autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum Autogeek on TV
car wax, car care and auto detailing forumAutogeekonline autogeekonline car wax, car care and auto detailing forum HomeForumBlogAutogeek.net StoreDetailing Classes with Mike PhillipsGalleryDetailing How To's

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: IGL Now Stocked

Post Thanks / Like

Re: IGL Now Stocked

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Oh another CG shampoo flavor
    HA!

For real, though? I wouldn't doubt it.

2. Likes rlmccarty2000 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlmccarty2000 View Post
    Glad to see AG stocking IGL. I’ve followed their line for over a year now and have wanted to try their products. They are a strange (to me) company. I’ve tried to get information from them about specific products, but never got good responses. Maybe AG will give away a few samples so we can get a feel for their lineup. I see too many new products being added with no user feedback. I’m not spending $50 just to find out if something works. I want some forum feedback first.
    They have a dedicated following, that's for sure. Seem to be very, very good relationship with their user base, almost family-like. I spoke with them a bit trying to get a sample of their Poly or Quartz/Quartz+ but no dice. Very nice people, just their policy; their product, their rules.

Poly, Quartz and Quartz+ coatings can be obtained by pros relatively easily I believe, just proof of business insurance/license I think. Kenzo requires more actual training and some proof of success with their lower level coatings.

I've used Premier and Window and have Wheel and Trim sitting on the shelf. Nice thing about their kits are that they're *very* complete and well presented; include the product, pre-cleaner, applicators, etc.

Have noticed recently that they're quickly coming out with new products.

To be honest, kinda surprised they are on Autogeek; always figured them as a small, tight knit company/community. Shows ya what I know.

Wonder if AG will carry 'EcoSkin'?

IGL Coatings Blog | Introducing IGL EcoSkin – The Detailer’s Essential

Post Thanks / Like

I hear that from alot of people but they are pretty massive in terms of size just less of a presence in the states I feel.

I really thought poly was gonna be available to get on AG but I guess not
    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    They have a dedicated following, that's for sure. Seem to be very, very good relationship with their user base, almost family-like. I spoke with them a bit trying to get a sample of their Poly or Quartz/Quartz+ but no dice. Very nice people, just their policy; their product, their rules.

Poly, Quartz and Quartz+ coatings can be obtained by pros relatively easily I believe, just proof of business insurance/license I think. Kenzo requires more actual training and some proof of success with their lower level coatings.

I've used Premier and Window and have Wheel and Trim sitting on the shelf. Nice thing about their kits are that they're *very* complete and well presented; include the product, pre-cleaner, applicators, etc.

Have noticed recently that they're quickly coming out with new products, even have bath soap/salts on their website somewhere.

To be honest, kinda surprised they are on Autogeek; always figured them as a small, tight knit company/community. Shows ya what I know.
    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

5. Likes BudgetPlan1 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzscarwash View Post
    Kenzo you need to be certified for, there a a few items you can only get as a certified install, one of the reasons i become one.
    I never understood being "certified" Coatings aren't rocket science to apply.
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

7. Likes rlmccarty2000, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

They're protecting their name and their product. how many times have you heard people complain on social media or the forms about various Coatings or products not working and yet 90% of the time it's user error.
    Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTQ B4U View Post
    You are correct and as coatings get more prevalent I see more of these “pro only” coatings being sold to anyone who wants them. The market is saturated with “pro only” coatings as it is. I don’t see how a manufacturer can turn down money for a product that someone wants. If they are worried about liability, then just have a waiver signed. It’s getting easier, I’ve talked to a couple of manufacturers that were willing to sell their pro coating to me, I just wasn’t interested at the inflated price. In a way it’s like the old Amway scam, they make you pay for training and they “give” you a starter set of product to get you hooked. They’ve got your money and your time invested, now you have to charge a high price to install a coating to make any money. The strange thing is the consumer/end user doesn’t have a clue to what makes a coating “good”. It’s 99% preparation of the paint and 1% the product on the paint. We have already found out that most coatings don’t provide much real protection anyway. Off my soap box...

10. Likes rangerbay, JustJesus liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wgasa84 View Post
    They're protecting their name and their product. how many times have you heard people complain on social media or the forms about various Coatings or products not working and yet 90% of the time it's user error.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Still pointless. The above is no different than any product really. Painting a room is mostly about prep. Too. These companies are small compared to many too. Their name....heck, I've never heard of them. Meguires has a name and a brand worth far more in terms reputation.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
    2019 Pearl White Accord 2.0T Touring (mine)
    Snowflake Pearl White CX-30 Turbo Premium Plus(wife)
    2010 Urban Platinum Metallic CRV EX-L & 2014 Mica Black Metallic Toyota Corolla S (kids)

12. Likes rlmccarty2000, Maxreed241 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JustJesus View Post
    Not even pumpkin pie with whipped cream?
    Did someone say pumpkin pie and whipped cream??

14. Likes The Guz liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder how long the line will last. I spoke with a couple guys thru text messages and we all agreed that a consumer level coating would help generate some interest in the line. It's done well for CarPro, GTechniq, Gyeon and others. Which is why I have no interest in the line as nothing really stands out. Nothing wrong with them only wanting to stay on the pro side but they could generate more sales and buzz with the consumer.

16. Likes SWETM liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by The Guz View Post
    I wonder how long the line will last. I spoke with a couple guys thru text messages and we all agreed that a consumer level coating would help generate some interest in the line. It's done well for CarPro, GTechniq, Gyeon and others. Which is why I have no interest in the line as nothing really stands out. Nothing wrong with them only wanting to stay on the pro side but they could generate more sales and buzz with the consumer.
    That might require them to hire a whole different set of employees in order to successfully market that new product to the regular consumer market and they might not be interested in having to branch out that way at the present time...

Just because certain products aren’t popular on social media doesn’t mean they aren’t some brands bread & butter... One could think certain products such as many that make up Meguiars Mirror Glaze line should’ve been extinct many years ago... But the fact is that Meguiars Mirror Glaze M1, M2, M3, M4, M6, M7, M9, M62, M66, M85, M86, etc... Are still being produced and sold by Meguiars and I bet they sell quite well considering D114 didn’t meet their sales expectations once upon a time and wound up on the chopping block. Yet they’re still pumping out M86 Solo Cut Polish & Glaze in both quarts & gallons but you’d probably never see how it could make sense to keep that and dump D114...

Bottom line is professional products are a whole different animal than consumer level products and it would be foolish to overlook things without seeing them from all angles.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast