don't think I have even seen what the price will be. I am just assuming it will be in the $30-40 range based on the rest of the like products out there. Albeit, this one sounds like it will be a much more substantial stand alone LSP more akin to something like Gyeon CanCoat.

4. Likes Klasse Act liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post

And bring back the Mother’s Foam Leather Cleaner, please!
    Is this the 1 you’re talking about? I have this bottle but I’ve never tried it. Lol.

6. Likes DETAILROOKIE liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post
    Is this the 1 you’re talking about? I have this bottle but I’ve never tried it. Lol.

It is really good stuff.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Autogeekonline mobile app

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    It is really good stuff.

Cool, I’ll try it with a horsehair brush next time I clean the seats in my Cadillac.

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to trying this out. I tend to like some Mother’s products.
    Jim

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post
    We're trying to figure out how to care for the microfiber towels - right now I just toss them since they seem to repel water really well.

You'll be able to find it after February 1. AutoGeek would be a good place to start. Several retail chains are putting it in as well.

Yes, you can reapply it on top of itself, but I've seen no need to. The surface just needs to be clean and contaminant free.

I'll have to disagree with DBailey. These types of products are game changers, and I see a gradual shift toward them and away from carnauba based products. Early adopters recognize this, and the market will head that way over the next few years. I remember when no one knew what clay was, and now it's a mainstream product. The time frame for acceptance is shortening thanks to the connectivity of people and an embrace of technology.

Too pricey? Have you noticed how may $20+ products are on the shelf at your local retailer? The big chains are loving the increase in the consumers' marketbasket, and the gross profit dollars they generate. Profit percentages are nice, but it's the dollars that count. BTW, the average retail price for an appearance chemical is up 2.7% compared to last year at this time - folks are paying more for products.
    I think core inflation is up a little over 2% in the US?

I hope Mothers sets the benchmark for a retail coating. Kudos to you guys. I definitely hear the term "coating" in more and more people's lingo. I just hope the market doesn't dilute the term too much. Which is why we need a good product to set the bar.

I've always considered a coating something that required polishing before reapplication. Meaning the surface, once cured, will reject additional layers. So I'm surprised you can reapply without. On the flip side it's very easy for a brand to say, "yes you must polish again" (and use all our prep products while you're at it) when in reality the product may not require it.

However even if this is just an advanced WOWA (wipe on walk away) I won't complain. Give me significant protection from bugs, bird bombs, waters spots, and grime for well over six months with an easy application at an affordable price and you can call it whatever you want.

11. Likes Aaron1085 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Eldorado2k View Post

Yes that is it! The foaming action really gets leather clean. I can’t find it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by DETAILROOKIE View Post
    It is really good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Yes that is it! The foaming action really gets leather clean. I can’t find it anymore.
    What’s your favorite method of applying it?

Post Thanks / Like

Will this be sold In a gallon??

CAN it be used as a topper on other ceramics??
    Quote Originally Posted by forrest@mothers View Post

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast