autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    It's here and it's warming up outside

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app
    You know, I've never been so excited over a product like this before, I really hope it ends up being a winner

PS I'm super jelly right now

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Thanks 392hemi, VitreousHumor thanked for this post
    Likes 392hemi, SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Dislikes 392hemi disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by SWETM View Post
    Moonlight on trim is a very common here in Sweden and most of the EU. It has a great darkening effect on the trim and long lasting and as with most of these products a little goes a long way. Anything from 9 to 12 months longevity on trim is what I have read about it. Angelwax Corona gets a lot of great reviews on the looks on trim. And it's restoring ability it has too. On paint it's like a warmer glow sealant with an ability to filling fine swirls very good too.

Man what it's going to be interesting to hear what you think about the Mothers CMX! If it's going to be live up to the claims. Which has it to be one of the most interesting products to be released. I'm a little worried about it's about how long it can protect and gives gloss during that year. If the water behavior and self cleaning ability from it also hang in around the year mark. Then it's going to be a very popular product if it's also user friendly application of it.

I don't take much from the tortuer testing that many does. Don't see the purpose to apply high ph level degreasers on products that is not made for to stand up to them. Cause that is the most harsh chemicals to LSP. And it would be more interesting to see how it holds up to chemicals that they can handle and the aggitations wear from washing until they fails instead. It's almost as saying that it's not good that polishing oils don't stand up to ipa or panel wipe products. The aggitations from washing is also something I find interesting to see how a LSP stands up to it.

/ Tony
    Tony I agree repeated washing to test durability and exposure to salt water or some sort of brine to mimic winter. letting dry on surface and then wash would be a better testing method.

4. Thanks SWETM thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Moonlight on trim is a very common here in Sweden and most of the EU. It has a great darkening effect on the trim and long lasting and as with most of these products a little goes a long way. Anything from 9 to 12 months longevity on trim is what I have read about it. Angelwax Corona gets a lot of great reviews on the looks on trim. And it's restoring ability it has too. On paint it's like a warmer glow sealant with an ability to filling fine swirls very good too.

Man what it's going to be interesting to hear what you think about the Mothers CMX! If it's going to be live up to the claims. Which has it to be one of the most interesting products to be released. I'm a little worried about it's about how long it can protect and gives gloss during that year. If the water behavior and self cleaning ability from it also hang in around the year mark. Then it's going to be a very popular product if it's also user friendly application of it.

I don't take much from the tortuer testing that many does. Don't see the purpose to apply high ph level degreasers on products that is not made for to stand up to them. Cause that is the most harsh chemicals to LSP. And it would be more interesting to see how it holds up to chemicals that they can handle and the aggitations wear from washing until they fails instead. It's almost as saying that it's not good that polishing oils don't stand up to ipa or panel wipe products. The aggitations from washing is also something I find interesting to see how a LSP stands up to it.

/ Tony
    I think it's good so we understand how much resistance they have , especially because of how chemical resistant coatings were supposed to be.

Due to the extreme cold and the salt on the roads, I always use a touchless carwash to rinse the undercarriage and vehicle of all grime and salt. These are known to use very harsh chemicals to strip grime, traffic film and other muck since they are touchless.

Back in the day, they have stripped my carnuba wax, NXT wax, number 26 and I want to say even Zaino. This is going back about 16 or so years ago. I've had good luck with 845 and Sonax PNS against the touchless chemicals.

6. Thanks acuRAS82 thanked for this post
    Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rrthomas78 View Post
    It's here and it's warming up outside

Sent from my LG-Q710AL using Autogeekonline mobile app

What are you doing!!!!! Go and use it!!!! Haha sorry just excited, it's so cold here, I would be testing on my sinks and bathroom fixtures lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING-img_20190129_191744_225-jpg

Current state of my car

Post Thanks / Like

I checked Pep Boys today just to see if they got it in early. Not in stock yet. Will probably wait until AG gets it anyways.

Post Thanks / Like

11. Likes SWETM, VitreousHumor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    I think it's good so we understand how much resistance they have , especially because of how chemical resistant coatings were supposed to be.

Due to the extreme cold and the salt on the roads, I always use a touchless carwash to rinse the undercarriage and vehicle of all grime and salt. These are known to use very harsh chemicals to strip grime, traffic film and other muck since they are touchless.

Back in the day, they have stripped my carnuba wax, NXT wax, number 26 and I want to say even Zaino. This is going back about 16 or so years ago. I've had good luck with 845 and Sonax PNS against the touchless chemicals.
    And they are if compared to most LSP. And 845 and 476s and PNS and BSD is sealants known to have great chemical resistance too. But if you read a description of a coating and that coating claims to be holding up to ph11. What would be the purpose to use a high alkaline based degreaser with ph13 and above. It already tells you that it will be not holding up to it. Instead use a TFR (traffic film remover) with ph9-ph10 and see how it holds up to the claims. And even an acidic based product. Some waterless washes and spray waxes is acidic based and one is Duragloss Aquawax. It has a ph4 level which is as acidic as D140 Wheel Brightener for an example. Then it's not only about the ph levels. Cause most solvents is around or little above ph neutral. And there are some surfactans that is really hard on LSP too. Citrol 266 which is known for being harsh on LSP has a ph 9-10. Most iron removers are ph neutral and not so harsh on LSP as many thinks.

So it's very much on which chemical you use and how you use it too. Many leaves residue behind that is hard to rinse it off even with a PW. And to be certain it's a good choice to wash with carpro reset or like that after an use of a degreaser or another chemical product. To see how the LSP water behavior is after that the residue is cleaned off. And with that it's mostly the aggitations when doing this that is the most effective part. I think also that the longevity of the LSP has much to do with how you washing and how often you do it. If you where to have the same LSP on 2 cars and 1 you wash 2-3 times a week and the other once or every two week. I think that you will see a noticeble difference of the longevity on them. Aggitations overall on a LSP is aggressive on them. And the more gentle touching and great washing and drying products the longer longevity from a LSP you get. So it's not good to be waiting too long between the washes as you often needs to be more aggressive to get the dirt off the paint. As it's not good good to be washing too often either as you touching the paint more and it impacts on the longevity too. Then it's also how you see on it too. You can accept a little less longevity if washing often and just apply the LSP more often. Or you may have a long lasting LSP that you top up the base protection with and only wear on that topper product. The variables is very many. This is most on when testing the LSP where useing products that it's claimed to be holding up to and the how many washes it stands up to.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 392hemi View Post
    Mother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING-img_20190129_191744_225-jpg

Current state of my car
    Judging by your avatar I didn't see you driving a GuiliaMother's CMX CERAMIC SPRAY COATING

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2022 Elantra N Cyber Gray
    Some say..."He likes Swedish fish because they're made with caranuba wax"

Post Thanks / Like

And even an acidic based product. Some waterless washes and spray waxes is acidic based and one is Duragloss Aquawax. It has a ph4 level which is as acidic as D140 Wheel Brightener for an example. Then it's not only about the ph levels. Cause most solvents is around or little above ph neutral. And there are some surfactans that is really hard on LSP too. Citrol 266 which is known for being harsh on LSP has a ph 9-10. Most iron removers are ph neutral and not so harsh on LSP as many thinks.
    I never realized this about DG AW. Is it likely removing LSP moreso than other spray waxes? I heard Meg’s UQW may do this too.

Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast